Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Robbie Simpson set for 500k move!

Still reckon we are in pole position.  This news actually makes the prospect of signing Simpson a bit better for me.  I did have serious doubts, but I respect Lee Clarke and if the player is good enough for him.

I just hope that this is a cash deal rather than a swap for Clingan as think he is our only saleable asset and do not want to see him go on the cheap.

Sadly Huddersfield have more cash than us and will probably ofer him higher wages. Another sign of how low we have sunk and how much more ambitious other clubs are - they have already signed about 4 players.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sadly Huddersfield have more cash than us and will probably ofer him higher wages. Another sign of how low we have sunk and how much more ambitious other clubs are - they have already signed about 4 players.[/quote]

Huddersfield''s signings have been very impressive - Peter Clarke is one of the best centre-backs around at this level and Anthony Kay is an imposing, goalscoring central midfielder. Both werre free transfers! I think Huddersfield will be the team to beat next season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sadly Huddersfield have more cash than us and will probably ofer him higher wages. Another sign of how low we have sunk and how much more ambitious other clubs are - they have already signed about 4 players.[/quote]

Money isn''t the deciding factor in every case. He may want a move back to East Anglia, nearer to his family. He may want to come back to Norwich as he feels he has unfinished business. He may want to come here for the support.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]would have liked him here but 500k does seem a bit steep for somebody with no scoring record above the conference[/quote]Exactly my thoughts. And his finishes are exactly deadly, impulsive or rocketing with composure. Most of his shots (footage on youtube) seem scuffed and untidy. But hey, that''s just my opinion.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I dont think anybody has to worry about us spending £500,000 , i would be surprised if we bought anybody who costs more than free this summer.
[/quote]

Yes but that''s because you''re an Ipswich fan in denial.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I dont think anybody has to worry about us spending £500,000 , i would be surprised if we bought anybody who costs more than free this summer.[/quote]

[/quote] I was supporting Norwich before moronic Delia loving morons like you were born . Face it whoever we sign you are going to try make out they are excellent , truth is they are all freebies wanted by nobody but the very poorest sides around , and if the truth hurts you tough shit .

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]would have liked him here but 500k does seem a bit steep for somebody with no scoring record above the conference[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. And his finishes are exactly deadly, impulsive or rocketing with composure. Most of his shots (footage on youtube) seem scuffed and untidy. But hey, that''s just my opinion.
[/quote]

we could get grant holt and maybe even alan lee for 500k

[quote user="I am a Banana"]thats all he posts!, never his own comment about it!![/quote]

If you know he starts a thread and you know it''s going to pee you off why read the thread in the first place?  Christ alive, instead of having a pop each time ask him politely to put his opinion. [:)]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I dont think anybody has to worry about us spending £500,000 , i would be surprised if we bought anybody who costs more than free this summer.
[/quote]

[/quote] I was supporting Norwich before moronic Delia loving morons like you were born . Face it whoever we sign you are going to try make out they are excellent , truth is they are all freebies wanted by nobody but the very poorest sides around , and if the truth hurts you tough shit .
[/quote]

Bullsh*t, Gill had several clubs after him and this lad from Swansea has been offered a new deal there. If you can''t be objective why bother posting?

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bullsh*t, Gill had several clubs after him and this lad from Swansea has been offered a new deal there. If you can''t be objective why bother posting?

[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]would have liked him here but 500k does seem a bit steep for somebody with no scoring record above the conference[/quote]

I agree that 500k is a little steep, but he has been played mostly on the right wing for Coventry and not done too badly, his scoring record from the right wing isnt too good either, but as long as he has a half decent cross then he will be a step up from the stupidly over rated Lee Croft.

I would like to see Simpson here as our right winger if he is up for that, with somebody like Holt, Lee or Dickinson up front (or two of those would be even better).Lee Clark isnt doing us any favours if he really is offering 500k for Robbie Simpson. I can see any £1m + Simpson deal for Clingan turning into something more like 750k + Simpson.

I think that £1m + Simpson is the best we can expect for Clingan, we are getting a handy player with age on his side, and enough money to buy a couple of other good players. If those players were to be say Grant Holt and Alan Lee........

Grant Holt, Alan Lee and Robbie Simpson for Sammy Clingan. We would become a lot stronger for that as a team. We would have a large Sammy Clingan sized whole in the middle of the park that would need to be filled, but thats were people like Matty Gill and Michael Spillane have to come into the team and sieze the opportunity.

I genuinely  believe that a Russell and Clingan partnership is like playing with one centre midfielder anyway, so a Gill and Spillane / Tudor Jones partnership wouldnt leave us any worse off........ as long as they get rid of that headless chicken too.

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on. Both of Gunns signings have had other clubs chasing them, we had to move quickly to sign Cody McDonald as well, there were over 10 football league scouts at almost every Dartford game for the month or so before we signed him.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have a fair point.

It must be obvious to all, that Gunn has little or no budget to work with & as a consequence he can only scrap it out for unwanted or injury prone players cast onto the bargain basement section of this summers transfer market. We can only hope that he gets the best ones!

some posters on here just want to knock every single move norwich make... some idiots on here were even questioning bringing in McNally saying we should be spending that money on players... The sort of people who say that and the sort of people who try their hardest to knock everything just aren''t worth caring about... They clearly have no knowledge of football and probably lack a brain... I''ve realised this and if i see their name in the thread i usually stop reading as I know where the thread is going... Back to the thread, Huddersfield have a lot of money to play with but hopefully people will want to come to Norwich over them in the main... I know one of Clarke''s main reason for choosing to sign for huddersfield instead of us was that he''s family live in that area... So, with Simpson being from the Norwich area, if we go in for him I would hope he would choose us. 500K seems a bit steep however... I read 350K somewhere...

[quote user="The Chirp"]some posters on here just want to knock every single move norwich make... some idiots on here were even questioning bringing in McNally saying we should be spending that money on players... The sort of people who say that and the sort of people who try their hardest to knock everything just aren''t worth caring about... They clearly have no knowledge of football and probably lack a brain...

I''ve realised this and if i see their name in the thread i usually stop reading as I know where the thread is going...

Back to the thread, Huddersfield have a lot of money to play with but hopefully people will want to come to Norwich over them in the main... I know one of Clarke''s main reason for choosing to sign for huddersfield instead of us was that he''s family live in that area... So, with Simpson being from the Norwich area, if we go in for him I would hope he would choose us. 500K seems a bit steep however... I read 350K somewhere...

[/quote]

Get some bottle and name and shame Chirp!

There are a few obvious candidates, Smudger is the newly crowned king of the pessimists, after First Wizard decided to step down and become strangely more chilled out (maybe a new prescription). But your post has no strength unless you name names.

You know whom it is I refer to as do they. Naming them will only give them a little thrill and the thought in their little mind that they''ve managed to upset someone etc... Really their posts just take away some of the enjoyment from what was once a decent messageboard.

I always find it amazing that when the consensus of opinion swings away from a posters own opinion, the message board then becomes a poorer place in their opinion. Why can''t some people accept that they are in the minority without bleating about the decline of the messageboard?

Oh dear Astrodyne... I just knew someone would write that. I have absolutely no problem at all if the general consenus of opinion is different to my own. My remark is aimed purely at the people who talk utter rubbish on here with every post. People on here who slam everything without offering an alternative, the people who clearly comment on things they know nothing about/haven''t bothered to do their research.The messageboard has recently gained a few idiots who constantly knock everything in a volitile manner without putting anything into any conversation... This board has become a very bitter place and i know i am not the only one who has noticed.Clearly you don''t see this so i''ll stop my ''bleating'' as you so delightfully put it.