Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

I think that the Clingan deal is done.

Nope, im not claiming any source or inside knowledge, my only decent source has now left the clubs employment.

But I fully suspect, and always have suspected, that the Clingan deal is done and dusted.

The club will have no desire to announce this just yet, because of the mass hysteria created as a result, and will wait until we have made a few signings ourselves first. (In order to silence the no ambition anti club squad).

I''ve just had this feeling in my gut for ages now, I am convinced that the club are afraid to announce it until the rebate stuff has passed and a player or two has been announced. Probably after signing Micky Nelson and Grant Holt.

This is of course completely unfounded, but I have just got a strong instinct. Do you lot think that this is feasible?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Lets all put our fingers in the air and pull

out a pointless bit of gossip to waste space and peoples time on a

forum.  If you have no inside info then it probably isnt true.  Stupid

post. You wouldnt pick a random word in the dictionary to choose a

horse to bet on, if you did you would lose a lot of money.

[/quote]

[quote user="claud"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Lets all put our fingers in the air and pull out a pointless bit of gossip to waste space and peoples time on a forum.  If you have no inside info then it probably isnt true.  Stupid post. You wouldnt pick a random word in the dictionary to choose a horse to bet on, if you did you would lose a lot of money.

[/quote][/quote]

Fair Play, although you have failed to quote the thread to which I was referring.

Huckerby leaving caused a lot of consternation but Clinghan leaving causing mass hysteria... I''m not so sure.As much as I admired his qualities, he may only be a back-up in a Premiership squad.As a result, I don''t believe the deal is done as I feel the transfer would take its normal process via the media. There''s already a lot of speculation regarding interested clubs and player swap deals, so sooner or later we will hear an outcome, but I do expect him leave.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Nope, im not claiming any source or inside knowledge, my only decent source has now left the clubs employment.

But I fully suspect, and always have suspected, that the Clingan deal is done and dusted.

The club will have no desire to announce this just yet, because of the mass hysteria created as a result, and will wait until we have made a few signings ourselves first. (In order to silence the no ambition anti club squad).

I''ve just had this feeling in my gut for ages now, I am convinced that the club are afraid to announce it until the rebate stuff has passed and a player or two has been announced. Probably after signing Micky Nelson and Grant Holt.

This is of course completely unfounded, but I have just got a strong instinct. Do you lot think that this is feasible?

[/quote]

I think people have to realize that most contracts run to June 31st

So often even if deals are done they dont get announced until around that time.

Plus you get alot of last minute deals around that time.

I still expect a number of the current 1st team squad to be leaving in various deals.

I think its a good thing........If selling sammy can fund 3-5 decent squad players then it might be worthwhile.

I also think the younger players will play a big part this year, if one or two work out it will be fantastic.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Huckerby leaving caused a lot of consternation but Clinghan leaving causing mass hysteria... I''m not so sure.

As much as I admired his qualities, he may only be a back-up in a Premiership squad.

As a result, I don''t believe the deal is done as I feel the transfer would take its normal process via the media. There''s already a lot of speculation regarding interested clubs and player swap deals, so sooner or later we will hear an outcome, but I do expect him leave.
[/quote]

I was thinking more about the doom and gloom and lack of ambition stuff. At least we are all agree that we expect him to leave/

As long as we get a decent enough fee & his wages off the books i''m not fussed about losing him.  Better to buy 3 or 4 lower earners to fill the squad with permanent players than keep loaning, if Clingan must go to achieve that then so long

Plus his performances from Jaunary onwards were lousy & i felt his head had be turned elsewhere already

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

it was Doomcaster.. wasn''t it...

jas :)

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[/quote]

Mass hysteria?..........yeah............right.[:S]

I actually think no deals been done yet. Clingan and is agent are holding out for prem offers, which i think arent forthcoming, so he''ll probably end up at a Championship club.I predict he''ll leave toward the end of the window, prob to Cov or someone. Right now i think he''s hoping for a prem move.

But if Klingon goes first, the board can come out and say that it''s to get some cash and free up some wages for future signings to come.

Which will leave everyone contented and excited. And then sign a couple of freebies and a loan long after he''s gone

[quote user="Ankles"]

As long as we get a decent enough fee & his wages off the books i''m not fussed about losing him.  Better to buy 3 or 4 lower earners to fill the squad with permanent players than keep loaning, if Clingan must go to achieve that then so long

Plus his performances from Jaunary onwards were lousy & i felt his head had be turned elsewhere already

[/quote]

I agree completely, there is no point on missing out on £1m+ for a player that can leave for free in 12 months. He is a great player, but one player doesnt make a team, and if Clingan leaving means that we can sign a half decent goalkeeper, a right winger and a striker...... then I feel that he has to leave.

[quote user="Ankles"]

[/quote]

How Can You Say His Performances Were Lousy? He Was One Of The Only Players That Was Putting In Effort. Not To Forget His Amazing Freekicks!

Clingan to me seems to be a decent bloke and understands how the fans have been let down last season., i think that unless a Premiership side comes in for him he''ll stay for the season and help try and get us back up and put it right.