Sign in to follow this  
|BA

Five year plan

Very lefty but its exactly what we need- patience is a virtueAnyone disagree?

Our last 5 year plan see us one chief executive short of a football team, countless managers, countless players and loanees and a trip to League 1.

Where will our next 5 year plan lead us?

[quote user="BA"]Very lefty but its exactly what we need- patience is a virtueAnyone disagree?[/quote]Getting rid of Delia should the main priority in the 5 year plan ...

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

Our last 5 year plan see us one chief executive short of a football team, countless managers, countless players and loanees and a trip to League 1.

[/quote]same thing just trip to the blue sqaure premier

very lefty?!?! lol there should be no five year plan it should be a one year plan ending in promotion

All we need now is a ruthless manager (Sorry Gunny, you''re too nice) to make sure we win every game
And a secret force to keep the board and players in order...

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

worthy hada  5 year plan, we were prem at the end ofthat!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="refjezhitchin"]

[/quote]

worthy hada  5 year plan, we were prem at the end ofthat!

[/quote]

And just remind me where we are now?

What five year plan are you proposing IBA?Year 1 consolidation in league 1year 2  strengtheningyear 3  push for playoffsyear 4 promotionyear 5 consolidation in championship(New 5 year plan)year 1 strengtheningyear 2 push for playoffsyear 3 promotion????????????If all goes to plan we could be back in the Prem in 8 years this way. Sorry call me old fashioned but ''x'' year plans are just a way of disguising failure and buying time in my language, by the time the plan has failed to come to fruition the people responsible have done their job and been paid (ultimately for failure) for a number of years. Politics are a prime example of this mentality, checkout the Labour election manifestos, cross reference to what has been accomplished as opposed to what was promised then look at how well the Government MP''s have done in between making those promises and being exposed in their failures.

I don''t believe for one minute that you are serious.How about a 2 year plan, year 1 promotion from league 1, year 2 promotion from championship. There I shaved 3 years off already.

no.. we need a 1 year plan, simple as!

look at Leicester city.. they went up first time of asking.. getting stuck at this level for 5 years and we may never recover! Ask Leeds fans what staying at that level for any length of time can do to you.

the sooner we bounce back up the better. we need to build from the bottom over the summer and get the right mix of kids and experiance to prepare for the championship.. once we go back up then lets have that 5 year plan.. but now its all hands to the pump!

jas :)

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]I don''t believe for one minute that you are serious.How about a 2 year plan, year 1 promotion from league 1, year 2 promotion from championship. There I shaved 3 years off already.[/quote]I hereby revoke my contempt of ''x'' year plans with their inbuilt failure contingencies and am now fully behind the 2 year plan Inch High has suggested.

Sorry buckethead my reply was to the original poster not your reply.[:$] I kept getting the non matching quotes thing so just stuck my reply to the OP on it''s own.

Unbelievable. I''ve tried to find a middle ground with you recently IBA and than you come up with this! How long are you going to give this lot? Jeez we are now playing 3rd tier football and you come out with such ideas as ''5 year plans''? Utter nonsense and the sooner you get with whats happening to our club the better place we will be in. All fans need to start realizing the mistakes made and stop giving this Board excuses and time.

I''m usually someone that agree''s with things like this but i''m going to respectfully disagree, we need to get out of league 1 ASAP.

very lefty???? lol just as righty as it is lefty mate, just depends what you''re doing obviously..... suppose could be lefty in that its actually having some sort of plan at all [:P]

whittle!! you are a joke mate, a complete joke!!! getting rid of the board would do what exactly??? they''ve just got a new chief exec in, new directors are on the way, thats just the shake the club needs, to get rid of the board for one can''t be done and for two would be completely pointless other than two satisfy idiots like you! you''re being totally naive if you think the grass is greener, fact is we''re strapped for cash and the board is doing their best, fact is every manager we''ve had recently has praised the board for the funds they''ve made available for them, not complained about it.literally one important mistake has been made by the board in recent times: appointing peter grant. he was that bad.

[quote user="El capitano"]whittle!! you are a joke mate, a complete joke!!! getting rid of the board would do what exactly??? they''ve just got a new chief exec in, new directors are on the way, thats just the shake the club needs, to get rid of the board for one can''t be done and for two would be completely pointless other than two satisfy idiots like you! you''re being totally naive if you think the grass is greener, fact is we''re strapped for cash and the board is doing their best, fact is every manager we''ve had recently has praised the board for the funds they''ve made available for them, not complained about it.

literally one important mistake has been made by the board in recent times: appointing peter grant. he was that bad.
[/quote]

Firstly I''ll ask you politely to not use abusive language towards me, have i called you any names of late?

Secondly this current Board has had 13 years to get things right and we are now currently in our worse position for half a century and you honestly believe they''ve only made one mistake....LOL I could list you dozens but I''ll let you work them out mate.

We can''t have a five year plan anyway because we are already in year two of the last three year plan so even a one or two year plan is technically going to be a three or four year plan and starting a five year plan now would make it up to a seven year plan in truth or a six year plan in the very least if we ignore the closed season.Aide memoire

actually i''d prefer the list of ''dozens'' to be honest, i''d be interested.ah yes, winging back 13 years to when delia saved this club from going under, those were the days...to be honest you talk of the board ''getting things right'' and I haven''t get a clue what you mean, do you mean sitting happily in mid table in the premier league? cos i''ve no reason to think that should be the natural order of things at all if thats what you''re implying. fact is this club should be a yoyo club, some years in the prem, some years out, but nonetheless competing, a current west brom or someone like that. now we were there a few years ago, (presumably you praised the board as much for the clubs success as you knock them for the clubs failings?) and unfortunately we screwed up. just. was always going to be close and thats the way it goes. but to appoint a rookie manager to get us back up into the prem, and to back him as well, alot, theres a massive failing that you can definitely point to. there could have been others, like getting rid of worthy immediately when we went down, but who can know that sort of one for sure, the grant one is the only one in my book that you can call a certain mistake. he and then roeder screwed us up in my book, nothing to do with the board other than they haven''t got that much money, which isnt really their fault

[quote user="El capitano"]nothing to do with the board other than they haven''t got that much money, which isnt really their fault[/quote]I don''t blame them for not having ''that much money'' but I do blame them for taking the vast profits generated on the pitch in recent years and using them elsewhere. Maybe knowing they didn''t have that much money they should have left the profits generated by the team with the team and not bothered speculating in the property market, just a thought?

[quote user="Buckethead"]We can''t have a five year plan anyway because we are already in year two of the last three year plan so even a one or two year plan is technically going to be a three or four year plan and starting a five year plan now would make it up to a seven year plan in truth or a six year plan in the very least if we ignore the closed season.

Aide memoire
[/quote]

Ah, so Mucushole Furryarso used to be ''Bunny''..... Wonder why the name change?

Ironic that you use a capital letter for your name and then give up from thereon in. Oh BTW what has Roeder being appointed to do with being short of cash?

After the ''Delia saved the club'' nonsense, i actually agreed with you until the money excuse.

The club has lacked leadership from the top and had a poor CEO for a very long time. Hopefully the new man will bring some real business acumen and professionalism to the top.

OTBC