Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Not to be Trusted!

Trying to bring this thread back on track I have known of the trust since about 2004 and not once have they convinced me that they are anything other than self-publicists.  I have tried to talk to them on a couple of occasions but they seem only in it for getting up cosy to Delia, after they have taken your money!

Lets be honest with the state that NCFC is in at the moment, anyone should be able to sell the idea of building up a holding in NCFC shares in the form of a supporters Trust, yet how many shares do they actually own?  Its laughable really.

At St Andrews hall they should have had leaflets detailing their plans (including a registration form to complete there and then) and a decent speaker on the stage to get at the 500+ people who were all taking their rebates from NCFC so that they could hover up the money and put it straight back into NCFC.  A masssive chance wasted by bad planning.

Even if everyone at that meeting had given £25 of their rebate that would have been £12500 into shares, before those that were there had spoken with their mates etc!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]shame there aren''t a few more like me..........[/quote]Ever thought of becoming a jockey smudger, you have the perfect name for it............

LEICESTER BIGOT[/quote]Ecxellent Lapp! [:D][/quote]or to Yankee and Lapp... BOARD OUT![/quote]

Lol!  Just throw a dead fish to Cranky Yankee[/quote]Do you have to keep carping on about it? [:S]

Ps. PLEASE get rid of that bloody question mark in your username!

[quote user="Ren"]

Trying to bring this thread back on track I have known of the trust since about 2004 and not once have they convinced me that they are anything other than self-publicists.  I have tried to talk to them on a couple of occasions but they seem only in it for getting up cosy to Delia, after they have taken your money!

Lets be honest with the state that NCFC is in at the moment, anyone should be able to sell the idea of building up a holding in NCFC shares in the form of a supporters Trust, yet how many shares do they actually own?  Its laughable really.

At St Andrews hall they should have had leaflets detailing their plans (including a registration form to complete there and then) and a decent speaker on the stage to get at the 500+ people who were all taking their rebates from NCFC so that they could hover up the money and put it straight back into NCFC.  A masssive chance wasted by bad planning.

Even if everyone at that meeting had given £25 of their rebate that would have been £12500 into shares, before those that were there had spoken with their mates etc!

[/quote]

I have mentioned it before........... the average Norwich fan probably spends between 500-1000 quid a year to watch Norwich (season tickets, travel ect ect)

If 25,000 put in 500 quid each (12.5 M) you would have enough to buy the majority shareholding with money left over (I am pretty sure the debts could be renegotiated)

If 25,000 put in 1000  quid each (25 M) you would have the majority shareholding and a warchest to build a monster squad for the Champs let alone LG1 !

I have been called to account:

The aims of the Supporters Trust movement, for that is what it is, is to get democratic involvement of the fans in the running of their football club re AFC Wimbledon through to Barcelona with many stops on the way. A dream but I like it!

To my knowledge there is not a single individual on the current Trust Board with ambitions in that direction.

My "personal" letter to the EDP was my personal view on what was proposed re "making her life unbearable". The Trust comments are in response to the attitudes on many messageboards and not specifically aimed at NCISA. Negativity and insults are easy, informed comment is more difficult when we are not privvy to NCFC Board meetings

The Trusts response to the new CEO was based on contact with Fulham and Celtic Supporters Trusts.

The St Andrews Hall meeting was organised by NCISA, I am not sure how they would have felt if the Trust used it as a recruitment exercise. In all fairness John Tilson invited me on the top table but without the agreement of the whole Trust Board it would have been difficult with the potential of being brought into debates the Trust would prefer to stay out of. Quality of managers, players etc.

Yeah, our shareholding is minute in comparison to some but was greater than that of some previous Directors and is certainly above that required for Associate Director status which was refused by ND because it took so long to achieve it. Maybe the case for supporters trusts has been inadequately sold but not for want of trying. Archant have never shown any interest.

As to whether the Trust is a fans group then possibly not unless the fans share our belief that football and the politics of football are important. When clubs fail it is more often or not the Trust that rides to the rescue.

As for facing in both directions at once, if targeted at myself well great, at least I shall see from what direction the knife is coming!

Anyone wishing to raise issues about the Trust are welcome to e-mail - ncst.sec@ntlworld.com - I will try to reply swiftly and factually.

