Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Returns from a long injury and scores in his first full start...

Just read the short story on Pink Un homepage, sorry don''t know how to post a link, and Hucks has been quoted as saying he doesn''t know where his future lies- San Jose or Norwich...........doe this mean he''s coming back????? Will be on a free and knowing how much he loves our club, would he take a major pay cut????

I F****** hope so!

i should imagine if he is due back or comming back he would want to do it as soon as possible im not sure has hucks got kids , if so he would want them to start in september surely?

he is only 33 he would have a couple of seasons left in him im confident if he came back he would want to prove a big point to the fans and roeder for letting him go in the first place.

[quote user="singing canary"]

i should imagine if he is due back or comming back he would want to do it as soon as possible im not sure has hucks got kids , if so he would want them to start in september surely?

he is only 33 he would have a couple of seasons left in him im confident if he came back he would want to prove a big point to the fans and roeder for letting him go in the first place.

[/quote]

I think his family live here still, don''t his kids go to a private school?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

I think his family live here still, don''t his kids go to a private school?

[/quote]

He''s said in a recent interview, with a link on here somewhere. That his family are still in Norfolk, and that his kid''s go to private school, so he can''t just pull them out of school. That he misses his family but he''s a big boy now! and has to get on with it. He has three options for next season, stay in MLS, play for Norwich or retire. He also said that he''s "not planning on playing too much longer, to be honest" and that he hasn''t talked contracts with either San Jose or Norwich as yet.

Sorry for horendous paraphrasing but I''m lazy.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_12572771

The Earthquakes best player, Darren Huckerby, has played three minutes since mid April because of a thigh injury suffered during a practice. With Huckerby sidelined the Quakes have fallen to last place in the Western Conference.

But as the team heads to Seattle for a match Saturday against Sounders FC, Huckerby is on the mend and available to play. He said he hopes to get another week of training before going full steam but is prepared to do what the team needs.

Question: How are you feeling Darren?

Answer: I''m getting there. It''s tough when it is six or seven weeks out. Putting in some good work in with trainer Bruce Morgan so it feels good.

Q: Describe how it felt to get into the match at Dallas.

A: I was told at 65 minutes I was going on. The problem was, I was only going to play if we needed to. It wasn''t completely ready yet. I''d been doing my own fitness but nothing like training with the boys. We were down by one and I was going at 65 minutes but then we scored so maybe the last 10 minutes. Then we scored again and I wasn''t going on at all. Then they equalize and we tried to score in the last minute and I probably should have so it nearly worked.

Q: If you were more game fit would you have scored it?

A: Sometimes you score, sometimes you don''t. I''ve had two practices in eight weeks and two minutes of football so it would have been nice to get in a little bit longer but that was not aim. We were short players, we had a few injuries, and it was just to be there with the boys and get back into it.

Q: So should we expect to see more of you at Seattle this weekend?

A: I expect to be involved somehow. I just want to get my fitness back over the next week, two weeks. If Frank (Yallop) wants me to start I''ll start. If he wants me on the bench I''ll sit on the bench. If he wants me to sit on the side, I''ll side on the side.

Q: Is this one of the most frustrating injuries of your career?

A: This is the longest injury I''ve ever had. I never pulled a muscle in 16 years. When I actually did it the first time, the reason I made it worse is because I didn''t know how bad it was. I thought it was just a little pull and I could get through it. Sometimes you got to realize you can''t. I came back twice and came back too early and paid the price for it.

It''s especially frustrating because the majority of the time we''ve been losing. You feel like you''re not contributing, not helping the boys out. But you can''t help injuries. I''m old enough to know that you just have to enjoy the times when you are fit when you''re a little older.

Q: The club has built an advertising campaign around you: "What''s a Huckerby?" What do you think of it?

A: It''s kind of strange. Football is well down in the pecking order of sport here. It''s difficult. A lot of people I''ve spoken to don''t even know the season has started. We''re always playing second fiddle.

Q: What has been the most difficult part of playing in San Jose? Do you get homesick?

A: When you''re sitting around and just getting treatment. I''ve been away from my family a little bit now. They are coming over in 36 days in mid July. The boys go to private school, and I can''t just pull them out of school. They want to watch their dad play. They don''t get to see dad every day, that has been difficult.

Q: What''s the most surprising thing you''ve encountered here?

A: Football is always the same all over the world but the rules and regulations are pretty strange in MLS. The way people get traded and shopped in training is very strange. That just doesn''t happen in England. You got a contract, you''re there until that contract finishes.

It''s hard. You get to know teammates and then they are gone the next day. It''s a ruthless sport. It''s a results business and we haven''t been getting the results we need to get. That''s why there have been changes.

Q: What are the chances you will have an opportunity to return to Norwich City next year?

A: The opportunity is going to present itself. I''m out of contract at the end of the season. I haven''t spoken to John (Doyle) or Frank yet. The fact of the matter, I''ll wait until the end of the season and we''ll see from there. I don''t plan to play too much longer, to be honest. So, whether it is here or there, there are only two places I''m going to play. One''s here, one''s Norwich. No one has spoken to me from Norwich or here so we''ll see.

Q: You had a chance to play in Toronto or somewhere else when coming to MLS. How do you now feel about your decision?

A: I made the right choice. Toronto is a great place but I''m really happy here. I like the lads, I like the staff, the only problem is I''m a long way from home, but that''s life. I''m a big boy, I''m not 21, I''m 33.

Q: What else is going on in your future?

A: I''m kind of fit but have a couple of issues. I got a bit of a hip problem that needs sorting out at the end of the season. Until then I''m just trying to enjoy my football, trying to get fit, trying to be a part of something here. We started something last season but we just haven''t gotten to the same heights yet.

Q: What do the Quakes need to do?

A: We''ve got defend better as a team. We''ve given up too many goals. We haven''t gone for the clean sheet for a long time. If you don''t get clean sheets, you''re always chasing the game; you''ve always got to score to get something out of the game. We need a couple 1-nil wins. That will help us build our confidence up a little bit.

Q: Will the recent trades of Nick Garcia and Cam Weaver help?

A: Who knows? Nick''s an established player. He knows the league and has been around a long time. Jason Hernandez coming back has helped the past few weeks. He''s a massive defender for us. With Jason getting back and starting to get fully match fit will make a big difference.

Coach Frank Yallop on Huckerby:

Q: Will he play soon?

A: If he gets through this week he''ll probably start. I don''t want to push him. I''ll ask him. I want to make sure he is not exposed to injury again, that''s important. He played three minutes the other night and did well in those three minutes. Had a couple of runs. And the one chance he had he probably wants it back. I think he would have scored if he was in his normal form. He looks good, looks like he is ready.

Q: Have you missed him?

A: We missed him. He keeps other teams are on their toes so much. That they are afraid to really push us, because look out, if there is a breakaway it is Darren usually. The way we played lately we looked like we can get him the ball where before we were struggling with possession, struggling with a lot of stuff. Now the team is quite confident actually. It looks like a team that can win a lot of games.

The problem for me is that it is a far cry playing for San Jose at this time of year and playing through one of our winters - he wasn''t exactly fit and firing on all cylinders in his last season here, was he, and had a chronic injury that was surely made worse by the weather/conditions. I don''t doubt that Hucks could do a job, but would all the risk (both to his fitness and NCFC''s finances) make it worthwhile?