Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Delia to recieve CBE

For recognition of her TV cookery programmes and her recipe books, for a moment I thought it would be down to her football roots!

Anyway, good on the woman, we may not hold her in great regard in terms of NCFC, but she''s done herself proud with this.

Well done, Delia.

[quote user="Mushroom"]For recognition of her TV cookery programmes and her recipe books, for a moment I thought it would be down to her football roots! Anyway, good on the woman, we may not hold her in great regard in terms of NCFC, but she''s done herself proud with this. Well done, Delia.[/quote]

She should stick with what she knows.....cooking!

Please leave football and Norwich City well alone, maybe the Queen can have a word!

OTBC

St.John

[quote user="Mutley"]Services to the demollition industry????[/quote]

What a bunch of plebs some people on here are!!!

Super award, well done Delia, let''s hope this isn''t the only trophy she will be collecting in the next 12 months.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Super award, well done Delia, let''s hope this isn''t the only trophy she will be collecting in the next 12 months.

[/quote]

Whos a pleb?? Yes its a great acheivement, and well done to her personally. But I think I am objective enough to seperate her on screen persona as a celeb chef (of which I have very little interest) and admit that she is very successful. As opposed to her role within Norwich City (of which I have got a lot of interest) and admit that she has been found to be woefully short!!!![:@]

How short sighted are people on here? Delia promised she was looking for further investment in our club.

Now think who is one of the riches families in the country and has a second home in Norfolk [;)] Good thinking Delia. Welcome to the Royal Directors Box!!!!

Oh and in all seriousness Well done on your CBE

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Mmmm not bad for a ''Z Lister'' who is only using ''our once great club'' to prop up her ailing celebrity status [^o)][;)]
[/quote]

Means bugger all, any Z lister like her can and do get gongs these days.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Mmmm not bad for a ''Z Lister'' who is only using ''our once great club'' to prop up her ailing celebrity status [^o)][;)]
[/quote]

Means bugger all, any Z lister like her can and do get gongs these days.

[/quote]

Come on Wiz, credit where credit''s due.

Whatever has happened to our club this is great news and i would like to congratulate Delia for her news

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Mmmm not bad for a ''Z Lister'' who is only using ''our once great club'' to prop up her ailing celebrity status [^o)][;)][/quote]And amazingly there are very few references in the papers today to the fact that she''s one of our majority shareholders. Most articles I''ve read this morning simply say "director of NCFC'' and some say nothing about us at all.[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/8556666[url]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Shack Attack"]Mmmm not bad for a ''Z Lister'' who is only using ''our once great club'' to prop up her ailing celebrity status [^o)][;)]
[/quote]

And amazingly there are very few references in the papers today to the fact that she''s one of our majority shareholders. Most articles I''ve read this morning simply say "director of NCFC'' and some say nothing about us at all.

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/8556666[url]

[/quote]

Oh shock, LQ licks Delia''s backside.............again![:|]

[quote user="Mutley"][quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]

Whos a pleb?? Yes its a great acheivement, and well done to her personally. But I think I am objective enough to seperate her on screen persona as a celeb chef (of which I have very little interest) and admit that she is very successful. As opposed to her role within Norwich City (of which I have got a lot of interest) and admit that she has been found to be woefully short!!!![:@]

[/quote]

Exactly!!!! Spot on Good Chef,Crap football club owner!!!!

They hand the things out like bloody sweets these days.

Whos next? My mum for services to housework?

Pathetic!

[quote user="Millo"]

Pathetic!

[/quote]It''s an award for achieving something valuable in the wider community. She has done that and good luck to her.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Millo"]

Pathetic!

[/quote]

It''s an award for achieving something valuable in the wider community. She has done that and good luck to her.
[/quote]

My nan ran a  charity for 47 years, how was she rewarded?

Sod all thats how!

This is a joke, shes a boring cook, who has given nothing to the public, yet gets recognition over fundraisers, because of her celeb status.

If anyone at this club deserves this its Gunn for his charity work not Delia.

[quote user="Millo"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Millo"]

Pathetic!

[/quote]It''s an award for achieving something valuable in the wider community. She has done that and good luck to her.[/quote]

Sod all thats how!

This is a joke, shes a boring cook, who has given nothing to the public, yet gets recognition over fundraisers, because of her celeb status.

[/quote]

She''s achieved a high degree of success in her field, end of. You may not like it but I''d rather see her get one than some random civil servant who went to the right school and greased his way up the pole. Delia getting one didn''t stop your dear old nan (gor bless ''er) getting one. Maybe no-one ever nominated your nan?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Honoursawardsandmedals/DG_067917

A CBE is nothing special.....

It''s what''s usually given to lollypop ladies and toilet cleaners after lobbying by the "local" public.

I''m sure she would rather have got something half decent..... but then some things in life cannot be contrived. Not that any of this elitist crap has any place in modern society.....

[quote user="Cluck is God"]Not that any of this elitist crap has any place in modern society..... [/quote]Now, make up you mind Cluck dear, the other day you were pining for the olden days and how things used to be! [:^)]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Millo"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Millo"]

Pathetic!

[/quote]

It''s an award for achieving something valuable in the wider community. She has done that and good luck to her.
[/quote]

Sod all thats how!

[/quote]

She''s achieved a high degree of success in her field, end of. You may not like it but I''d rather see her get one than some random civil servant who went to the right school and greased his way up the pole. Delia getting one didn''t stop your dear old nan (gor bless ''er) getting one. Maybe no-one ever nominated your nan? http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Honoursawardsandmedals/DG_067917

[/quote]

Fair enough mate, the only thing I will say is that for all my late nans hard work she never seeked attention, many knew who she was but she wasnt one to bathe in the limelight.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Not that any of this elitist crap has any place in modern society..... [/quote]Now, make up you mind Cluck dear, the other day you were pining for the olden days and how things used to be! [:^)][/quote]

I could tell you a little story about such things Slapps.... but as usual modesty on my part prevents it.......

"Gongs" are for my staff to announce dinner in my house...... 

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Not that any of this elitist crap has any place in modern society..... [/quote]Now, make up you mind Cluck dear, the other day you were pining for the olden days and how things used to be! [:^)][/quote]

I could tell you a little story about such things Slapps.... but as usual modesty on my part prevents it.......

"Gongs" are for my staff to announce dinner in my house...... 

[/quote]

What Cluck means is that''s when the squirells bring the rest of the nuts inside the house for the evening meal.

I''m not gonna be a hypocrite like some people and post"Aww well done Delia, congratulations great achievement"and then go on a Delia out thread and say"Delia and her cronies are HOPELESS. Get rid of the clueless cook"

[quote user="Millo"]

Sod all thats how!

[/quote]You have to be nominated. Obviously nobody nominated your Nan. (did you? No? Couldn''t be arsed?)Evidently nobody thought your Nan was worth a chuff.Delia however WAS nominated.OK Millo?

[quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]So what can you tell me about Delia''s charity work?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

How short sighted are people on here? Delia promised she was looking for further investment in our club.

Now think who is one of the riches families in the country and has a second home in Norfolk [;)] Good thinking Delia. Welcome to the Royal Directors Box!!!!

Oh and in all seriousness Well done on your CBE

[/quote]

[:)]