Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Let's have Robert Chase & Peter Cullum on the NCFC Board.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

C''mon. Let''s be having yer, Delia.

Your turn.

Are you up to it?

OTBC

[/quote]

Dream team......Bags of dosh and a Norfolk accent around the place again.........

[quote user="jelltex"]Chase; over my dead body. It killed my Dad last time. He could finish City off.[/quote]Fool.

[quote user="jelltex"]Chase; over my dead body. It killed my Dad last time. He could finish City off.[/quote]

You''re confused, at best.

fas est et ab hoste doceri: It is right to be taught even by an enemy; you may get a hint from the other side.

OTBC

[quote user="Insider"][quote user="jelltex"]Chase; over my dead body. It killed my Dad last time. He could finish City off.[/quote]

Fool.
[/quote]

Whos the fool?

Deliar will leave us in a far worse position than Chase ever had us in.Chase didnt finish off, we would be far better off with him.This isnt to say I want Chase back, just think he''s the lesser of 2 evils.

Your are not the only one who says that......................not me thats for sure, but plenty do.

[quote user="mtv"]Your are not the only one who says that......................not me thats for sure, but plenty do.[/quote]

Me neither.

[quote user="Insider"]Deliar will leave us in a far worse position than Chase ever had us in.Chase didnt finish off, we would be far better off with him.This isnt to say I want Chase back, just think he''s the lesser of 2 evils.[/quote]To be honest I would rather we had neither. Robert Chase is an old old man - we could have had continued success in the premiership and had a squad of household names.For me we were relegated from the premiership under his management at precisely the wrong time - Labour was just around the corner and the economic situation was about to improve - it was almost inevitable.In some ways we were relegated twice under him. If people consider the top five or six of the premier league as their own little league then we were up there on the fringes of it. He blew all of that and almost more.Strangely if we had been relegated the first season that Delia and Michael came along I doubt anyone would have blamed them.This is their fault - as it is that of all of the board. But at least some of their tenure has been successful which is why this is all the more difficult to take. Somewhere they took their foot off the pedal and allowed things to slip.Chase - not good enoughWhat we have now - not good enoughWhy have either if neither is good enough. Chase is simply not a choice unless part of a consortium - no one would trust him. Too much money was unaccounted for and even accounted for at the time. Such as £200k spent on security on his villa in Spain I seem to remember.

It was the banks that called time on Chase.Cullum is screwed with his own doings.NCFC he doesn''t need

How fickle are some City supporter''s.

Bloody Chase back, are you bloody mad.

There was a an apparent ''large financial hole'' left when Chase was forced out and it wasn''t all spent on the piece of land behind the old South stand.

Some people have short memories

[quote user="jelltex"]Chase; over my dead body. It killed my Dad last time. He could finish City off.[/quote]

Idiot

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]How fickle are some City supporter''s. Bloody Chase back, are you bloody mad. There was a an apparent ''large financial hole'' left when Chase was forced out and it wasn''t all spent on the piece of land behind the old South stand. Some people have short memories[/quote]

Are you thick?, or just brainwashed?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Insider"]Deliar will leave us in a far worse position than Chase ever had us in.

Chase didnt finish off, we would be far better off with him.

This isnt to say I want Chase back, just think he''s the lesser of 2 evils.
[/quote]

To be honest I would rather we had neither. Robert Chase is an old old man - we could have had continued success in the premiership and had a squad of household names.

For me we were relegated from the premiership under his management at precisely the wrong time - Labour was just around the corner and the economic situation was about to improve - it was almost inevitable.

In some ways we were relegated twice under him. If people consider the top five or six of the premier league as their own little league then we were up there on the fringes of it. He blew all of that and almost more.

Strangely if we had been relegated the first season that Delia and Michael came along I doubt anyone would have blamed them.

This is their fault - as it is that of all of the board. But at least some of their tenure has been successful which is why this is all the more difficult to take. Somewhere they took their foot off the pedal and allowed things to slip.

Chase - not good enough
What we have now - not good enough

Why have either if neither is good enough. Chase is simply not a choice unless part of a consortium - no one would trust him. Too much money was unaccounted for and even accounted for at the time. Such as £200k spent on security on his villa in Spain I seem to remember.
[/quote]

Which part exactly? - you can only be referring to 03/04 (thanks again Carl & Darren). Relegated immediately from the top-flight, & 6th (by the skin of our teeth) being the next highest finish during 13 years of mistakes & incompetance, leading us to 3rd tier football & financial nightmare!

Please inform me of other successful periods of Smiths reign - I am very curious.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

You''re confused, at best.

fas est et ab hoste doceri: It is right to be taught even by an enemy; you may get a hint from the other side.

OTBC

[/quote]

As in learn by their mistakes you fool.

The big problem regarding the Chase issue is that too many on here pontificate about something they have neither experienced nor understand. It is simply "word of mouth" nonsense and a decade of cynical club spin.

Europe and third in the Premier League versus Division Three and a national joke?.....

Mmmmm....tough one that............

I think it''s important to realise Robert Chase was the chairman of this club when football was a very different game to what it is now.

