Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

City set to sign Tudur Jones

[quote user="Pied as a Mattress"]Carl Cort number 2. Injury ravaged career. Come to Norwich and we will pay you a fortune to sit in the physios room for months on end.[/quote]Or he could remain injury free and fulfill the potential that has seen him excelled through the Wales national team and earn him a trial with Chelsea.What is it with narrow minded Norwich City fans? Do you want us to fail or something? Having seen this particular player on a couple of occasions, I have to say I think it''s a good signing.

I thınk thıs ıs a very decent sıgnıng at thıs level ıf he can stay ınjury free, Im happy to see the lad come here, he ıs a huge physıcal presence at 6''4....wont do us any harm ın thıs league!

Just because he''s tall doesn''t mean he''s any good!! Very injury prone and only played a hatful of games for Swansea. His previous club was Bangor. How anybody can say he''s a good signing is beyond me!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Just because he''s tall doesn''t mean he''s any good!! Very injury prone and only played a hatful of games for Swansea. His previous club was Bangor. How anybody can say he''s a good signing is beyond me![/quote]Because I''ve seen him play for Wales and do a very good job.Simples.

Yer sure you have!! So why has he played just 8 games for Swansea and previous to this he was playing for Bangor! If he was any good Swansea would be keeping him!

He was highly rated by the Wales national team, though not sure how high praise that is.

Could be the new Carl Robinson.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Yer sure you have!! So why has he played just 8 games for Swansea and previous to this he was playing for Bangor! If he was any good Swansea would be keeping him![/quote]Colney, you clearly haven''t done a lot of reading on the lad.He''s played around 30 games for Swansea and played 11 times for Swindon on loan last year. Yes, injuries have curtailed his appearences, but prior to his injuries he was very highly rated and played regularly for Wales. I saw the lad playing for the Welsh U21 side against England. Wales were awful, but Tudur Jones bossed them around and had a very good long range effort pushed onto the bar by whoever it was in England''s goal.

This from the BBC is very interesting;

Chwaraewr canol cae i Gymru ac i Abertawe.

Gwnaeth Owain Tudur Jones ei farc yn fuan fel aelod rheolaidd o sgwad y Swans ar ôl ymuno ag Abertawe o Glwb Pêl-droed Bangor yn 2005 am ffi o £5000.

Roedd wedi bod ym Mangor am bedair blynedd a chyn hynny roedd yn aelod o dîm Porthmadog oedd yn chwarae yn y Cymru Alliance ar y pryd.

Yn ei dymor cyntaf yn Abertawe cafodd ei alw i garfan dan 21 Cymru ar gyfer gêm gyfeillgar gyda Malta, gan ddod i''r maes fel eilydd. Cafodd ei alw hefyd i garfan lawn Cymru i''r gemau cyfeillgar yn erbyn Gwlad y Basg a Thrinidad a Tobago ond ni allodd chwarae gan fod Abertawe wedi cyrraedd y gemau ail-gyfle.

Ond bu''r chwaraewr 6'' 2" allan o''r gêm am ran helaeth o dymor 2006/2007 ar ôl cael anaf ddifrifol a llawdriniaeth i''w ben-glin.

Er hynny ymestynnwyd ei gontract gydag Abertawe a thua diwedd tymor 2007/2008 roedd yn ôl ar y cae.

Enillodd ei gap cyntaf dros Gymru mewn gêm gyfeillgar gyda Gwlad yr Ia yn Reykjavik fis Mawrth 2008.

Something about Trinidad and Tobago in there, but apart from that I am lost.

Apparently OTJ is a welsh speaker and gees the Swansea team up with Welsh language pep talks before matches.  Like to see him do that at CR on the PA system, probably make as much sense as Delia...

Should be more than ok at this level if injuries are indeed a thing of the past (and as someone else said he played quite a few games last season).  Also, at 6''4 he ought to give us a bit of height and physical presence at set pieces which will be vital in League 1 and which we have not had for years.

i''m very happy with this signing, remember seeing him a couple of seasons ago for Swansea and being impressed as was the Wales set up, obviously since then he''s suffered a couple of injuries but if he stays fit he''ll be a real asset to the club

Players have come back from serious injury problems to have good careers.  The lad is young and very tall which can sometimes cause problems in its own right.  I agree that this signing is a bit of a gamble, but it could pay off....Promising fuor me, will give a good central physical presence I feel we have been lacking since Etuhu left.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Ond bu''r chwaraewr 6'' 2" allan o''r gêm am ran helaeth o dymor 2006/2007 ar ôl cael anaf ddifrifol a llawdriniaeth i''w ben-glin.

[/quote]

Now 6'' 4" !! Still growing !! - Push him up front and we''ll have the new Peter Crouch

I remember seeing him play in the play-off final against Barnsley a few years ago and he had a very good game. He''s a risk due to his injuries, but he''s a decent player who is not short of potential. That''s the kind of market we''re in. Could be a very good signing.

Again like Gill never seen the guy play,the injuries are a worry but if he stays fit he is the type of player we need in league 1,again you can''t judge him before he has kicked a ball!!