Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Utterly off topic but........

All the Pacemen did well.  Still worries me how reliant on KP we are but there we are!!  Thought Napier or Key might have got a game as Wright seems to have been found out a bit.

Yep, once we have won the 20/20 competition, the Ashes, Murray wins Wimbledon, we get promoted to the championship and England win the world cup I''ll be a happy man ( I wonder what the odds are on that ? ). [:D]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Yep, once we have won the 20/20 competition, the Ashes, Murray wins Wimbledon, we get promoted to the championship and England win the world cup I''ll be a happy man ( I wonder what the odds are on that ? ). [:D][/quote]Got to be worth a fiver in an accumulator surely - especially as you''ve said it (superstitious mich?). You''ll regret it later if it comes off[:D]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Yep, once we have won the 20/20 competition, the Ashes, Murray wins Wimbledon, we get promoted to the championship and England win the world cup I''ll be a happy man ( I wonder what the odds are on that ? ). [:D][/quote]no chance on them three

first 2 i can see happening[;)]

If we get lucky and KP plays the way he can then we have a chance.  Not sure about Luke Wright but then would you take him out of the side knowing full well on his day, he''s a match winner......All a little irrelevant considering the main event; The Ashes.  Come on England!!!

Agreed. I really enjoyed the game, although I''m not a fan of the 20/20 idea in general. Funny that.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Well done England.  Great game was that - bring on the Windies!!!!
[/quote]

I was very pleased with things until they added that the women''s team had won their 20/20 match too.......

I mean... who the bloody hell cares?

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Well done England.  Great game was that - bring on the Windies!!!![/quote]

I was very pleased with things until they added that the women''s team had won their 20/20 match too.......

[/quote]oo er, deep water sir!!!

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Yep, once we have won the 20/20 competition, the Ashes, Murray wins Wimbledon, we get promoted to the championship and England win the world cup I''ll be a happy man ( I wonder what the odds are on that ? ). [:D][/quote]

I''d say......500/1!

[quote user="Largey"]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Yep, once we have won the 20/20 competition, the Ashes, Murray wins Wimbledon, we get promoted to the championship and England win the world cup I''ll be a happy man ( I wonder what the odds are on that ? ). [:D][/quote]

I''d say......500/1!

[/quote]20/20 = 15/2Ashes = 5/2Murray to win Wimbledon = 19/4NCFC to champs = 9/4England to win world cup = 17/2Returns £5281.55 for a £1 stake so the odds are 5280.55-1.[:)]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Well done England.  Great game was that - bring on the Windies!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

oo er, deep water sir!!!

[/quote]

I laugh in the face of deep water Andy.......  [;)]

That was a great game yesterday - bit close for comfort towards the end when it looked like they might pull something out of the bag, but well played to us!What are the odds if you combine that with a British winner at the Grand Prix too?

[quote user="LQ"]

What are the odds if you combine that with a British winner at the Grand Prix too?

[/quote]

Jensen Button to win F1 snoozefest 1/1

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="LQ"]

What are the odds if you combine that with a British winner at the Grand Prix too?

[/quote]

[/quote]Then it''s 10562.1-1 Probably worth a cheeky pound.( Funny how the rule changes brought in to make the racing more exciting has actually had the reverse effect, last year went down to pretty well the last corner of the last lap this years will go to July if we''re lucky).

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="LQ"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was a great game and a great win. Credit to Ireland for pushing Pakistan close as well. Bring on the Windies tonight!

Big game today then, and we have an outside chance of topping the table too with a SA loss to India. After spanking them left right and centre this summer im a bit worried they will take this one, but our bowling should see us through.I dont think Napier is the answer, other than that one innings of 150 odd he hasnt done anything of note. Only averages 18 in county One day matches, infact I believe him to be a better bowler than batsman. Personally I think the batting lineup we have right now is spot on, it isnt the best, and certainly without KP its thin, but I dont think theres any better out there. The likes of Luke Wright and Owais Shah are great on their day, but their day is all too rare unfortunaetly. Id say our only geniune class limited overs batsman right now is KP, with Bopara not far off.Either way I cant see any further than South Africa or Sri Lanka for the title.

Mascerenhas and Shah would not get into any other international side IMO. Give Morgan and Napier a go. Can''t do any worse can they?

It''s Broad who''s got me stumped (see what I did there?) [:P]Quite how he manages to go from hero to zero in the same match is beyond me - TWICE! Brilliant boundary catch and then cox up for the run-out.Let''s face it, not many of them are exactly world-beaters, but they''re ''our not world-beaters'' so I''ll stay on the edge of my seat.

We''re batting first (if the rain holds off!)A semi-final place is at stake.