Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

Please, nobody get your hopes up over these new board members...

They will be small time.

"What they lack in finance, they make up for in passion." Etc...

Cullum had to come to them [D&M]. The Turners lasted about a year. Money = influence.

Mark my words, the new additions will be strictly small time, HRH will be in control for a long time yet.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

Cullum had to come to them [D&M]. The Turners lasted about a year. Money = influence.

Mark my words, the new additions will be strictly small time, HRH will be in control for a long time yet.

[/quote]

May I ask where you get your information from please?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

Cullum had to come to them [D&M]. The Turners lasted about a year. Money = influence. Mark my words, the new additions will be strictly small time, HRH will be in control for a long time yet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

its Norwich we all know it will happen [:D]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

History.

[quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

History.

[/quote]

So in other words it''s a wild speculative guess as best, thought as much. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

History.

[/quote]

So in other words it''s a wild speculative guess as best, thought as much. [:)]

[/quote]

Not a "wild guess" - just a considered assessment. D&M have not found investment in more than a decade and I don''t expect them to start now, in League One.

Their manner at the press conference - when money was mentioned they scoffed - suggests their isn''t much new cash on the way.

They talk was of cut-backs, in fact.

Whilst not expecting you to divulge any info way can us city fans expect exciting news in the near future re new directors or us this just a pipe dream?

I don''t expect them to have massive finances to be honest, however I do expect them to have some sort of financial and business pedigree a la Nigel Bertram or Alan Bowkett...

[quote user="Soldier on"]Whilst not expecting you to divulge any info way can us city fans expect exciting news in the near future re new directors or us this just a pipe dream?[/quote]

You have a PM.

[quote user="Soldier on"]Whilst not expecting you to divulge any info way can us city fans expect exciting news in the near future re new directors or us this just a pipe dream?[/quote]

The new Directors - are the Binner supporting ''twins'' from Norwich market.....

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]As usual, another City fan expecting the worst and bashing the club for something that''s not even happened.

[/quote]

Exactly, which is why I questioned the comments, we know there are new people coming onto the board, and no one, unless they are involved with the club or in close contact with someone on the board knows who these people are or what they may, or may not bring to the club.

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obvious that it was a guess, there''s no substance to it. Anyways, how about you spill the beans on all your inside information? [8-)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]As usual, another City fan expecting the worst and bashing the club for something that''s not even happened.

[/quote]

Exactly, which is why I questioned the comments, we know there are new people coming onto the board, and no one, unless they are involved with the club or in close contact with someone on the board knows who these people are or what they may, or may not bring to the club.

[/quote]

Head. in. the. clouds.

I will remind you of this when the new members are unveiled.

[quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Head. in. the. clouds.

I will remind you of this when the new members are unveiled.

[/quote]

Hardly head in the clouds, I asked a perfectly good question.  Remind me all you like, I don''t mind [:)]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obvious that it was a guess, there''s no substance to it. Anyways, how about you spill the beans on all your inside information? [8-)]

[/quote]

What and risk a 25+ year friendship, not gonna happen, sorry. 

.Since Big Dog has raised the question of the new directors, some very

general thoughts on how to assess what it all means when they are

announced.1. If they are only (as is probable) minority

investors some fans will (illogically) pounce on that to claim it

proves Smith and Jones do not intend to sell. But attracting minority

investment does not run counter to the aim of majority investment. And

if the club cannot get the latter (for now) then the former will do.2.

The norm is have an odd (no jokes, please) number of directors. We had

five. If the new arrivals take the total to an even number (three

making six) that might be a sign that McNally (who was a director at

Fulham) will be joining the board pretty soon as well. In addition, the

greater the number of newcomers, the likelier the chances of a change

of direction.3. We have no chairman. If one of the current gang

of three gets the gig that might also suggest continuity. A newcomer

might indicate change.

4. Will one be a director of football? That WOULD be interesting, given

the question mark over Gunn''s suitability. Rioch springs to mind.

5. From where and from what background? The Norfolk-only condition for

a buyer was dropped months ago, but a guess would be that at least one

will be from the local business community. And if they all are, again,

that would not suggest radical change. But if there is a City

heavy-hitter in there that would be significant.

6. Back to investment. Assuming there is some. Is it a one-off gift or

will there be a promise of continued investment? The latter is

preferable. Will the investment be enough to tide the club over for,

say, a couple of years until the economic climate improves? Despite

what some fans think, there are not queues of potential buyers out

there at the moment. The last time I looked Southampton was still

unbought.

7. Will there be among the newcomers a potential owner? The key

criterion is the ability to keep smiling while pouring millions of

pounds down a drain. Will one of the intake look just stupid enough for

that?!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

You have a PM.

[/quote]

Would you like to share?

"7. Will there be among the newcomers a potential owner? The key criterion is the ability to keep smiling while pouring millions of pounds down a drain. Will one of the intake look just stupid enough for that?!"

No. Don''t have an inside info, just a funny feeling D&M will remain in charge...

I''m glad they''ve got over the pain of relegation though, and had a chat with Tom by the river about what to do. FFS.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

"7. Will there be among the newcomers a potential owner? The key criterion is the ability to keep smiling while pouring millions of pounds down a drain. Will one of the intake look just stupid enough for that?!"

No. Don''t have an inside info, just a funny feeling D&M will remain in charge...

[/quote]Big Dog, to be clear. I''m talking about in the longer run, not in the near future.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

Well wiz knows and you appear to be PM''ing it about the place, why worry about a 25 year friendship when you can have your two minutes of fame on the pinkun MB?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll try again - Why worry about a 25 year friendship when you can have your two minutes of fame on the pinkun MB?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ll try again - Why worry about a 25 year friendship when you can have your two minutes of fame on the pinkun MB?

[/quote]

''Oh! Oh! Suit you Sir!''....."Dying to know a little secret Sir?...Tearing you apart is it Sir?...Dress to the left or right Sir?...Bit o'' patience goes a long way Sir....Your moustache tickle the ladies fancy Sir? Oh! Oh! Suit you Sir!"

[quote user="Soldier on"]Is this the case wizard?[/quote]

I''d be wary of HER nephew, just a whisper doing the rounds, plus Munby and Doncaster![:S]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

''Oh! Oh! Suit you Sir!''....."Dying to know a little secret Sir?...Tearing you apart is it Sir?...Dress to the left or right Sir?...Bit o'' patience goes a long way Sir....Your moustache tickle the ladies fancy Sir? Oh! Oh! Suit you Sir!"

[/quote]

Oh, you''re so funny, you really should be on the stage. I would buy a ticket, honestly.

[/quote]

Last week some were bashing the club for players they havn''t even signed.

It''s just getting totally out of hand.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Big Dog "]

They will be small time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, you''re so funny, you really should be on the stage. I would buy a ticket, honestly.

[/quote]

"Bargain Buckets!....I''ve got a Fan!"

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Anyways, how about you spill the beans on all your inside information? [8-)]

[/quote]Still eating you up Delia S. Tickers, where''s your dignity man?

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Anyways, how about you spill the beans on all your inside information? [8-)]

[/quote]

Still eating you up Delia S. Tickers, where''s your dignity man?
[/quote]

I really don''t want to know, just fed up with her and wiz playing their stupid, childish little game. I have done it myself, several years ago in an industry far bigger than football and where there was a lot more at stake than friendships. I nearly got in (and my source) a lot of trouble so perhaps you can see why I take a dim view of mature people playing these type of games.