Sign in to follow this  
wedgie

Why do people dislike LQ?

I too have noticed this, can''t say the topic is worthy of it''s own thread, could have perhaps been placed on the end of a current LQ - bashing thread, all I think about it is that she can come across strong, which isn''t always a bad thing. I''m sure she''s a lovely lady.

[quote user="Mushroom"]I too have noticed this, can''t say the topic is worthy of it''s own thread, could have perhaps been placed on the end of a current LQ - bashing thread, all I think about it is that she can come across strong, which isn''t always a bad thing. I''m sure she''s a lovely lady.[/quote]She is. She sent me a Christmas card once. [Y]

[quote user="CT "]Because she goes all out to defend the board?

[/quote]

Whats the problem with that?  Or is that the intention of this forum lately, to stifle any alternative opinions.

maybe it''s not the opinion that causes offence but the way it is delivered? Or maybe its because she seems to want to get on any committee that might advance her personal objectives, or maybe she just not very likeable. Who knows?

[quote user="mtv"]maybe it''s not the opinion that causes offence but the way it is delivered? Or maybe its because she seems to want to get on any committee that might advance her personal objectives, or maybe she just not very likeable. Who knows?[/quote]Or maybe it''s because she''s a woman? Too damn uppity for some of the posters on here.

Because she thinks she knows it all? Not my opinion, i haven''t really read anything of hers, infact i didn''t even know it (SHE) was a female until reading this thread.

Not my opinion, i haven''t really read anything of hers

Hmm, then the obvious question is...how do you know that? 

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Or maybe it''s because she''s a woman? Too damn uppity for some of the posters on here.[/quote]Maybe there are other women posters on here? Maybe one or two of those other femail posters aren''t particularly fond of LQ? Maybe I don''t ''not like'' her but do find her a tad pretentious at times?

Ok.That''s quite a weird thread to log on and see first thing on a Monday morning!First up I don''t thnk I need to defend myself or anything but can I just say with regard to the ''arrogance'' thing that sometimes I think some of you read my posts in a very different way to which they''re written. Yes, if it''s a serious matter I will try as hard as I can to get my point across (who doesn''t on a forum?) but in general I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step.Secondly (as MTV well knows) I was definitely a woman last time I checked. I certainly remember giving birth at one point and unless medical science had reached unimaginable heights you do still need to be a woman to do that. I''ve met Pete once too - he can probably confirm my female credentials?Thirdly I have no idea what these ''personal objectives'' are? All I want from this club is that it is as successful as it can be. That seems like an odd thing to write in the current circumstances but it''s true nonetheless. I certainly don''t join every committee going. I''ve been asked on quite a few that I''ve turned down because I couldn''t see how I could help. At the moment I''m on one ''committee'' type thing and anyone who remembers the very dull, long reply I gave about it a few weeks ago will know how I feel about that. My ''personal objective'' is to enjoy being a Norwich City fan as much as I damned well can - that''s it! Quite an agenda eh?It seems that some people have this overwhelming desire to see me in a strange light purely because I don''t conform to the belief that everything the current (and recently passed) Board have done is bad. I can''t do that because knowledge of the wider world of football business stops me from being able to believe that''s true.There you go.Happy Monday...p.s. I have no idea who you are Lord F. Hope you''re well though [:)]

Hiya Rich - I had a feeling it might be you!@ anyone, are there really other LQ bashing threads? That''s worrying.

[quote user="LQ"]Hiya Rich - I had a feeling it might be you!@ anyone, are there really other LQ bashing threads? That''s worrying.

[/quote]Or is it me? I could be a woman. [;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Ok.

That''s quite a weird thread to log on and see first thing on a Monday morning!

First up I don''t thnk I need to defend myself or anything but can I just say with regard to the ''arrogance'' thing that sometimes I think some of you read my posts in a very different way to which they''re written. Yes, if it''s a serious matter I will try as hard as I can to get my point across (who doesn''t on a forum?) but in general I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Secondly (as MTV well knows) I was definitely a woman last time I checked. I certainly remember giving birth at one point and unless medical science had reached unimaginable heights you do still need to be a woman to do that. I''ve met Pete once too - he can probably confirm my female credentials?

Thirdly I have no idea what these ''personal objectives'' are? All I want from this club is that it is as successful as it can be. That seems like an odd thing to write in the current circumstances but it''s true nonetheless. I certainly don''t join every committee going. I''ve been asked on quite a few that I''ve turned down because I couldn''t see how I could help. At the moment I''m on one ''committee'' type thing and anyone who remembers the very dull, long reply I gave about it a few weeks ago will know how I feel about that. My ''personal objective'' is to enjoy being a Norwich City fan as much as I damned well can - that''s it! Quite an agenda eh?

It seems that some people have this overwhelming desire to see me in a strange light purely because I don''t conform to the belief that everything the current (and recently passed) Board have done is bad. I can''t do that because knowledge of the wider world of football business stops me from being able to believe that''s true.

There you go.

Happy Monday...

p.s. I have no idea who you are Lord F. Hope you''re well though [:)]

[/quote]

We all have an opinion on football and we all think we are right, thats what debate is about, I personally have no reason to like or dislike people just because of their comments in a debate, when I have not even met them.

[quote user="LQ"]Ok.

That''s quite a weird thread to log on and see first thing on a Monday morning!

First up I don''t thnk I need to defend myself or anything but can I just say with regard to the ''arrogance'' thing that sometimes I think some of you read my posts in a very different way to which they''re written. Yes, if it''s a serious matter I will try as hard as I can to get my point across (who doesn''t on a forum?) but in general I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

Secondly (as MTV well knows) I was definitely a woman last time I checked. I certainly remember giving birth at one point and unless medical science had reached unimaginable heights you do still need to be a woman to do that. I''ve met Pete once too - he can probably confirm my female credentials?

Thirdly I have no idea what these ''personal objectives'' are? All I want from this club is that it is as successful as it can be. That seems like an odd thing to write in the current circumstances but it''s true nonetheless. I certainly don''t join every committee going. I''ve been asked on quite a few that I''ve turned down because I couldn''t see how I could help. At the moment I''m on one ''committee'' type thing and anyone who remembers the very dull, long reply I gave about it a few weeks ago will know how I feel about that. My ''personal objective'' is to enjoy being a Norwich City fan as much as I damned well can - that''s it! Quite an agenda eh?

It seems that some people have this overwhelming desire to see me in a strange light purely because I don''t conform to the belief that everything the current (and recently passed) Board have done is bad. I can''t do that because knowledge of the wider world of football business stops me from being able to believe that''s true.

There you go.

Happy Monday...

p.s. I have no idea who you are Lord F. Hope you''re well though [:)]

[/quote]

Just the one committee type thing Lisa? Apart from the SCG to which you are obviously referring why are you shown on their website as a member of The Trust committee?