Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Enjoy the Ride

Ok so I haven''t posted for a while but I just thought I would ask this question to see if I am alone in the way I feel.

I really enjoyed last season, in fact I have enjoyed most of the seasons we spent in whatever you want to call the division below this one (apart from when we had to put up with Brian Hamilton of course) but I have found the season so far disheartening to say the least.

OK we have given a "good account" of ourselves on a number of occasions but we have not on one singel occasion so far this season looked like winning a game and frankly it makes me miserable.

OK I would admit for the most part I am happy with our squad with the huge exception being that I think we should have sold our collective grandmother to ensure we had a premiership goalscorer. (this may be forthcoming in the transfer window, I only hope it isnt all too little too late by then)

Anyway the question is this, do you really think that this is fun ?

Would you honestly prefer a whole season of this compared to last season ? or indeed the ultimately fruitless play off season ?

Maybe we should start praying now !

Yeh it''s a case of :-

To be, or not to be ? That is the question, whether tis better to be atop in ye fizzy league land,

Or suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune in the depths of ye Premier so grand.

I''ll be honest and say that I really enjoyed last season (who didn''t?), and that I do have moments of feeling a bit down this season...but more about the cynical stuff that surrounds the Premiership rather than the team''s performance. 

I only have to look at the fixture list to feel excited about the coming months and the opportunity to pit ourselves against the best other nineteen teams in this country.  I shall remain hopeful until it''s mathematically impossible to stay up, and, if the worst does happen, then I am convinced that we have moved on from last season, and that progress, however quickly it is made, is what it''s all about. 

If we can hang on to most of the players we have now, barring those who we realistically will lose, then we could be in for an exciting time next season, whichever division we are in.  (I would like to think that we would hang onto Hucks whatever, but we can''t be sure of that I suppose.) 

When I get one of those odd negative thoughts I just remember the dark days of years in the recent past and remember just how very far we have come.  Our club is one to be proud of NOW regardless of where we are come May.

I think this is a very valid point Mr Keelan, I''m never happier than when my team wins & as miserable as sin when we lose. Last season is one of the most memorable for all sorts of reasons & even though we are a better team this season & we have a stronger squad nothing beats winning.

Not having won yet this season even though the games have been good leaves you with a sense of emptiness. I just hope we can keep the players weve got add 1 or 2 & come out fighting for the rest of season & next in whatever league we are in.