Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Dejan Stefanovic's attitude stinks!

There, hopefully I grabbed your attention with this headline.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but actually, quite the opposite is true of my completely incorrect headline. He''s a hero. It''s so rare for a footballer, particularly a foreign footballer, to pledge his allegiance to a club which has just dropped a division. Well done that man! I spoke to him in Norwich a few months ago, and he struck me then as a reasonable sort of guy and intelligent as well. He deserves to have a good season free of injury - let''s hope he does, and plays well enough to be picked for every game.

He should be our captain next season IMHO. Glad he''s staying and after his injury problems it''s almost like having a new signing.

[quote user="JTG"]Pity he''s just not good enough.[/quote]You surely are joking, he''s pure quality and a leader

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="JTG"]Pity he''s just not good enough.[/quote]You surely are joking, he''s pure quality and a leader[/quote]No. People will finally see that this coming season.

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="JTG"]Pity he''s just not good enough.

[/quote]

You surely are joking, he''s pure quality and a leader
[/quote]

No. People will finally see that this coming season.
[/quote]

You really are very silly

Apart from one of two lazy tackles in the opening games (he wasn''t the only one who took a while to settle in) he looked VERY promising as a championship player, league one he is certainly going to be a big name and outclass a number of strikers for positioning and strength... how long it will take to get to his best again after injury worries me though...

If Stefanovic is committed to the club, why didn''t he come out and say so in the direct aftermath of relegation in May?  I''ll tell you why, IMHO.

My guess is that his agent has touted him around and, realising there are no takers for a slow 34 year old, who has been out with a cruciate injury, decided to nail his colours to the mast........''the club has been good to me'' etc.etc.etc.....

That''s why he is committed to the club, as I say IMHO.

[quote user="MuttsNutts"]

If Stefanovic is committed to the club, why didn''t he come out and say so in the direct aftermath of relegation in May?  I''ll tell you why, IMHO.

My guess is that his agent has touted him around and, realising there are no takers for a slow 34 year old, who has been out with a cruciate injury, decided to nail his colours to the mast........''the club has been good to me'' etc.etc.etc.....

[/quote]I thought he nailed his colors to the mast very early on, he said his money dropped as soon as the season finished and he hoped the club wanted to keep him next season

[quote user="MuttsNutts"]

[/quote]I would be inclined to agree with this, and to be fair can you really blame him or Ronaldo or any other footballer?If your boss came to you and said, the company''s performed terribly this year and as a result im going to have to cut your wages. Surely youd be looking around for another job to maintain your wage or improve it? And if you couldnt find another job you would keep your nose clean and stay in the good books in your current job.Wake up and live in the real world and get off footballers backs. There no different to us, they all want to make more money.Dont we all?

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="MuttsNutts"]

[/quote]
I thought he nailed his colors to the mast very early on, he said his money dropped as soon as the season finished and he hoped the club wanted to keep him next season
[/quote]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="MuttsNutts"]

[/quote]
I thought he nailed his colors to the mast very early on, he said his money dropped as soon as the season finished and he hoped the club wanted to keep him next season
[/quote]

He did indeed but this is The Pinkun where one must never let fact get in the way of fiction. 

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="MuttsNutts"]

[/quote]I thought he nailed his colors to the mast very early on, he said his money dropped as soon as the season finished and he hoped the club wanted to keep him next season[/quote]

He did indeed but this is The Pinkun where one must never let fact get in the way of fiction. 

[/quote]I stand corrected and will be more carefull in future

Sorry to sound rude but was it really necessary to make a stupid headline?

Back on topic, I''m glad Stefo is staying but.....if he''s on £6k a week and 34 and crocked, wouldn''t he be better off financially to stay with us?

My only problem here is Mattais Jonson did the same when we got relegated from the Premier League and he was soon away......

Perhaps it stinks because he''s been kept in a shed or boot of the car........

Just sayin''........