Why exactly did the Trust feel they had to respond to other fans'' opinions by having a pop at them in the ''appointment of the new Chief Executive?Why not do it before?  IMO all it''s done is stir the shiite further when a

simple statement in the lines of ''drawing a line and moving forward

with a new CE in position''
would have been suffice.

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]I have been called to account: The aims of the Supporters Trust movement, for that is what it is, is to get democratic involvement of the fans in the running of their football club re AFC Wimbledon through to Barcelona with many stops on the way. A dream but I like it! To my knowledge there is not a single individual on the current Trust Board with ambitions in that direction. My "personal" letter to the EDP was my personal view on what was proposed re "making her life unbearable". The Trust comments are in response to the attitudes on many messageboards and not specifically aimed at NCISA. Negativity and insults are easy, informed comment is more difficult when we are not privvy to NCFC Board meetings The Trusts response to the new CEO was based on contact with Fulham and Celtic Supporters Trusts. The St Andrews Hall meeting was organised by NCISA, I am not sure how they would have felt if the Trust used it as a recruitment exercise. In all fairness John Tilson invited me on the top table but without the agreement of the whole Trust Board it would have been difficult with the potential of being brought into debates the Trust would prefer to stay out of. Quality of managers, players etc. Yeah, our shareholding is minute in comparison to some but was greater than that of some previous Directors and is certainly above that required for Associate Director status which was refused by ND because it took so long to achieve it. Maybe the case for supporters trusts has been inadequately sold but not for want of trying. Archant have never shown any interest. As to whether the Trust is a fans group then possibly not unless the fans share our belief that football and the politics of football are important. When clubs fail it is more often or not the Trust that rides to the rescue. As for facing in both directions at once, if targeted at myself well great, at least I shall see from what direction the knife is coming! Anyone wishing to raise issues about the Trust are welcome to e-mail - ncst.sec@ntlworld.com - I will try to reply swiftly and factually.[/quote]

Good post.

I think where some are misguided is that they think that forcing out one regime (because they won''t listen to the fans) is the answer.

The only problem is they get replaced by another regime who still won''t listen because.............cha-ching.......... they put in the money.

The only way a fans group can have a positive influence on the clubs direction is at the boardroom level.

Untill all the fractioned groups get together and pool their small recources into a decent amount they will never have much of an influence.

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"]Why exactly did the Trust feel they had to respond to other fans'' opinions by having a pop at them in the ''appointment of the new Chief Executive?

Why not do it before?  IMO all it''s done is stir the shiite further when a simple statement in the lines of ''drawing a line and moving forward with a new CE in position'' would have been suffice.

[/quote]

Agree totally, in my case all it''s done is make me even more guarded of them

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

I have mentioned it before........... the average Norwich fan probably spends between 500-1000 quid a year to watch Norwich (season tickets, travel ect ect)

If 25,000 put in 500 quid each (12.5 M) you would have enough to buy the majority shareholding with money left over (I am pretty sure the debts could be renegotiated)

If 25,000 put in 1000  quid each (25 M) you would have the majority shareholding and a warchest to build a monster squad for the Champs let alone LG1 !

[/quote]

Are you an average Norwich fan? Are you willing to put in £500 to £1000 quid?....[:|]

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]Maybe the case for supporters trusts has been inadequately sold but not for want of trying.[/quote]Except that the

trust''s website doesn''t even try, on what seems to be its raison

d''etre. All I could find was:

"The Trust and it''s growing shareholding

will ensure that future fans will have a stake in Norwich City Football

Club and a democratic say in it''s future."

Leaving aside the illiteracy (one superfluous apostrophe in a 27-word

sentence might be forgiven, but not two) that counts as (questionable)

assertion rather than argument, and altogether too sketchy.

So, enter a constructive suggestion. Make the case on the website, or at least provide links to other sites that do the job.
I, for one, would be interested.

There''s another long letter from a Tim East NCST member in the EEN tonight.

It starts

'''' The Norwich City Supporters Trust raison d''etra is to buy NCFC shares and have a trust member elected to the board. Then 4th paragraph says '''' At long last the grass roots supporters would have representative on the clubs board and be able to offer advice on terrace opinion. Hopefully Michael Foulger would still match the rebate money which is reclaimed.''''

