Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Secrets of the Fixture computer....

Yes, I just saw this.  I never appreciated that West Ham impact us..."when West Ham play at home can have an impact on when a club as far

away as Norwich (108.8 miles) play their home fixtures. And there are

12 other professional clubs in London...."

[quote user="rjwc22"]I intend to blame West Ham for all our future woes.[/quote]I already do. For me:West Ham are to footballing problems what chris is to pointless rumours.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I intend to blame West Ham for all our future woes.[/quote]

I still reckon we deserve a home fixture for either the first or last game of the season. Both would be brilliant.

[quote user="Felixfan"]I still reckon we deserve a home fixture for either the first or last game of the season. Both would be brilliant.[/quote]Seeing as we''ve had both away the last 3 years it''s about time.The last time we were at home on the opening day against Coventry it was only because they didn''t have a stadium!

perhaps we ask to be away first game of the season - what with holiday season etc , the police might request it  - I know Chase was never keen on us playing at home on Bank Holidays to avoid policing costs , might still apply

shrewsbury are never at home on a certain weekend in august , due to a massive flower festival in the town

there was bit on Radio Five last year about that and also that the fixtures will aleready be put into place for 2010 / 11 already 

t

We''ve asked to play our first game at home this season so lets hope we are.

Mr Doncaster told me that they had made the request back in March because we''ve been away for the first game the past 4 seasons?

Doesn''t mean they''ll take any notice though!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Mr Doncaster told me that they had made the request back in March because we''ve been away for the first game the past 4 seasons?

[/quote]

didnt we start the season at home to Coventry 2 years ago because their stadium wasn''t ready?

jas :)

That was a reverse fixture agreement between the clubs, which incidentally didn''t help us as I remember - having three home fixtures in a week and only gaining three points.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

didnt we start the season at home to Coventry 2 years ago because their stadium wasn''t ready?

[/quote]

Just to clarify, I spoke to Mr Doncaster back in March and asked why we always seem to be at home for the first game and he said that the fixtures are computerised but they can make special requests which they have done this year. He didn''t say we''d been at home for 4 season in a row this was my assumption.

Would be interested to know how many first games have been at home over the past 5 or 6 years, does anyone have those stats?

I raised this issue many times with Mr. Doncaster as each club is entitled to one or two priority requests and ours was never first or last game at home.

I was told that this was never a priority as the club preferred to use its special requests for reasonably close games at Christmas and New Year. Perhaps this year will be different.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to clarify, I spoke to Mr Doncaster back in March and asked why we always seem to be at home for the first game and he said that the fixtures are computerised but they can make special requests which they have done this year. He didn''t say we''d been at home for 4 season in a row this was my assumption.

Would be interested to know how many first games have been at home over the past 5 or 6 years, does anyone have those stats?

[/quote]The last one was Coventry in 2005 but only because their stadium wasn''t ready as Jas says, we were meant to play them away. The last one that was actually sccheduled at home was Palace in 2004, and before that Grimsby in 2002. They are the only opening day games we''ve had at home in the last ten seasons.