Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Utterly off topic but........

[quote user="Nuff Said"]It''s the perfact excuse to sit in the sun and drink all day!
[/quote]

[Y] Sit in the garden,crate of beer in fridge and Test Match Special on the radio!

[quote user="barryevans"]ive had shah and bravo to be top scorers in an outside double come on england[/quote]Shame about that!Scoring well though.

What''s happening?Sky box has gone doolally and the DAB radio has been confiscated for I Haven''t Got A Clue.Argh!!!

[quote user="CT "]Rain has interupted play.What happens if it doesnt continue?[/quote]If it''s a wash-out, both teams are awarded a point - which would mean the Windies progress and we''re out so........GET THOSE COVERS OFF!!!

Duckworth/Lewis now surely having completed 17 overs?Just got a radio and play is due to restart at 7.08pm (gotta love the precision!)

[quote user="LQ"]Duckworth/Lewis now surely having completed 17 overs?Just got a radio and play is due to restart at 7.08pm (gotta love the precision!)

[/quote]D/L comes into play now but if we got a downfall (rather like what''s happening outside my window now) then it''s game over for us.  Really hope not as it''s nicely poised.

I can''t see what''s happening outside my window because some idiot has obviously climbed onto the roof and is chucking buckets of water at it.

Think we should be able to get in 5 overs regardless. Not a bad start, but again theres no drive after KP gets out. When we come back out to play I really hope one of the two (Most likely Colly) will give it a proper whack, we cant meander along to a 150/160 finish against a decent Windies batting lineup.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Think we should be able to get in 5 overs regardless. Not a bad start, but again theres no drive after KP gets out. When we come back out to play I really hope one of the two (Most likely Colly) will give it a proper whack, we cant meander along to a 150/160 finish against a decent Windies batting lineup.[/quote]Agreed.  I suppose on the plus side we have wickets in hand and Swann / Broard are capable of wielding the old willow.

[quote user="LQ"]I can''t see what''s happening outside my window because some idiot has obviously climbed onto the roof and is chucking buckets of water at it.

[/quote]

Maybe he gave up on the Why Do People Dislike LQ thread and has climbed on your roof Lisa.Are you sure its buckets of water he is chucking?

Yep my skys down too. Got it on the radio though. Colly out, Lets hope Swann and Broad can add a couple boundaries because we shall be relying on our bowling again.

Nice finish from Broad there.Just need to hope we can get enough overs (is it 5?) to make it a match and we could have a chance.

Not a great total, especially at the Oval. Need to get Gayle out quickly otherwise he''ll eat up that score.

Not sure leaving out Mascheranes was a good idea but I suppose at least we have the extra bowler now.  So much depends on getting Gayle early because if he''s still there in 6 overs, they will probably be half way to their target.  Our fielding has to be top notch - not easy in the wet.  Fingers crossed anyway.

[quote user="barryevans"]we got 161 after 20 overs but what happens if it rains now?[/quote]Has to be at least five overs for a completed match. If it doesnt rain they should be able to fit in 20 overs. If it does rain then the stats guys will be working overtime to decide how much WI must chase..

Depends how many are out in the 5 overs doesn''t it?None out = 355 out = 50

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]D/L adjusted target for five overs would be 47...[/quote]47? Yikes does that increase if WI lose wickets do you know Pete?