Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now Laugh at me!

Todays Pink Un McNally Article:

Quote:

And he admitted the thought of administration could never be far from City minds in the current climate.

“I think any business that has its finances severely affected in the way that ours has, has to be mindful of administration and serious business issues,” he said.

“I am assured enough to know we are strong enough to face the next few years together. That''s good enough for me. But it would be wrong for us to disregard such important considerations.

“Any prudent business needs to face up to some of the risks that business face. We''re no different in that regard.”

Still think I''m a scare monger LQ?

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED13%20Jun%202009%2009%3A54%3A20%3A720

[quote user="DGC"]the words straws, clutching, and, at, spring to mind.
[/quote]

It proves you haven''t the grace to admit you''re wrong.

Wiz, let me try to get this straight. You said last month:"I

have just been told that administration is to be announced very soon,

and of course, a 10 point deduction with it."The new chief executive is saying one always has to be wary of administration but things look OK for years ahead.How exactly is that backing up your already overdue prediction?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Wiz, let me try to get this straight. You said last month:

"I have just been told that administration is to be announced very soon, and of course, a 10 point deduction with it."

The new chief executive is saying one always has to be wary of administration but things look OK for years ahead.

How exactly is that backing up your already overdue prediction?[/quote]

Simply Purple, the fans are being softened up for the news first, hence a hated CHQ removel ........oh, and I gave a two month date, so shoot me down over 4 weeks.

Hey, I agreed with you! Not sure about the timescale but that I believe there is something fishy going on that could well involve administration soon. I am just very relieved that Doomy is out of the picture when and if it happens, we have somebody very capable to manage the situation. He makes Doomy look like a complete amateur. Especially Doomy denied that adminstration was likely or even possible, just spin spin spin instead of dealing with the realities and making the hard decisions. Now we are getting to the truth of the matter and at last some leadership and someone to take charge of the situation.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Wiz, let me try to get this straight. You said last month:"I have just been told that administration is to be announced very soon, and of course, a 10 point deduction with it."The new chief executive is saying one always has to be wary of administration but things look OK for years ahead.How exactly is that backing up your already overdue prediction?[/quote]

Simply Purple, the fans are being softened up for the news first, hence a hated CHQ removel ........oh, and I gave a two month date, so shoot me down over 4 weeks.

[/quote]Read the bit in black you senile fool.  Also, if we were nearing  Admin do you really think we would be signing people, such as the Chief Executive, who is probably on a fair wage, only to declare the club financially crippled a few weeks later.  Please go away you irritating idiot.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Wiz, let me try to get this straight. You said last month:"I have just been told that administration is to be announced very soon, and of course, a 10 point deduction with it."The new chief executive is saying one always has to be wary of administration but things look OK for years ahead.How exactly is that backing up your already overdue prediction?[/quote]

[/quote]Wiz, you said "very soon". When someone actually decided to pin you down you came up with the two months date. Probably hoping no one would remember that far ahead. No matter. Thanks for the invitation. I will indeed remind you of this in a month''s time!

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Wiz, let me try to get this straight. You said last month:

"I have just been told that administration is to be announced very soon, and of course, a 10 point deduction with it."

The new chief executive is saying one always has to be wary of administration but things look OK for years ahead.

[/quote]

Read the bit in black you senile fool.  Also, if we were nearing  Admin do you really think we would be signing people, such as the Chief Executive, who is probably on a fair wage, only to declare the club financially crippled a few weeks later. 

Please go away you irritating idiot.
[/quote]

Please read this you idiotic fool:

And he admitted the thought of administration could never be far from City minds in the current climate.

“I think any business that has its finances severely affected in the way that ours has, has to be mindful of administration and serious business issues,” he said.

“I am assured enough to know we are strong enough to face the next few years together. That''s good enough for me. But it would be wrong for us to disregard such important considerations.

“Any prudent business needs to face up to some of the risks that business face. We''re no different in that regard.”

But it wasn''t a prepared statement and he didn''t just come out with details on administartion -  the article is made from selected quotes from answers to journos'' questions. He was asked if the club was about to go into admin and basically said that things are fine but we can''t ignore the state of the finances.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dave"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Read the bit in black you senile fool.  Also, if we were nearing  Admin do you really think we would be signing people, such as the Chief Executive, who is probably on a fair wage, only to declare the club financially crippled a few weeks later.  Please go away you irritating idiot.[/quote]

And he admitted the thought of administration could never be far from City minds in the current climate. “I think any business that has its finances severely affected in the way that ours has, has to be mindful of administration and serious business issues,” he said. “I am assured enough to know we are strong enough to face the next few years together. That''s good enough for me. But it would be wrong for us to disregard such important considerations. “Any prudent business needs to face up to some of the risks that business face. We''re no different in that regard.”

[/quote]Once again read the part in bold.  Completely destroys your pathetic conspiracy theory.Not, days or weeks or months.  If it will happen, the guy that knows about it a lot more than you, thinks we are safe for years.Christ.

