Sign in to follow this  
wedgie

Why do people dislike LQ?

To be honest, few of us really know LQ in the same way that few people know me, really... I can see why some of her posts rile some people, since they''re generally well-written and contain an alternative viewpoint, neither of which are particularly welcomed on here.  Personally, I took an instant shine to the lady simply because she had a wicked way of winded up the Wizard... which is both fun and alliterative! [:D]

[quote user="LQ"]I''m not John.

[/quote]

Lisa i do not wish to enter into a long dialogue over this but from the NCST website dated 15th May 2009 following their AGM quote"Ted Codling,Said Inal,Caroline spinks and Lisa Quattromini bring a welcome freshness to the Board as well as increasing the experience base of the Board"

What a bizarre thread.  Who dislikes her?  Its just a city fan with a point of view.  Why start this type of thread - actually more importantly - why are the mods allowing a negative thread directed at an individual for no reason whatsoever?

[quote user="Mushroom"]Why would someone ever lie about being a woman?[/quote]

I pretend I''m a woman sometimes when I go down the pub in a dress........

Not quite the same thing I know.

[quote user="ACE"]What a bizarre thread.  Who dislikes her?  Its just a city fan with a point of view.  Why start this type of thread - actually more importantly - why are the mods allowing a negative thread directed at an individual for no reason whatsoever?
[/quote]

Totally agree, as much as I think there are a few characters on this forum who may rouse all types of negative emotions I fail to see why anyone should be singled out with their own topic.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="Mushroom"]Why would someone ever lie about being a woman?[/quote]

I pretend I''m a woman sometimes when I go down the pub in a dress........

Not quite the same thing I know.

[/quote]We always knew you were a bird....

[quote user="ACE"]What a bizarre thread.  Who dislikes her?  Its just a city fan with a point of view.  Why start this type of thread - actually more importantly - why are the mods allowing a negative thread directed at an individual for no reason whatsoever?
[/quote]

Why not Ace?..........I get the same treatment weekly, its not a kindergaden on here is it?........But I suspect LQ, like me, enjoys it!

But, if its too hot and all that. [:|]

[/quote]

I agree.   Posts personally attacking other posters on the BB are out of order.  Everybody is entitled to their opinion and opposing views add to the debate.

Yeah - cos there''s nothing better than logging on to a forum first thing on a Monday morning finding a thread about why people don''t like you![^o)]Still, each to his or her own I suppose?John, I have no desire to get into any dialogue at all. However, you may want to read a more up to date page:[url]http://www.ncst.org.uk/About.aspx[/url]Ta to everyone who hasn''t had a pop though. On the whole I quite enjoy spending some virtual time with you all [;)]

Everyone seems to hate everyone else on this board anyway, so, y''know, get used to it I suppose.

[quote user="LQ"]Yeah - cos there''s nothing better than logging on to a forum first thing on a Monday morning finding a thread about why people don''t like you!

[^o)]

Still, each to his or her own I suppose?

John, I have no desire to get into any dialogue at all. However, you may want to read a more up to date page:
[url]http://www.ncst.org.uk/About.aspx[/url]

Ta to everyone who hasn''t had a pop though. On the whole I quite enjoy spending some virtual time with you all [;)]

[/quote]

Good morning LQ nice to see you had time to check the site before heading to the river to do the weeks washing[:D]

LQ is cool. She just had the misfortune of a badly timed ''return blog'' which she''ll admit wasn''t her best - not helped by Pete giving it a sticky - and basically riling some of the proletariat on here who thought she was getting preferential treatment and being a board apologist.I think she''s great, she has more balls and spunk (traditional meaning of the word) than most on here.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I think she''s great, she has more balls and spunk (traditional meaning of the word) than most on here.[/quote]Everyone loves a lady with balls and spunk.......................

I''d say it''s because she''s one of the few people round this place to not have had her spirit crushed by the people who constantly bash the board and will perhaps dare i say it, look at the way they''ve run things objectively?

Personally i think she makes some good posts and comes across as being nice rather than some people here who go round insulting anyone who doesn''t agree with their opinion.

