Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Smith faces grilling!

A typical family;

New Zealand lamb - Commonwealth Country - a few pounds a month.

Virtually every brand of consumer goods - made in China - hundreds, if not thousands of pounds a year.

It''s a good job that the nationals are highlighting the important issues.

I think she should know what she''s talking about. She has lead lambs to the slaughter for years.

[quote user="city till i die"]is she really 67?? didnt know that!![/quote]Nothing a bottle of wine couldn''t make better.... as Delia well knows [:)]

just another example of  smiths total contempt for decent people. she`s an utter disgrace and should be hounded out of television . no doubt she`ll develope a seige mentality over this and refuse to stop writing cook books and presenting cookery shows, the woman has no morals at all..she`ll bring the british lamb industry to its knees through her total incompetance  just like she has our football club..  its all you happy clappy fools who use her recipes that are to blame for this , if you use new zealand lamb your as bad as she is and you will get the farming  industry you all so  richly deserve, don`t say i didn`t warn you [;)]

Personally though I have tried to avoid New Zealand Lamb since learning that approx 95% of it is Halal. I think if you''re going to breed animals for meat you should at least have the common decency not to slit its throat and let it bleed to death in a practice which was devised hundreds of years ago to circumvent the problem of keeping ''blooded meat'' fresh for more than a few hours in a very hot country. My moral stance on this is not anti moslem for I shall eat halal meat at times but more against the New Zealand meat industry for failing to differentiate that the UK market has a different customer base to Asia. In this country a %age of livestock is slaughtered in accordance with the Islamic tradition but the mainstream meat industry is supplied with stock from animals killed in a far more humane manner proving it can be done.

[quote user="pennywise "]just another example of  smiths total contempt for decent people. she`s an utter disgrace and should be hounded out of television . no doubt she`ll develope a seige mentality over this and refuse to stop writing cook books and presenting cookery shows, the woman has no morals at all..she`ll bring the british lamb industry to its knees through her total incompetance  just like she has our football club..  its all you happy clappy fools who use her recipes that are to blame for this , if you use new zealand lamb your as bad as she is and you will get the farming  industry you all so  richly deserve, don`t say i didn`t warn you [;)][/quote]Too true pennywise, poor British lambs, nobody will want them, they''ll have to be evacuated to the Welsh hills or Dunstable Downs or somewhere until they''re taught to be happy clappy and then returned to Norfolk. Until then..............

They''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

It''s an online advertisement by the New Zealand lamb producers on her website not a personal recommendation as such. 

Much ado about nothing.

[/quote]The ''News'' story smells more of Cam than Lamb to me.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="canary cherub "]

It''s an online advertisement by the New Zealand lamb producers on her website not a personal recommendation as such. 

Much ado about nothing.

[/quote]

The ''News'' story smells more of Cam than Lamb to me.
[/quote]

Yes quite.

The things some people have to do to make a living . . . [:S]

I nearly pointed that out yesterday, Cherub! It quite clearly says on the page Delia Online Advertisement Promotion but there you go. The Daily Mail obviously just fancied digging some dirt on the new CBE and this was as good as it got.Bit silly of them really. I mean how a publication carrying adverts can be seen as endorsing such over and above anything else is beyond me. For example the Ham & High published an advert for the BNP last year but you wouldn''t accuse Archant of endorsing them over any other political party would you?[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/apr/10/archant.pressandpublishing[/url]Someone was just trying to be controversial at the Daily Mail and just made themselves look foolish.

[quote user="LQ"]Someone was just trying to be controversial at the Daily Mail and just made themselves look foolish.

[/quote]And who do we all know who has a history of selling ''news'' stories from Deliaonline to The Daily Mail???

[quote user="LQ"]I don''t know anyone who does that.

[/quote]

I think Buckethead is referring to Cam. When some of our more, erm..''excitable'' posters invaded Delia Online following Cullumgate and offended a few old dears I believe Cam managed to sell the story on to The Mail.

I reckon this story is all their own work though. Surely The Mail must have a ''Fabricated And/Or Exaggerated Stories That Show Exactly What Is Wrong With This Once Great Country Desk'' [;)]

Cheers Shack, I didn''t get that reference. So, that was people on here was it?How mature...

The original Daily Mail story is here LINKThe ''attack'' was conducted in pretty good humour actually. Some of the recipes and agony aunt advice offered to the dear old ladies of Delia Online were hilarious.Sadly my own particular recipe for ''Stowmarket Pear Stew'' did not make the Daily Mail. [:(]

[quote user="Buckethead"]The original Daily Mail story is here LINK

The ''attack'' was conducted in pretty good humour actually. Some of the recipes and agony aunt advice offered to the dear old ladies of Delia Online were hilarious.
Sadly my own particular recipe for ''Stowmarket Pear Stew'' did not make the Daily Mail. [:(]
[/quote]

That is an absolute gem.......