Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - St Johnstone (a) 1972

Pete, you are in a flighty mood today! That is a tough one. I was actually at that game (not quite so sad - on holiday nearby) and Saunders fielded virtually a reserve eleven, much to the annoyance of the St Johnstone manager, who complained about English arrogance and how his team of Bravehearts would send us back across the border with our collective tail between our collective legs...

Well I got six and that was with the advantage of being at the game! A clue is that one of the goal scorers was Scottish but had a more Irish-sounding name.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]And one has an apostrophe in his name...[/quote]This probably isn''t going to help any, but the one with the apostrophe is the Scottish-born goalscorer with the Irish-sounding name!

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Ah yes brain rebooted[/quote]

Probably got something to do with the time of night or your age Mrs T.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Ah yes brain rebooted[/quote]

Probably got something to do with the time of night or your age Mrs T.

[/quote]

your up late!

Just finished this with the help of Mike Davage''s Glorious Heroes book. I was at every home game during this period first team and reserves, but I struggled to remember 4 of the team at all. I also hadn''t realised that the left back left that year, in my mind, him and Black played until much later, but they both went in ''73 under the Bond revolution.