Then 8th paragraph says ''''once elected the Trust member would have only 1 vote on the board of say 7 members. The letter finishes by saying that if the 18,000 st holders wish to donate their money to the trust send it to etc etc etc.

So a few  questions for Tim East.

1) How many shares do the trust think they''ll  need to have to get a place on the board

2) How would the fans representative be picked?

3) You say hopefully Foulger will match any monies donated to you , but haven''t you asked him yet?

4)What difference do you think a fan can have on the board when Delia holds a 62.5% share

cityangel, thanks for mentioning that letter; I otherwise would not have seen it. And in case anyone thinks I''m Tim East, the "raison d''etre" thing is just a spooky coincidence!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you an average Norwich fan? Are you willing to put in £500 to £1000 quid?....[:|]

[/quote]

(1) No, obviously. But I was a season ticket holder from the early 70''s which is longer than most. If you include airfare I have spent much more than the average fan to attend the few recent games I have been too.

(2) Yes. Absolutely. So my contribution would be above and beyond the hardcore 25,000. As I have said before I already own a number of shares in the club.

If somebody was really clever they could organize a loan system spread over 24 or 36 months for those not able to shell out 500 in one lump sum.

The club would then belong to the fans. And would be totally accountable to the fans.

If people want the club to listen to the fans, this is the only way.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]USAcanary, the problem with acquiring a football club, and this certainly applies to Norwich City, is not the purchase price, with or without some kind of one-off boost, but the running costs for years on end once you bought the pesky thing. Come up with a cunning plan to deal with that and you might have a convert!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

USAcanary, the problem with acquiring a football club, and this certainly applies to Norwich City, is not the purchase price, with or without some kind of one-off boost, but the running costs for years on end once you bought the pesky thing.

Come up with a cunning plan to deal with that and you might have a convert!
[/quote]

You mean Delia and MWJ actually have to fund the club to make up any shortfalls on top of owning it?

Who knew?

According to some people, they think Delia is the evil empire who has been making billions from the club.

In all seriousness........ its unlikley that enough people would contribute to buy the club so the most realistic/next best option is to raise enough money to at least buy a seat on the board.

Again this is the most logical step if you want to influence the running of the club.

Untill the supporters groups get together with THAT common goal they will never have much influence regardless of who owns the club.

You think a Peter Cullum type investor is going to listen to everyone or do things his way. (the clue is he has been successful in life doing things his way!)

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]USAcanary, the problem with acquiring a football club, and this certainly applies to Norwich City, is not the purchase price, with or without some kind of one-off boost, but the running costs for years on end once you bought the pesky thing. Come up with a cunning plan to deal with that and you might have a convert![/quote]

You mean Delia and MWJ actually have to fund the club to make up any shortfalls on top of owning it?

Who knew?

According to some people, they think Delia is the evil empire who has been making billions from the club.

In all seriousness........ its unlikley that enough people would contribute to buy the club so the most realistic/next best option is to raise enough money to at least buy a seat on the board.

Again this is the most logical step if you want to influence the running of the club.

Untill the supporters groups get together with THAT common goal they will never have much influence regardless of who owns the club.

You think a Peter Cullum type investor is going to listen to everyone or do things his way. (the clue is he has been successful in life doing things his way!)

[/quote]I pretty much agree with all of that. The "Who knew?" bit and the serious bit. What I am not convinced about (but willing to be convinced, which is why I think the Trust is missing a trick by not publicising the arguments) is whether a supporter-director would be effective or mere window-dressing. Of course it might depend on who the majority shareholders were.

I do agree USAcanary that all the fans groups need to work together with one common goal which is why they were all invited to the meeting at St Andrews hall which would have given them a platform. Think also you''ll find that NCISA has contacted them all over the past few months on more than one occasion and did not had much response.

Just think if the Trust, NCISA, Kitty and representatives from the various branches all met regularly what a much bigger voice we''d have.

[quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

I would rather give £25 to a down and out on the street to supply him with his next fix than give it to a bunch of devious tits like the Supporters Trust.

Do you really think there would of been many fools out of the 500 or so in St Andrews Hall that night so happy to part with their money???

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha how many of the 25,000 could afford to chip in £1,000 for somebody else to spend on their behalf?

