Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Best ever City player...

Fotherigas...

Nah errrm, toughie really, i suppose the obvious choice is Peters (world cup winner etc) but I did love watching Hucks.

In my time (going to FCR since 1985/6)..... Keeper - Green, Defender - Bruce, Midfielder - Ian Crook, Striker - Sutton

My favourite however - Hucks!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

In my time (going to FCR since 1985/6)..... Keeper - Green, Defender - Bruce, Midfielder - Ian Crook, Striker - Sutton

My favourite however - Hucks!

[/quote]

I remember seeing Bruce at CR in the mid ''80s and thought that he was dreadful. He was forever going for headers to clear the ball but inadvertantly heading the ball half way between him and the keeper. Consequently, the opposition forward would then have a race on to beat the goalie to the ball. Butters & Linegan made far better defenders.

Best player? ERr, I don''t know, none were really THAT good, I mean, I don''t think that we''ve ever had 1 England 1st team regular, have we?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ramon De Waard [Y]
[/quote]

It''s Raymond De Waard. Come on, at least show the legend some respect by getting his name right [:P]

Firstly i would ask two questions, is this best in life time, or best on what i have heard/seen of older players, and two, best player while at city or best player who played at city?

Going on my life time i would say Huckerby, not sure who would have been best ever, a lot of people say Martin Peters don''t they

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Ramon De Waard [Y][/quote]

It''s Raymond De Waard. Come on, at least show the legend some respect by getting his name right [:P]

[/quote]Sorry GH. [:$] I actually think Huckleberry is the greatest. [;)]

darren eadie - he was too good for championship defenders and they kicked him out of the game. was gonna be in hoddles world cup squad until one particular injury. and he played his best football here......unlike the admittedly godlike martin peters. did anyone else attend the martin peters soccer schools , early 80''s? One afternoon - beautiful weather - he made us all stay indoors and B and W video of 66 cup final. No talking or anything. fair play - would be the same if i won the world cup.