Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

David McNally & Bryan Gunn

I''m hoping that McNally''s appointment as CE and him being someone with no ties to the club means that he will have an outsiders view on Bryan Gunn. I hope it means that Gunn will have to get results straight away or face the sack. Lets hope McNally doesn''t mess around if things don''t go to plan. If we are in a poor position in October then getting rid of Gunn will be the best thing to do.

I fear that because Delia, Michael & Gunn have a friendship, it affects the football club. If Gunn under-performs, I fear that they will just put up with it.

If I was McNally, I''d get rid of Gunn now.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Isn''t it the boards choice on sacking a manager. Surely the CE doesn''t have the power to sack a manager.[/quote]

He has a say, at least. Doncaster, Munby etc were all mates with Gunn so there was no chance of them getting a new manager. At least now we have someone with an outsiders view and no ties to the club or loyalty towards Bryan Gunn.

lets gid rid of a manager we have just given the job

why shouldnt gunn be given a fair chance ?  considering it was roeders team and loan players that got us into the dire to start with .

9 days with the transfew window open and no player budget as roeder wasted it  hardly gunns fault .

give the man a chance im happier with the players gunn is targeting and has brought in .

the damage to this team was done long before gunn took over , im not saying gunn has not made any mistakes because he has but i think the man deserves a chance as roeder and grant walked off from the mess they left here  , gunn took all the flack  for that i would think he deseves a chance .

if gunn now was sacked how crazy would that look ?

[quote user="singing canary"]

why shouldnt gunn be given a fair chance ?  considering it was roeders team and loan players that got us into the dire to start with .

9 days with the transfew window open and no player budget as roeder wasted it  hardly gunns fault .

give the man a chance im happier with the players gunn is targeting and has brought in .

the damage to this team was done long before gunn took over , im not saying gunn has not made any mistakes because he has but i think the man deserves a chance as roeder and grant walked off from the mess they left here  , gunn took all the flack  for that i would think he deseves a chance .

[/quote]

A fair chance? 19 games of failure is more than fair enough I say.

[/quote]

Wasn''t Gunn Head of Player Recruitment though? Or was that another title the club just invented for Gunn.

should at least give him 10 games and support .

mcnally could give secont opinion on players we could get and may have valuable connections as well .

gunn brought back shacks signed mcdonald  and brought in a couple of strikers who could score goals unfortunately all a bit too late .

i would love gunn to do well and silence the critics, hopefully that will be the case .

if im wrong im wrong , yet i will wait to see what gunns team is like before i pass any form of judgement i dont feel it was fair to judge when we had half a team of loan players brought in by another manager and some players as ive said before who could not wait to get out the door quick enough .

i hope you do well gunny dont let us down .

More to the point where are we going to get somebody better?

Same old story ..... get in a proven, experienced manager! The only one we might get would be a ''has been''.

Where and who do you think would be mad enough to take on this club at the moment? No cash, a very poor squad of players (even for League 1), the few good players we have will almost certainly be gone before the season starts, no proven youth players with any experience of even Reserve team football and a very disgruntled supporter base.

What idiot would want to come to this club? Any manager with any proven ability wouldn''t touch us with a barge pole!Perhaps Gunny is not the best the club could have at the moment but all the arguements seem to be ''get a proven manager in''. That is the magic word .... proven. What ''proven'' manager would come anywhere near Norwich at the moment and risk a few years work going tits up because he did not produce the goods. As I said ... he would be on a hiding to nothing.

Yes he was Head of Recruitment but by the time he was appointed all the best buys had gone. He was left with the bargain basement buys, the ones that had been left on the shelf.

it was roeders decision at the end of the day .

you only have to look at the situation with shacks being sold and gunn bringing back on loan to see that .

as well as alan gow was going to sign for us he never did under roeder , then gunn brought him in .

I''ve never said ''get an experienced manager''. But, has Gunn even bothered to do his coaching badges?

Look at Mackay, about to be appointed Watford manager, he''s done a few years as coach, got his badges, but Gunn just rolls up (literally) and takes the job without actually doing that well in it over the last 19 games. I would happily bet anyone 100 quid that Bryan Gunn will not be Norwich manager this time next year....

it was roeders decision at the end of the day .

you only have to look at the situation with shacks being sold and gunn bringing back on loan to see that .

as well as alan gow was going to sign for us he never did under roeder , then gunn brought him in .

[/quote]

And how many goals did the great Gow get, thats right, none!

Perhaps the same can be said of Malky ... who knows? Where will he be in a year''s time? Perhaps here! Perhaps unemployed. There is still one hell of a difference between a manager and a coach ...Brian Kidd, Tony Adams, Steve McLaren ..... all good coaches but .........