[quote]Personally i think she makes some good posts and comes across as being

nice rather than some people here who go round insulting anyone who

doesn''t agree with their opinion.[/quote]That''s probably it - the only reason people have noticed that LQ is getting a hard time is because she doesn''t retaliate, choosing to argue the issues instead.  And fair play to her for doing that.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I think she''s great, she has more balls and spunk (traditional meaning of the word) than most on here.[/quote]
Everyone loves a lady with balls and spunk.......................
[/quote]

There''s a few of them in Pattaya, so I''m told.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I think she''s great, she has more balls and spunk (traditional meaning of the word) than most on here.[/quote]Everyone loves a lady with balls and spunk.......................[/quote]There''s an irony here somewhere[:D]''I was definitely a woman last time I checked. I

certainly remember giving birth at one point and unless medical science

had reached unimaginable heights you do still need to be a woman to do

that''

Because with all due respect, you set out to provoke and relish it when people attack you - LQ does not strike me as someone in the same mould.  If she set herself up for an attack then fair enough, but I dont think she has.Hence questioning a bit of mod protection.[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ACE"]What a bizarre thread.  Who dislikes her?  Its just a city fan with a point of view.  Why start this type of thread - actually more importantly - why are the mods allowing a negative thread directed at an individual for no reason whatsoever?[/quote]

Why not Ace?..........I get the same treatment weekly, its not a kindergaden on here is it?........But I suspect LQ, like me, enjoys it!

[/quote]

Oh dear...[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Scottlarock"]I think she''s great, she has more balls and spunk (traditional meaning of the word) than most on here.[/quote]Everyone loves a lady with balls and spunk.......................[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Because with all due respect, you set out to provoke and relish it when people attack you - LQ does not strike me as someone in the same mould.  If she set herself up for an attack then fair enough, but I dont think she has.Hence questioning a bit of mod protection.[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ACE"]What a bizarre thread.  Who dislikes her?  Its just a city fan with a point of view.  Why start this type of thread - actually more importantly - why are the mods allowing a negative thread directed at an individual for no reason whatsoever?[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]To be fair, if you write a blog, and advertise it, you''re bound to get flak.  Having said that,  it doesn''t excuse personal insults though.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Lisa i do not wish to enter into a long dialogue over this but from the NCST website dated 15th May 2009 following their AGM quote"Ted Codling,Said Inal,Caroline spinks and Lisa Quattromini bring a welcome freshness to the Board as well as increasing the experience base of the Board"

[/quote]Just have to add, Quattromini is a fantastic name! [:D][Y]

To be fair it''s only a handful of posters who are giving LQ any real stick and it''s pretty obvious that they have their own agenda just as much as they claim that she has hers. She seems perfectly capable of looking after herself when this happens and, unlike many of the posters on here at the moment, actually seems to have a sense of humour. She''s alright by me [Y]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just have to add, Quattromini is a fantastic name! [:D][Y]
[/quote]

Sounds like a car from the Italian Job!!

Right then, that''s the washing done.I''ll just give myself a few minutes on here before undertaking a few light dusting duties and then I''ll think about getting the dinner ready...[:P]Anyway, what happened to start this thread? Did someone have something uncomplimentary to say over the weekend that I sadly missed or was it just the usual stuff?

[*][quote user="LQ"]Right then, that''s the washing done.

I''ll just give myself a few minutes on here before undertaking a few light dusting duties and then I''ll think about getting the dinner ready...

[:P]

Anyway, what happened to start this thread? Did someone have something uncomplimentary to say over the weekend that I sadly missed or was it just the usual stuff?

[/quote]

[:D][A]

The fact she knows her womanly role in the world makes me like her more *kidding ;)*

[quote user="LQ"]Right then, that''s the washing done.I''ll just give myself a few minutes on here before undertaking a few light dusting duties and then I''ll think about getting the dinner ready...[:P]

[/quote]Careful at least one poster on here knows your old man and you don''t want him finding out and taking the computer out the kitchen again.