He did a good job for a few years but then it turned sour when the modern game started catching up with his old school syle of management. 

This is a situation we find ourselves in again now where the modern game has overtaken the people running the club and fresh faces and investment are needed.  What is certainly not needed is Bob Chase as I don''t want to have to drive out to Halvergate again to make my feelings known!! 

chase had more up top than people give him credit for .

the man managed to keep us in the top flight or (wba style) close .

we used to buy young talent or come through a good norwich youth policy and sell at a profit  ie chris sutton, ruel fox, dale gordon.

the guy had the right idea but sadly thought of his own pocket before norwich city .

if you could mix delia with chase it could be a nightmare or a dream come true .

peter cullum is a clever man no one can knock a man who has made money through bad times i do feel he would make it his aim to get norwich where it should be, sadly the man wont put his money where his mouth is so he has lost my respect.

i do feel chase and cullum would be a force to be reckoned with , sadly it wont happen and i could not see either of them getting on, they are both too headstrong .

Nah i don''t think you can look at it like that.

It''s not that he doesn''t want to put his money where his mouth is, Delia quite publicly said what the cost was and that was obviously too much, which i agree with. He can''t just pay Delia and reward her for her failure of a business (it is a failure when you look at the books).

What Delia wants and what any businessman would pay, are quite a way apart. I don''t think we will see anything further from Cullum unless Delia initiates the communication which she won''t do as she doesn''t want to lose money on selling this club.

It''s quite simple?

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

I think it''s important to realise Robert Chase was the chairman of this club when football was a very different game to what it is now.

He did a good job for a few years but then it turned sour when the modern game started catching up with his old school syle of management. 

This is a situation we find ourselves in again now where the modern game has overtaken the people running the club and fresh faces and investment are needed.  What is certainly not needed is Bob Chase as I don''t want to have to drive out to Halvergate again to make my feelings known!! 

[/quote]

Not that one again!

When Celtic became the first British club to win the European Cup............

When Manchester Utd lifted the same trophy at Wembley..........

When ITFC won the League Championship, FA Cup & Uefa Cup............

When Brian Clough took Derby & Forest to Championship & European successes............

When WE finished 3rd, 4th & 5th, and made it to 2 FA Cup semi''s, beat Bayern...........

YOU PRESUMABLY HOLD THE OPINION THAT - Football was very different in those days!

It was all so easy back then, under Smith we would have lifted all those trophies we narrowly missed out on under Chase!

Am I right?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Are you BLOODY CHASE Delia out? You certainly are a tw*t![/quote]

You Sir, are the twit!

May I refer you to an excellent ''Cluck'' post. I suspect it is very relevant in your case!:

''The big problem regarding the Chase issue is that too many on here pontificate about something they have neither experienced nor understand. It is simply "word of mouth" nonsense and a decade of cynical club spin.

Europe and third in the Premier League versus Division Three and a national joke?.....

Mmmmm....tough one that............''

Please brush up on FACT as opposed to MYTH, and you may see things differently.

I did live through the Chase era and say that the success that City enjoyed then was despite Chase rather than because of him.

Given the much larger sums involved these days, such financial recklessness that he oversaw would have indeed finished the club off.

He saw himself as bigger and better than the club and it''s fans.

If you really think Chase would be the answer you really didn''t understand the question.

Pity the fool.

[quote user="jelltex"]I did live through the Chase era and say that the success that City enjoyed then was despite Chase rather than because of him. Given the much larger sums involved these days, such financial recklessness that he oversaw would have indeed finished the club off. He saw himself as bigger and better than the club and it''s fans. If you really think Chase would be the answer you really didn''t understand the question. Pity the fool.[/quote]

It is plainly obvious that you lack understanding & are muddled between fact & fiction.

Lest we forget...I too lived through Chase''s era and well remember the anger, frustration and puzzlement at some of his decisions. How could we forget two of our best players being sold by Chase without even telling the Manager at the time?Strangely enough, I also remember a tremendous sense of unity amongst the fans- united by a common hatred of and wish to see Chase removed- and I do sometimes wonder if some of the vitriol on this site is spawned by a hankering after another such unifying campaign.To those who complain about too much money going on off-field activities in the recent past (I agree BTW!), let''s not forget that the same complaint was made against Chase. Some of you might be interested in this http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/chase-sells-out-as-norwich-chairman-1345523.html   as a reminder of what was going on at the time.

So now we have the "different times" chant coming to the fore........Just maybe Robert Chase would have acted differently during these so called "different times"?

It''s a classic case of making an argument hinge on a hypothetical. The fact is....Third in the Premiership, Cup Finals and Semis plus European football (with a quality team on the pitch) against Third Division shame and a public joke of a club.

There is no comparison to make.........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

So now we have the "different times" chant coming to the fore........Just maybe Robert Chase would have acted differently during these so called "different times"?

It''s a classic case of making an argument hinge on a hypothetical. The fact is....Third in the Premiership, Cup Finals and Semis plus European football (with a quality team on the pitch) against Third Division shame and a public joke of a club.

There is no comparison to make.........

[/quote]

Anyone with a modicum of sense would come to the same conclusion.