Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Michael Nelson has quit Hartlpool!

Just got to hope he''s sensible enough to see that he will probably get more first team football in supposedly one of the top teams in League One.

Would love to have him here, but going to Scunthorpe looks more likely.

It''s a tricky decision for Nelson but lets hope he joins us instead :)

Does he play in the Championship alongside the likes of Newcastle, Middlesborough, Reading etc, or does he join a higher profile club in Norwich, on probably a better wage yet stay rooted to league one...

Any solid footballer would want to play at the highest level possible... but we all know how money is taking over football...

Would rather get Magnus Okuonghae but that looks unlikely too!

If I were him I''d choose a Championship clun to division 3 anyday lol however stranger things have happened and have been happening this past week, so who knows. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]If I were him I''d choose a Championship clun to division 3 anyday lol however stranger things have happened and have been happening this past week, so who knows. [:)][/quote]

I have to agree with this. Nothing to do with negativity or anything, but the bloke is 29 and has never played in the Championship so this could be his last chance. 

Unless there is a significant difference in the money offered, and as a nuetral, I would always choose the club higher up the ladder. If he was 22 then its a different story.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

I have a feeling he''ll opt for a much bigger club like Scunthorpe.....[:''(]

Yes i am being a Grumpy,sarcastic whinger.

[/quote]

Thought you had died. Better cancel that wreath.

The EDP this morning seem to think he''s on his way opting to play in front of 20,000 every week instead of going to Scunny (It''s in the ''Clubs express interest in Clingan'' story)

Would be a good signing in my opinion as he''s respected in this league and adds to the strength of Stef, Spills and Doc and if we were promoted to the Championship, may be good enough to step up. Also he''s a good age for a centre back in my opinion, as most seem to peak in the late 20s ish.

There i go again, getting all optimistic! Lets hope he actually arrives.

scunthorpe are punching above thier weight and you could not write them off to go down next season.

i could imagine norwich still could offer a better deal than scunthorpe .

it wouldnt surprise me if he came here him and dejan at the back alnd if we could hold on to doc i would say thats a fairly solid defence for this division .

if dury got fit considering he was part of our team that went up to the premiership and was ever present at that time things could be shaping up at the back .

it is still the lack of proven strikers that concerns me which has been our problem for a while .

still plenty of time though yet the sooner we get in a couple of strikers who can score 10-15 goals a season in this division is a must if we are to move forward .