Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

who is getting a beating by this storm???

Yep, it can Pete. Don''t worry though you''ll be taking the bullet for so many others...It can also travel down phone lines and will jump from the box to the handset if you''ve got a walkie round phone (who hasn''t?) And I expect the same goes for laptops and wifi boxes.Best thing to do is hide under the stairs and pray.[:P]

[quote user="LQ"]Yep, it can Pete. Don''t worry though you''ll be taking the bullet for so many others...

It can also travel down phone lines and will jump from the box to the handset if you''ve got a walkie round phone (who hasn''t?) And I expect the same goes for laptops and wifi boxes.

Best thing to do is hide under the stairs and pray.

[:P]

[/quote]

so not a good idea standing in the garden on my hand held phone under a metal umbrella?? lol

Sure can Pete, i had it happen to me a few years back. It got my TV and my brand new stereo in the same storm.

Very black over Yarmouth, but the rain is holding off for now.

Lucky then that my Sky dish is below my lounge window. Perhaps a plugged-in laptop resting on my lap is not the best idea...

[quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="LQ"]Yep, it can Pete. Don''t worry though you''ll be taking the bullet for so many others...It can also travel down phone lines and will jump from the box to the handset if you''ve got a walkie round phone (who hasn''t?) And I expect the same goes for laptops and wifi boxes.Best thing to do is hide under the stairs and pray.[:P]

[/quote]

so not a good idea standing in the garden on my hand held phone under a metal umbrella?? lol

[/quote]Blimey. Last season really did depress you [;)]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="glove1"]

[quote user="LQ"]Yep, it can Pete. Don''t worry though you''ll be taking the bullet for so many others...

It can also travel down phone lines and will jump from the box to the handset if you''ve got a walkie round phone (who hasn''t?) And I expect the same goes for laptops and wifi boxes.

Best thing to do is hide under the stairs and pray.

[:P]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Blimey. Last season really did depress you [;)]

[/quote]

yep... the weather really does sum up our season.... DAMP AND WET!!!!!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Lucky then that my Sky dish is below my lounge window. Perhaps a plugged-in laptop resting on my lap is not the best idea...[/quote]Only one way to find out, I suppose [:P]

I''ve just been owned by the rain. Cycled back through it to Old Costessey from the city and ended up swimming my way home. My mobile has given up the ghost too. All I need now is for the cricket to be rained off to really make my evening.

ive just been football with mates in the thick of the storm in bradwell, near yarmouth. not as bad as the hurricain i was stuck in, in america a few years back tho!Stick out tongue [:P]

[quote user="glove1"]i am in norwich and its raining but not hailing......... i hear watton and west norfolk has been hit badly.....anyone out that way??[/quote]

Hit badly here in Scarning, nr Dereham, hail and rain solidly for about 4 hours, only just stopped, my garden is waterlogged.  Had a message on my wall on facebook to say that the A14 had cars with cracked windscreens on, flooded vehicles etc.

Bloody well didn''t forecast stroms that bad, eejits lol

Hope all are safe and well.

Lightening,Thunder and heavy rain here on the North Norfolk coast for the past 2 hours but easing off now a little bit