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Dave"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Read the bit in black you senile fool.  Also, if we were nearing  Admin do you really think we would be signing people, such as the Chief Executive, who is probably on a fair wage, only to declare the club financially crippled a few weeks later. 

Please go away you irritating idiot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again read the part in bold.  Completely destroys your pathetic conspiracy theory.

Not, days or weeks or months.  If it will happen, the guy that knows about it a lot more than you, thinks we are safe for years.

Christ.
[/quote]

Boy are you in for a shock.

Cams saying big redundancies over the next two weeks.

[/quote]Good try, Wiz (well, not really, in truth) but everyone knows there are likely to be redundancies. We just got relegated. But some redundancies do not equal administration. On that basis Archant would be on the verge of administration.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Good try, Wiz (well, not really, in truth) but everyone knows there are likely to be redundancies. We just got relegated. But some redundancies do not equal administration. On that basis Archant would be on the verge of administration.

[/quote]

Not forgetting Newcastle PC....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Good try, Wiz (well, not really, in truth) but everyone knows there are likely to be redundancies. We just got relegated. But some redundancies do not equal administration. On that basis Archant would be on the verge of administration.

[/quote]Its symptomatic, is that the word Purple? and do you post under Purple on the Offy by the way?

Wiz you did infact say we would be in administration by July 1st.That''s a nice piece of spin your putting on his statement when that bit you have picked up on is true for the majority of championship and lower league clubs.

[quote user="IncH HigH"]Wiz you did infact say we would be in administration by July 1st.

That''s a nice piece of spin your putting on his statement when that bit you have picked up on is true for the majority of championship and lower league clubs.
[/quote]

And the last time I looked mate, it said today was June the 13th.[:|]

17 days to admin then. In Wiz world of course.

The clock is ticking

tick - tock

tick - tock

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Good try, Wiz (well, not really, in truth) but everyone knows there are likely to be redundancies. We just got relegated. But some redundancies do not equal administration. On that basis Archant would be on the verge of administration.

[/quote]Its symptomatic, is that the word Purple? and do you post under Purple on the Offy by the way?[/quote]It CAN be symptomatic but it doesn''t have to be and usually isn''t. Redundancies are a way of cutting costs precisely to avoid the danger of administration. We are in a global crisis; many companies have gone bust but many others are surviving with a slimmed-down staff (greetings, Pete!).As other posters have said, it is highly, highly, highly unlikely that this heavy-hitter would have taken the job at Carrow Road if he had the slightest fear that administration was on the cards. It makes no sense at all.I do, from time to time, post on the official site, under the same name. I believe in spreading my sagacity and wit around for the betterment of mankind (that''s irony, in case anyone was tempted to think me an egomaniac).

[quote user="DGC"]the words straws, clutching, and, at, spring to mind.
[/quote]

It proves you haven''t the grace to admit you''re wrong.

[/quote]

Wizard, have you been listening to Gracie Fields again. That will get you pining and all nostalgic to excess. You really must get on board and be a cheerleader for the new programme. It will guarantee you at least a thousand additional hits per post. There....that should persuade you!

Perhaps the new Chief Exec has been brought in to help them manage the process of administration....

Quote:

And he admitted the thought of administration could never be far from City minds in the current climate. “I think any business that has its finances severely affected in the way that ours has, has to be mindful of administration and serious business issues,” he said. “I am assured enough to know we are strong enough to face the next few years together. That''s good enough for me. But it would be wrong for us to disregard such important considerations. “Any prudent business needs to face up to some of the risks that business face. We''re no different in that regard.”

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED13%20Jun%202009%2009%3A54%3A20%3A720

[/quote]

Flipping hell you would have to blind to not think administration was knocking on our door, with continued bad decisions and money flouting down the drain, your absolutely right! i think wizard people are having a pop cause it''s you!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Quote:

[/quote]

Flipping hell you would have to blind to not think administration was knocking on our door, with continued bad decisions and money flouting down the drain, your absolutely right! i think wizard people are having a pop cause it''s you!
[/quote]

That''s not what our new CE said, but then perhaps you can''t read either?

Quote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

What???? Sometimes I think you are as dumb as your avatar.

IMO having a new CE is nothing to do with going into administration or not.  How read the whole situation is,  the club was pushing the ''increase the revenue'' mantra on TV.  The CE was pushing the ''must get out of the league mantra''.Let me break it down,  whose job is it to get us out of League 1?  Bryan Gunn & Cowhose job is it to run the bloody club?  CE basicallytherefore Delia and the board''s mantra of ''upping the revenue'' is the most relevant one,  so in theory we could be a gnat''s goolie away from administration.

Quote:

[/quote]

Flipping hell you would have to blind to not think administration was knocking on our door, with continued bad decisions and money flouting down the drain, your absolutely right! i think wizard people are having a pop cause it''s you![/quote]Your, you''re, there, their, they''re - all different, with different meanings

Manage the situation? If we did go into administration (which I do not believe we will any day soon), the only person managing the situation will be the administrator.