Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

New Executive is...

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]

Exactly Mello...Where the hell did they get the money to appoint one of the best cheif execs there is?  I thought we were supposed to be in administration by the 1st July(according to Wiz).
[/quote]

lol all the pieces will come together soon and you''ll get your answers

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]He will more than earn the money, that article reckons he doubled Celtics'' off-field income in a season - or summing.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]He will more than earn the money, that article reckons he doubled Celtics'' off-field income in a season - or summing.[/quote]Errr - make that 4 seasons.Still - he doubled it.

[quote user="pennywise "]its all  very well but will he respond to our emails ? [:D][/quote]

If he does, it''s a perfect appointment [:D].

I''m delighted at the sound of our new chief executive. Yes, only by the sounds of his track record - but that''s enough for me. Seems to have worked wonders at Fulham and indeed Celtic and I hope he can continue his magic for us [Y]

And to Mello and Inch_high''s point. Yes it is odd how we can afford one of the best cheif executives around. But surely that puts a much needed positive stance on our finances, rather than the all too often claims that we''re ''close to administration''. Really pleased [:)]

Michael Wynn Jones told First News:  "A Chief Executive has to be an

administrator because they''re running a company, and they have to have

a sound knowledge of football.''''I''m slightly worried....

Not cheap - but maybe thats why we need Bryan as manager to fund the CE? [;)]

[quote user="CT "]Michael Wynn Jones told First News:  "A Chief Executive has to be an administrator because they''re running a company, and they have to have a sound knowledge of football.''''

I''m slightly worried....
[/quote]

I don''t think he means ''that'' kind of administrator lol

Surprised yet very pleased by the news. My new housemate is actually a Rangers fan but even he thinks it''s a good appointment for us considering some of the stuff he did for Celtic, i.e increasing their off-field profit. Time will tell how he gets on, but how refreshing is it to see some proper ambition by our board for a change? Forgive me for getting ahead of myself, but as our playing squad takes shape a bit more I can see next season being far more positive for us than what I had previously envisioned. Good luck to the fella, I really hope it pays off.Delia did indeed look disinterested like a student in a lecture or something (I should know!), I was amazed by her negative body language. I also like how when McNally was pressed about the money issue he didn''t come up with some rubbish story about how there''s enough money there, he was refreshingly honest. Good man, I already worship him compared to Doncaster.

[quote user="CT "]Michael Wynn Jones told First News:  "A Chief Executive has to be an administrator because they''re running a company, and they have to have a sound knowledge of football.''''

I''m slightly worried....
[/quote]

First News is a kids newspaper you muppet, they were putting it in laymans terms, of course a chief exec has to be an administrator..... who do you think deals with player registrations and contracts? Those tasks fall within admin, so does answering bloody emails!

Just got back home having had a chance to reflect on the McNally appointment.The more I think about it, the more pleased I am. Not only has this guy got a first rate football pedigree, but he has an excellent business grounding too. It really would be difficult to think of anyone (realistically available) who would better fit our needs.I''m not too bothered about the fact that he''s not on the Board- I imagine that will come when he''s proved himself- but, with his background, he clearly would not have accepted the position if he didn''t believe he would have real decision making authority. I also suspect that he would have wanted the complete run-down on finances before committing himself, which suggests that all is not complete doom and gloom.The only thing that remains now (apart from a couple of Directors with a pile of cash!) is to decide on what his nickname is going to be....

This would e the more positive bit of the quote surely:and they have to have

a sound knowledge of football.....[quote user="CT "]Michael Wynn Jones told First News:  "A Chief Executive has to be an

administrator because they''re running a company, and they have to have

a sound knowledge of football.''''I''m slightly worried....[/quote]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]

Exactly Mello...Where the hell did they get the money to appoint one of the best cheif execs there is?  I thought we were supposed to be in administration by the 1st July(according to Wiz).
[/quote]

Sounds to me like he is going to pay for himself Inch High. He doubled off field income at two clubs, an he will be expected to do it here.

Expect Rod Stewart at Carrow Road in the very near future ;-)

Lets face it, this is a decent appointment for a Chief Exec, experienced, has already said he wants out of League One, and by all accounts is his own man.Lets face it only the morons on here are desperately trying to find fault with this appointment.

I''m trying to get excited about this honestly but I can''t help feeling that the day I have to try and feign excitement about a Chief Exec might just be the day I finish bothering with football. Some of the reaction here today would make you think that yesterdays Ronaldo story contained a typo and he was actually joining us.

I guess that''s modern day football for you though [N][:''(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]

He will more than earn the money, that article reckons he doubled Celtics'' off-field income in a season - or summing.
[/quote]Did they win anything when he was there?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]He will more than earn the money, that article reckons he doubled Celtics'' off-field income in a season - or summing.[/quote]Did they win anything when he was there?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]His term was 2001 to 2005 so some/all of these are in his time depending on exact arrival and leaving dates:They won: League titles in 2001, 2002, 2004Scottish Cup in 2001, 2004 and 2005.

Very good appointment, done a fantastic job at Celtic and Fulham, let''s hope he can make a real difference at our club too.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Video here:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED12%20Jun%202009%2009%3A40%3A27%3A227

[/quote]Great, now LQ can tell us all how dominant and forceful yet soft he looks aswell ! [:p][/quote]You sod!I was making an important point about business psychology![:P]

As already stated this guy has a very impressive CV and will not have come cheaply. I know you have to speculate to accumulate, but in our present financial predicament I can`t help but think that this appointment may well have been sanctioned by potential new owners and / or new investors. Or am I putting 2 and 2 together????

[quote user="Mutley"]As already stated this guy has a very impressive CV and will not have come cheaply. I know you have to speculate to accumulate, but in our present financial predicament I can`t help but think that this appointment may well have been sanctioned by potential new owners and / or new investors. Or am I putting 2 and 2 together????[/quote]

I thought the same when I heard the news that Doncaster and Munby had stepped down, but I also find it hard to believe that a deal could be going on behind the scenes without it sliping out somehow after all this time. We can dream though I suppose.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

Is it me or does Delia and co look fairly disinterested? Why have I got a feeling this appointment was not there choice?

On the other hand, maybe it is just wishful thinking!!!

[/quote]

Delia''s ''press conference chops''.....

Based only on his previous appointments and positions both at clubs and large positions, he seems like a very good appointment. Well to Norwich David.

If Gilly is as good as Exeter make him out to be (and from videos and their forum I have no reason to think he won''t be) then that will be a good signing for the pitch and a good appointment off it. Right now, things seem to be looking up.