Sign in to follow this  
yellowarmy

Liam Dickinson

I was going to post about this. I think he would be a great signing, and I could see him being a great partner for Grant Holt, if we were to get him. At £200k, I think that is a bargain.

Be a good signing but we won''t sign Simpson and Dickinson, both of which would be class signings.  Thing is Charlton, due to their geographical position would probably be a better choice for him, both would probably offer similar money and both have similar situations.

[quote user="Dave"]Be a good signing but we won''t sign Simpson and Dickinson, both of which would be class signings.  Thing is Charlton, due to their geographical position would probably be a better choice for him, both would probably offer similar money and both have similar situations.[/quote]Why wouldn''t we sign both?

[quote user="Dave"]Be a good signing but we won''t sign Simpson and Dickinson, both of which would be class signings. 

Thing is Charlton, due to their geographical position would probably be a better choice for him, both would probably offer similar money and both have similar situations.
[/quote]

You never know mate, we could sign Simpson as a right winger (where hes played mostly for Coventry) and Dickinson as a striker.

I wonder why Derby paid £750,000 for him and he has still to make their first team? Went out on loan almost at once and even when Derby were short on strikers he has never given a chance.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]I was going to post about this. I think he would be a great signing, and I could see him being a great partner for Grant Holt, if we were to get him. At £200k, I think that is a bargain.[/quote]

macdonald?

He has scored goals in the past but achieved nothing at Derby and when he finally went on loan to Leeds (after an injury) he did little there. He clearly has something but i''m not that desperate to get him, if we are looking for that tall target man striker then someone like Berat Sadik would be ideal his german team just got relegated so maybe chance of getting him to english league. At only 22, 1.9m and finish U21 i reckon he could do a great job at this level.

I''d rather have both. A quality strike force will get you out of the lower leagues, you can''t have too many options.

Finance is the main concern there, JTG. I''d love to have both but Dickinson would cost, whereas it''s been reported that we''re getting Simpson + £1m for Clingan - would be the financially sensible option IMO.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Finance is the main concern there, JTG. I''d love to have both but Dickinson would cost, whereas it''s been reported that we''re getting Simpson + £1m for Clingan - would be the financially sensible option IMO.[/quote]£1m of which £200k could be used to bring Dickinson in and rest towards strengthening our full back, centre back and right wing positions.

we have been linked with several decent players

i do like the idea of simpson with dickinson , and coddy i think this could be the start of something fairly promising if it came off.

Was in the Daily Mirror today so must be coming to us as they always print the truth [:)][:)]