Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

New Executive is...

The Board have to be given some credit on this one.

His successes at Celtic and Fulham suggest he would have been a bit out of our league so it''s quite a surprise to find him agreeing to join us. Quite how we''ve afforded him is puzzling but will no doubt be revealed very soon . I suspect there''s some investment waiting in the wings.

At last some ambition before prudence.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

His successes at Celtic and Fulham suggest he would have been a bit out of our league so it''s quite a surprise to find him agreeing to join us. Quite how we''ve afforded him is puzzling but will no doubt be revealed very soon . I suspect there''s some investment waiting in the wings.

[/quote]

Agree with all of that.

sounds good to me. surely better than Doncaster. Looks like he doesn''t mess around, which is what we need.Well done (for once!)

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]

Exactly Mello...Where the hell did they get the money to appoint one of the best cheif execs there is?  I thought we were supposed to be in administration by the 1st July(according to Wiz).
[/quote]

..............Expect Rod Stewart at Carrow Road in the very near future ;-)

[/quote]

I know he was an apprentice at Brentford back in the early ''60''s but isn''t he now a little bit too old .........even for us ?

While I''m normally a glass half full type of guy...... I fear he will clash with Smith quite quickly and become frustrated by the lack of will to move the club forward to any degree.

Doncaster neither made nor broke the state of the club on his own.... so to expect anything radical would be unwise. We still have Smith and Jones in seige mode.... and just as worrying we''ve got Thomas The Tank Engine in the managers seat. Uninspiring to say the least.

He may have been star struck by our celebrity matriarch.... but working with her will be something different. Fayad had money to support him at Fulham..... not so here.

In the interview on itv news didn''t he say something about being careful in spending (not those exact words) but with his contacts in the big business world lets hope he can attract investment. Ms. Smith is also starting a new tv series and book maybe that is financing the new exec. However they are doing it, looks like a top appiontment at last,

Did anyone notice the quote from said ms Smith when answering did she think of leaving the club on relegation, she laughed and said "No, I''m batty"   So it''s official.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

While I''m normally a glass half full type of guy......

[/quote]As my teenage daughter has taught me... LMFAO!!!! [:D] Respect to Cluck

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Yes, indeed this appears to be an excellent appointment. So excellent, in fact, that I almost question whether the trout and hubby were actually involved in the decision making. Still, give them credit for this one. 

Surely pretty much what we needed. No chance of any bad comments from fans of previous clubs. I do have to say that I think that the board have got this one right. No ifs, no buts. Spots on. It also seems like the fans can take some of the credit for this as it was the fan base for a League 1 club that helped him make the decision.

OTBC!!

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Yes, indeed this appears to be an excellent appointment. So excellent, in fact, that I almost question whether the trout and hubby were actually involved in the decision making. Still, give them credit for this one. 

[/quote]

Errrrmm......?

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="LQ"]He''s also got the nicest voice I''ve heard for a while.

Sort of soft, yet forceful. Dominating and in control. You can''t underestimate little details like this in negotiations.

Well, that''s how it came across on the radio anyway!

[/quote]

Good god woman - get a grip ! You''ll be chucking him yer hanky next !
[/quote]

Hanky? Hanky? Good god man - you''re out of date!!

OTBC

Going purely by what I''ve read of him, sounds like an excellent appointment.  He''s got that one thing that Doomcaster lacked - experience and football knowledge.  He''s been in the business some time, will have an extensive contact list and could bring something new and interesting to the club.And 7 pages of posts without a single overtly negative post regarding the man... even though Cluck still managed to get in a little Delia dig, just to keep up appearances... strange that we''ve not heard from Smudger/Loan City/NO Gunn, etc.......Incidentally, there seems to be some nudges and winks between Wiz and WAY right now, do they know something we don''t? Private messages with any info would be appreciated, WAY.... [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]
Incidentally, there seems to be some nudges and winks between Wiz and WAY right now, do they know something we don''t? Private messages with any info would be appreciated, WAY.... [;)]
[/quote]

When they first started this I thought it was amusing but now it''s just getting tiresome. They obviously do not know anything, and even if they did they are not prepared to share it so why don''t they just shut it? I suspect they may be playing some kind of game.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]While I''m normally a glass half full type of guy...... [/quote]

By some distance the funniest thing I''ve read on this forum since that comment about Hartson being bigger than the club.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Incidentally, there seems to be some nudges and winks between Wiz and WAY right now, do they know something we don''t? Private messages with any info would be appreciated, WAY.... [;)][/quote]

When they first started this I thought it was amusing but now it''s just getting tiresome. They obviously do not know anything, and even if they did they are not prepared to share it so why don''t they just shut it? I suspect they may be playing some kind of game.

[/quote]Aw wont they let you play with their ball Mange Tout?[:(]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]
Incidentally, there seems to be some nudges and winks between Wiz and WAY right now, do they know something we don''t? Private messages with any info would be appreciated, WAY.... [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not prepared to share PRIVATE messages with this message board just to keep you happy. Information has come our way, and I will not break a confidence with WAY just to prove my integrity, to you or anyone else.

This quote is the best piece of news to come out of CR for ages:

“Clearly promotion from League One is essential - everyone in the football club needs to be focused on getting us back to the Championship.

“Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in and I sense I''m not alone in that. Of course, no team has a divine right to promotion from any division but the fact remains that the size of the club and its support demands a positive attitude and a commitment to promotion as the objective. It''s about sheer hard work from everyone at the club. That is what will give us the best chance of achieving the objective we all share.”

Obviously it''s just words, but the words are so much better than "We''re going to assemble a squad to compete in League One" or "Bryan deserves a chance with his own squad".

Straw-clutching maybe, but perhaps the first signs that the worst might at last be over?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]This quote is the best piece of news to come out of CR for ages:

“Clearly promotion from League One is essential - everyone in the football club needs to be focused on getting us back to the Championship.

“Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in and I sense I''m not alone in that. Of course, no team has a divine right to promotion from any division but the fact remains that the size of the club and its support demands a positive attitude and a commitment to promotion as the objective. It''s about sheer hard work from everyone at the club. That is what will give us the best chance of achieving the objective we all share.”

Obviously it''s just words, but the words are so much better than "We''re going to assemble a squad to compete in League One" or "Bryan deserves a chance with his own squad".

Straw-clutching maybe, but perhaps the first signs that the worst might at last be over?[/quote]Quite right Robert shorten it down to just ''Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in'' and the guy is speaking my language. Consolidation is what we should have attempted when we reached the Prem not the flippin'' third division.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I am not prepared to share PRIVATE messages with this message board just to keep you happy. Information has come our way, and I will not break a confidence with WAY just to prove my integrity, to you or anyone else.

[/quote]That''s why I asked WAY to pm me, Wiz.... [;)]

I know Beausant thinks there a fairies attached to my tales but when I was prodding a certain far eastern investor, I knew he was good mates with a certain owner of a shop in South Ken, or wherever it is. Anyway, they have done some small land deals together, one bought a helicopter off the other, etc. Mates stuff. But I was invited to make a call to Craven Cottage and had a nice chat with a Mr. McNally.

Fortunately, I kept his mobile phone number and when I learnt that we were in the field for a new CEO, well modesty begs me to say no more.

I will say, however, there is much more to come. The sticking point is that old chesnut, share valuation.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]I know Beausant thinks there a fairies attached to my tales but when I was prodding a certain far eastern investor, I knew he was good mates with a certain owner of a shop in South Ken, or wherever it is. Anyway, they have done some small land deals together, one bought a helicopter off the other, etc. Mates stuff. But I was invited to make a call to Craven Cottage and had a nice chat with a Mr. McNally. Fortunately, I kept his mobile phone number and when I learnt that we were in the field for a new CEO, well modesty begs me to say no more. I will say, however, there is much more to come. The sticking point is that old chesnut, share valuation.[/quote]

Ha ha ha, ''Prodding a far eastern investor''....... sorry, sleep deprivation, and immaturity.... I will stop now...... fail *taxi for me*

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Going purely by what I''ve read of him, sounds like an excellent appointment.  He''s got that one thing that Doomcaster lacked - experience and football knowledge.  He''s been in the business some time, will have an extensive contact list and could bring something new and interesting to the club.And 7 pages of posts without a single overtly negative post regarding the man... even though Cluck still managed to get in a little Delia dig, just to keep up appearances... strange that we''ve not heard from Smudger/Loan City/NO Gunn, etc.......Incidentally, there seems to be some nudges and winks between Wiz and WAY right now, do they know something we don''t? Private messages with any info would be appreciated, WAY.... [;)][/quote]You evidently missed Smudger''s input then:

"Are there many FACTS in the article then?

Running my eye briefly over it then it appears to be no more than a

little bit of spin and the views of Doomys cheaper replacement.

Is he actually any cheaper?  If so then HOW MUCH so?

The answers to these two questions are the only facts worth knowing

at this point, because obviously just like Doomy he has no real say in

what happens at the club.  He is just another monkey employed by our

wonderful majority shareholders."

He also referred to McNally as "just another pen-pusher", but I coudn''t find it.I suppose Smudger is at least consistent.

Mr McNally as I understand, has the necessary experience and credentials with his astute business nous, including the required football knowledge, having achieved positive results in his previous positions at Celtic and Fulham.

I''m therefore optimistic, that he can contribute greatly into improving both the ''alleged'' dire club finances - and ultimately, the quality of the core product which is football.....But, this will obviously only be achieved, with the 100% backing and full assistance from the NCFC board.....If he is unable to achieve those targets (having been a success during his tenure at Celtic and Fulham)....Will it be down to him....or from somewhere else within NCFC?

I''m led to believe that the ''Turner Two'' also ''attempted'' to make changes for the better....    

[quote user="yellow hammer"]I know Beausant thinks there a fairies attached to my tales but when I was prodding a certain far eastern investor, I knew he was good mates with a certain owner of a shop in South Ken, or wherever it is. Anyway, they have done some small land deals together, one bought a helicopter off the other, etc. Mates stuff. But I was invited to make a call to Craven Cottage and had a nice chat with a Mr. McNally. Fortunately, I kept his mobile phone number and when I learnt that we were in the field for a new CEO, well modesty begs me to say no more. I will say, however, there is much more to come. The sticking point is that old chesnut, share valuation.[/quote]

Thanks Yellowhammer - I remember that thread well. I believed you then and no reason to change my mind now.