Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Utterly off topic but........

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]D/L adjusted target for five overs would be 47...[/quote]

47? Yikes does that increase if WI lose wickets do you know Pete?
[/quote]

No idea, I hate maths but that''s what cricinfo says and they are rarely wrong.

No it does not. If the figure of 47 is accurate then thats the final target. Its only if for example WI have to chase X off 15 overs, get say 30 for 2 off 5, then it rains again and it has to be cut short to ten overs, the amount of wickets lost would make an impact on the final target. Also for example if England finished on X off 16 overs, the wickets lost would have an impact on the Windies subsequent total. Ive seen a copy of the D/L tables and its damn confusing.

Covers coming off. Play due to start at 8.25pm.

West Indies to face nine overs with a D/L total of "around 80"

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Right 80 off 9 overs.

Think thats advantage Windies, some big hitters in that lineup.
[/quote]

Gayle will get that on his own.

I dunno - how many teams have got 80 off 9 so far in this tournament?PP for 3.

[quote user="LQ"]I dunno - how many teams have got 80 off 9 so far in this tournament?PP for 3.

[/quote]Probably not that many, but every other match as far as Im aware has been a 20 over game. If theres only 9 overs you can be sure they will whack it at every opportunity.Actually the only game I can think of that was cut short was NZ v Scotland. Scotland hit 89 off 7, NZ hit 90 off 6.

Yes!!!Bravo gone. Stumped - Foster.Hold it together boys.

[quote user="barryevans"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

Cricket is boring!

[/quote]

your face is boring

[/quote]

Very amusing, although you''ve never seen my face!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Foster - best wicket keeper England has by a mile.[/quote]

Been saying this for ages, but i do support Essex so i''m not the most unbiased. I feel he should be included in test set-up as well he has saved us with his batting on many an occasion.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Foster - best wicket keeper England has by a mile.[/quote]

Been saying this for ages, but i do support Essex so i''m not the most unbiased. I feel he should be included in test set-up as well he has saved us with his batting on many an occasion.

[/quote]If Fred gets back to full fitness, and Broad''s batting keeps improving I think we can afford to have Fosters glovework over Priors batting. Prior may score more, but a dropped catch can mean an opposing player scoring X more runs that wouldnt have been scored otherwise.Gonna be a tight finish!

You just can''t afford not to score any boundaries for 8.4 overs in 20/20 Cricket.  And messers Duckworth & Lewis did''nt help.  Oh well, the main event is yet to come.....bring on the Ashes!!