Get a grip on reality will you???

I wonder if with a £25 million war chest we would allow Gunny to spend it for us???

[quote user="Mike Reynolds Trust Secretary"]I have been called to account: The aims of the Supporters Trust movement, for that is what it is, is to get democratic involvement of the fans in the running of their football club re AFC Wimbledon through to Barcelona with many stops on the way. A dream but I like it! To my knowledge there is not a single individual on the current Trust Board with ambitions in that direction. My "personal" letter to the EDP was my personal view on what was proposed re "making her life unbearable". The Trust comments are in response to the attitudes on many messageboards and not specifically aimed at NCISA. Negativity and insults are easy, informed comment is more difficult when we are not privvy to NCFC Board meetings The Trusts response to the new CEO was based on contact with Fulham and Celtic Supporters Trusts. The St Andrews Hall meeting was organised by NCISA, I am not sure how they would have felt if the Trust used it as a recruitment exercise. In all fairness John Tilson invited me on the top table but without the agreement of the whole Trust Board it would have been difficult with the potential of being brought into debates the Trust would prefer to stay out of. Quality of managers, players etc. Yeah, our shareholding is minute in comparison to some but was greater than that of some previous Directors and is certainly above that required for Associate Director status which was refused by ND because it took so long to achieve it. Maybe the case for supporters trusts has been inadequately sold but not for want of trying. Archant have never shown any interest. As to whether the Trust is a fans group then possibly not unless the fans share our belief that football and the politics of football are important. When clubs fail it is more often or not the Trust that rides to the rescue. As for facing in both directions at once, if targeted at myself well great, at least I shall see from what direction the knife is coming! Anyone wishing to raise issues about the Trust are welcome to e-mail - ncst.sec@ntlworld.com - I will try to reply swiftly and factually.[/quote]

So how is this wonderful new CEO of ours going to lead us to promotion when we have no budget to build a squad capable of this and an amatuer manager who has already failed to keep us in the Championship in 19 matches in charge?

Do not forget the size of Celtic in the league they play their football in and that he would of had a very sizeable chequebook with Mr Al Fayed''s name on it during his time at Fulham.

Is it just a coincidence that as Mr Al Fayed stopped signing such large cheques and McNally was no longer working there that Fulham have just had their best season ever?

How are your statements in the press "democratic of the fans"?

The only votes I am aware of that have taken place have been NCISA''s questionnaire just prior to Christmas followed by the votes taken by the 500 at St Andrews Hall.

Have Trust members taken a vote or discussed a plan of action?

If so then please add to what a large number of City fans already know.  Otherwise learn to keep you mouth shut and do no alienate certain fans by claiming that you are acting in a democratic way.

You are making yourselves look rather silly at the moment!

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

(1) No, obviously. But I was a season ticket holder from the early 70''s which is longer than most. If you include airfare I have spent much more than the average fan to attend the few recent games I have been too.

(2) Yes. Absolutely. So my contribution would be above and beyond the hardcore 25,000. As I have said before I already own a number of shares in the club.

If somebody was really clever they could organize a loan system spread over 24 or 36 months for those not able to shell out 500 in one lump sum.

The club would then belong to the fans. And would be totally accountable to the fans.

If people want the club to listen to the fans, this is the only way.

[/quote]

A loan system???

hahaha considering you are not prepared to donate £1,000 and you seem to be a man of reasonable wealth, then how do you suggest that the average Norwich City Fan is going to set up such a loan system??? [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I do agree USAcanary that all the fans groups need to work together with one common goal which is why they were all invited to the meeting at St Andrews hall which would have given them a platform. Think also you''ll find that NCISA has contacted them all over the past few months on more than one occasion and did not had much response.

Just think if the Trust, NCISA, Kitty and representatives from the various branches all met regularly what a much bigger voice we''d have.

[/quote]

Is never going to happen though CA, because you will always have to deal with the bottom lickers brigade who couldn''t see that something was wrong until it painted itself purple, bit them on the nose and danced around singing "something appears to be going slightly awry here!"

The sooner NCISA or another group gets together and pushes for change regardless of the "trouble makers" rubbish that they will get labelled with the better in my opinion.

It is that kind of mental strength in pushing for changes that will be the only thing that brings them about.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hahaha how many of the 25,000 could afford to chip in £1,000 for somebody else to spend on their behalf?

