Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Current best eleven and seven subs?

Now the rules have changed for next season - here is mine at the moment.

Rudd

Spillane

Doherty

Stefanovic

Drury

Gill

Clingan

Russell

Hoolahan

Martin

Cureton

Subs:

Steer

Otsemobor

Adeyemi

Smith

McDonald

Kelly

[quote user="ncfclad"]Now the rules have changed for next season - here is mine at the moment. Rudd Spillane Doherty Stefanovic Drury Gill Clingan Russell Hoolahan Martin Cureton Subs: Steer Otsemobor Adeyemi Smith McDonald Kelly[/quote]

you have 6 subs.

jas :)

[quote user="ncfclad"]Now the rules have changed for next season - here is mine at the moment. Rudd Spillane Doherty Stefanovic Drury Gill Clingan Russell Hoolahan Martin MACDONALD!! Subs: Steer Otsemobor Adeyemi Smith CURETON Kelly[/quote]

[quote user="ncfclad"]woops. Add Pattison to that then. :)[/quote]

and Clingan wont be in that team come August... i dont think Fattison will either

jas :)

[quote user="ncfclad"]Now the rules have changed for next season - here is mine at the moment. Rudd Spillane Doherty Stefanovic Drury Gill Clingan Russell Hoolahan Martin Cureton Subs: Steer Otsemobor Adeyemi Smith McDonald Kelly[/quote]

Personally I would have McDonald over either of Martin or Cureton! and I dont want Russell playing right wing either, would rather have Smith there.

I''m hoping it will be... (Using players who could realistically be here next season as Clingan is almost out the door)

Rudd

Otsemobor, Spillane, Stefanovic, Drury

[New Signing / Korey], Gill, [New Signing / Russell], Huckerby

Hoolahan

Cody

I know everyone hates Otsemobor, but i would give him a couple of months in this league before i passed judgement, i think with his pace he could get up and down and the attackers in this league aren''t anywhere near as good as the Championship, so he might do well and add width.

I know Hucks won''t be available for a few months, so Hoolahan can play left mid until he returns, with either Martin or a new striker in his place. Hucks has said he will only be playing for one of two teams, so i think we should get him back.

Ideally subs would be...

Nelson, Doherty, [New Defender], Russell, Korey, Martin, Cureton

This isn''t exactly the team i want completely, but given financial restraints it might be that we can only get a couple of new midfielders in, maybe a defender and not much else. It should also be able to turn over most teams in League One.

Midfield is where we should look first for signings as i think defence and attack are our stronger areas, although obviously we need another defender in minimum, but we need to dominate games more in midfield. Lappin - average, Russell - average, Pattison - average. Russell being the stronger of the 3 and the only one who warrants being in the squad.

Spillane has to play centre back. Not right back. Centre back is his best position, we wasted Kenton, when he was here, playing him at right back, don''t want Spillane to be put somewhere just because he can play there, when he can become a better player and more useful to us in the centre of defence.