Coaching badges are not every thing ... and didn''t Paul Ince get his appointments without his badges?

im fairly sure crook has though .

other players out of that time have proven themselves as managers bruce etc.

im quietly confident he will do well yet i would not be prepaired to bet untill i see the team line up as we have no squad as yet!! .

i may take you up on your bet but i will see what players go out and come in first .

im happy with gill i think he will be a good engine in midfield .

and do you think we had players who were in the team long enough to get used to how each other played ? i didnt think so .

alan lee scored though so did mooney .

cant say much for korma what ever his name was roeder brought in .

i still think gow was not a bad player .

and we would have been dead and burried long before if shack was not back here on loan .

red cards and penalites nearly every week under roeder .

too many mistakes by roeder left this team with holes everywhere it would be a big ask of anyone to quick fix that without any money at all (apart from 25 grand on a striker who scores on his debut !)

Gunn had nineteen games when he proved he wasn''t up to it. I wonder if the winds of change could already be blowing down Carrow Road Gunn said we need to consolidate in this league McNally has already said that we need to get promotion at the earliest opportunity and not consolidate in this league heres hoping.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Gunn had nineteen games when he proved he wasn''t up to it. I wonder if the winds of change could already be blowing down Carrow Road Gunn said we need to consolidate in this league McNally has already said that we need to get promotion at the earliest opportunity and not consolidate in this league heres hoping.[/quote]

I''m in agreement with you. Gunn lacks ambition. Can you honestly see Gunn getting us promoted from League One, then making strides for promotion to the Prem? He hasn''t got what it takes.

If he does end up getting the boot, I hope he leaves the club for good and stops sponging off us like he''s done since he retired.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

I''m hoping that McNally''s appointment as CE and him being someone with no ties to the club means that he will have an outsiders view on Bryan Gunn. I hope it means that Gunn will have to get results straight away or face the sack. Lets hope McNally doesn''t mess around if things don''t go to plan. If we are in a poor position in October then getting rid of Gunn will be the best thing to do.

I fear that because Delia, Michael & Gunn have a friendship, it affects the football club. If Gunn under-performs, I fear that they will just put up with it.

If I was McNally, I''d get rid of Gunn now.

[/quote]If I was McNally I wouldn''t get rid of Gunn now for several reasons:1) Because it isn''t my decision alone and I would need to convince the people that just appointed him that he wasn''t up to the job.2) Because I wouldn''t make snap decisions on a manager and still have the same record that I have (as McNally).3) Because I would take into consideration who to replace him with - I''d basically have a replacement lined up. All in all I expect Gunn''s (and any managers) performance will be closely watched as will the potential replacements availability and the costs involved in sweitching.  I hope the choice of when to switch managers is better handled than the last 3 have been, as well as the apointments.

I agree mate, i also don''t think it''d be good for the club to switch now with pre-season so near, if we were going to change it had to be done as soon as the season ended.

I hope Gunn will do a job for us and how some fans want him to fail is beyond me as Gunn failing would mean staying in League 1 for the 10/11 season and i''m sure nobody wants that.

I''m not saying people have to agree with Gunn being manager and THINKING he''ll fail but wanting him to fail to me simply isn''t supporting the club.

[/quote]Didn''t get us into the relegation zone though did they?.... [8-)]

[quote user="John"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Didn''t get us into the relegation zone though did they?.... [8-)]
[/quote]

Do you honestly think the players would have performed under Roeder? He''d drained them of all confidence and passion, they didn''t want to play for him. Roeder had to go, unfortunatly for Gunn, he shouldn''t have been given the manager''s job while we were flirting with religation.

We needed to have established our self at mid table at the very least to allow him some room for error while he was learning his trade as a manager, so that when he made errors (such as not changing things around when we were 2-1 up against Southampton) wouldn''t have been as costly as they ultimately have been.

If we had been mid-table we may have been attractive to a more experienced and better manager.

As it is we now have Gunny, and as I want Norwich City to succeed I want Gunny to succeed because if he doesn''y Norwich City won''t!

Now is the time to support him and support the team and players and not even discuss him being replaced because it is not going to happen unless he cocks it up.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]

has Gunn even bothered to do his coaching badges?

[/quote]

Managers with no coaching badges did fine for the first 130 years of football history, and managers without coaching badges have done fine for the last 10 as well.... Having a coaching badge doesnt make you a good manager, like having a driving license doesnt make you a good driver and having a degree doesnt necessarily make you particularly clever.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="John"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

Didn''t get us into the relegation zone though did they?.... [8-)]
[/quote]

They didn''t want to play for him.

[/quote]

Wrong, there was one player that wanted to play for him, and that was Mark Fotheringham. Which only adds 100% credibility to absolutely everything that you just said.