I wonder if with a £25 million war chest we would allow Gunny to spend it for us???

[/quote]

Do you actually read/understand English?

As I already explained the average fan spends 500-1000 every year following Norwich.

Why would it be so amazing that they could afford 1/3 of that per year, spread over 3 years?

They wouldn''t be giving the money for "somone else to spend"

They would OWN the club! You do understand that!

You have heard of a little old club called Barcelona.........?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080903075033AAsFYvM

Lets collect some Smudger factoids..........

(1) Smudger doesn''t want the fans owning/running the club

(2) Smudger doesn''t want Delia/MWJ owning/running the club

(3) Smudger would be happy if Norwich went into admin/liquidation just so Delia can suffer.

And you have the gall to say to me "get a grip on reality"

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

My goodness............. do I detect the proverbial penny is starting to drop!

The problem I detect is too much sniping between the groups and the egos that run them.

All of them have to be much more professional if they want people to hand over money to support them.

They need to be perfectly clear what their agendas and goals are. (just like any political organization)

Until they put all the BS aside and discuss how they can all work together to get representation on the board they will never have any influence.

And its NOTHING to do with Delia, it will be the same with the next owner. It was the same with the previous owners.

Those who think the ultimate goal of getting rid of Delia will solve all the future problems are IMHO misguided.

Those who think getting rid of Delia at ANY COST TO THE CLUB are frankly dangerous. 

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I already explained the average fan spends 500-1000 every year following Norwich.

Why would it be so amazing that they could afford 1/3 of that per year, spread over 3 years?

(3) Smudger would be happy if Norwich went into admin/liquidation just so Delia can suffer.

[/quote]

hahaha you really are a clown aren''t you?

If this little loan system is so easy to set up then why don''t you go and do it then?

Talk from the other side of the Atlantic is cheap!

PS - Who says I don''t want fans owning the club?  Each time a decision is made for all these fans would they really be consulted, or would it purely be a few nobodys like Mike Reynolds pushing papers about and claiming that anybody who questioned what they did were just ''trouble makers'' (rather like just what we have in place under Smith & Jones at the moment)???

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

My goodness............. do I detect the proverbial penny is starting to drop!

The problem I detect is too much sniping between the groups and the egos that run them.

All of them have to be much more professional if they want people to hand over money to support them.

They need to be perfectly clear what their agendas and goals are. (just like any political organization)

Until they put all the BS aside and discuss how they can all work together to get representation on the board they will never have any influence.

And its NOTHING to do with Delia, it will be the same with the next owner. It was the same with the previous owners.

Those who think the ultimate goal of getting rid of Delia will solve all the future problems are IMHO misguided.

Those who think getting rid of Delia at ANY COST TO THE CLUB are frankly dangerous. 

[/quote]

Oh dear, second homes for Trust and NCISA committee holders anybody??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If this little loan system is so easy to set up then why don''t you go and do it then?

PS - Who says I don''t want fans owning the club?  Each time a decision is made for all these fans would they really be consulted, or would it purely be a few nobodys like Mike Reynolds pushing papers about and claiming that anybody who questioned what they did were just ''trouble makers'' (rather like just what we have in place under Smith & Jones at the moment)???

[/quote]

We both have our roles at the Pinkun message board.

I supply facts and logical arguments.

Smudger supplies the nonsensical hate filled personal abuse.

Reminds me of the Robert A. Heinlein  quote "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It''s a waste of time and besides it annoys the pig."

Good luck to you sir, I hope life is as kind to you as it has been to me.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reminds me of the Robert A. Heinlein  quote "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It''s a waste of time and besides it annoys the pig."

[/quote]

You supply the wrong way to follow... the proven method of seeing us lurch from one disaster to another (as proven over the last few years).

Smudger provides the bad tasting medicine that if taken will see NCFC start to pick itself up and move in the right direction once more.

Goodnight [S]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Ren"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You supply the wrong way to follow... the proven method of seeing us lurch from one disaster to another (as proven over the last few years).

Smudger provides the bad tasting medicine that if taken will see NCFC start to pick itself up and move in the right direction once more.

Goodnight [S]

[/quote]

I have no idea what this means?  Or why I am even asking?