Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

New Executive is...

[quote user="Romantic"]“Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in and I sense I''m not alone in that. Of course, no team has a divine right to promotion from any division but the fact remains that the size of the club and its support demands a positive attitude and a commitment to promotion as the objective. It''s about sheer hard work from everyone at the club. That is what will give us the best chance of achieving the objective we all share.” Stating the obvious here of course but it''s the first time we''ve heard such aggressive rhetoric and I''m pleased. The key point is that the Chief Exec has a lot of responsibilities, not least the frontal attitude of the club as regards financing, spending and approaching staff. A dynamic personality is key here. I hope he gets on well. The other point is that whilst our incumbent directorship seems likely to remain for the near future we require someone in the role who can squeeze the best out of our resources. Something he''s able to do. Now I''m bracing myself for some ill informed, knee jerk, agenda led negative comments by those who see this as a forum for direct oppositio to everything that happens at NCFC. Good luck to the guy, he clearly sees some potential for something good to happen here.[/quote]

Why do you feel it necessary to make this kind of barbed comments Romantic, if anything it is you are appear to be wanting to whip up some negative stuff.

I have always (and still am) firmly in The Cook Out camp but I readily acknowledge and applaud what SEEMS to be a good appointment particularly as he has strong previous experience of working at professional clubs and that is a major improvement on the predecessor and that Cooper guy who was Chairman 10 years ago! Lets not get carried away though, the new board appointments will, arguably, be just as important and perhaps more so if they bring funding with them and, lets face it, at the moment it''s still The Stowmarket Two who call the shots.  

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]I suppose I''m being a bit ignorant here but can someone tell me why everyone is so happy with the appointment? What significant things has he achieved in the past. If I''m being honest I''ve never heard of him lol![/quote]He settled Fulham and Celtic, has many connections in the game and many financial connections outside of it. The key point is that he''s an ''expert'' in this field and not an internal promotion or someone who has a limited understanding of footy. Looks good so fingers crossed.

[quote user="Hamster"]

my previous post was meant to be in reply to 1st Wiz''s last post... Doh

[/quote]

Aaahhh is this how it works ?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Romantic"]“Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in and I sense I''m not alone in that. Of course, no team has a divine right to promotion from any division but the fact remains that the size of the club and its support demands a positive attitude and a commitment to promotion as the objective. It''s about sheer hard work from everyone at the club. That is what will give us the best chance of achieving the objective we all share.” Stating the obvious here of course but it''s the first time we''ve heard such aggressive rhetoric and I''m pleased. The key point is that the Chief Exec has a lot of responsibilities, not least the frontal attitude of the club as regards financing, spending and approaching staff. A dynamic personality is key here. I hope he gets on well. The other point is that whilst our incumbent directorship seems likely to remain for the near future we require someone in the role who can squeeze the best out of our resources. Something he''s able to do. Now I''m bracing myself for some ill informed, knee jerk, agenda led negative comments by those who see this as a forum for direct oppositio to everything that happens at NCFC. Good luck to the guy, he clearly sees some potential for something good to happen here.[/quote]

Why do you feel it necessary to make this kind of barbed comments Romantic, if anything it is you are appear to be wanting to whip up some negative stuff.

I have always (and still am) firmly in The Cook Out camp but I readily acknowledge and applaud what SEEMS to be a good appointment particularly as he has strong previous experience of working at professional clubs and that is a major improvement on the predecessor and that Cooper guy who was Chairman 10 years ago! Lets not get carried away though, the new board appointments will, arguably, be just as important and perhaps more so if they bring funding with them and, lets face it, at the moment it''s still The Stowmarket Two who call the shots.  

[/quote]Honestly not intended to be barbed comments Yellow Rider. Just a little weary of the diatribe on here of late. I think what I was trying to do was be positive but to guard against a tirade of abuse I may get for that. It seems like a good appointment and his comments are already more progressive than we''re used to of late so here''s hoping he can do something at the club.

This line alone is the most positive thing to come out of spin city in years:"Consolidation for a season is not something I would be interested in...."

A few months ago, them down the road were reluctantly applauded by members of this message board following the appointment of their Chief Exec.

Now, I think we''ve managed to trump them. No, he''s not been involved in the Olympics, but he''s been at some big clubs doing important jobs. Very, very encouraging indeed.

I am also very happy about this news, even though I must admit I have never heard of him! For me he ticks all the right boxes, something Mr Doncaster could never manage.

But more importantly lets move on to this news about new Directors.......

Good appointment from what I''m reading?I don''t know how most of you have heard of him though? [:S]

He''s also got the nicest voice I''ve heard for a while.Sort of soft, yet forceful. Dominating and in control. You can''t underestimate little details like this in negotiations.Well, that''s how it came across on the radio anyway!

[quote user="LQ"]He''s also got the nicest voice I''ve heard for a while.Sort of soft, yet forceful. Dominating and in control. You can''t underestimate little details like this in negotiations.Well, that''s how it came across on the radio anyway!

[/quote]Good god woman - get a grip ! You''ll be chucking him yer hanky next !

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="LQ"]He''s also got the nicest voice I''ve heard for a while.Sort of soft, yet forceful. Dominating and in control. You can''t underestimate little details like this in negotiations.Well, that''s how it came across on the radio anyway!

[/quote]Good god woman - get a grip ! You''ll be chucking him yer hanky next ![/quote]Hitler had that effect on women[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="LQ"]He''s also got the nicest voice I''ve heard for a while.Sort of soft, yet forceful. Dominating and in control. You can''t underestimate little details like this in negotiations.Well, that''s how it came across on the radio anyway!

[/quote]Good god woman - get a grip ! You''ll be chucking him yer hanky next ![/quote]I gather LQ got hit by some friendly fire the other day and needed emergency treatment, so she may still be a bit woozy from the anaesthetic. Well, that''s one explanation. The real question is not how McNally''s voice sounds but the colour of his emails - a Celtic green, a Fulham black, or a Doncaster blue, just as a kind of post-modernist joke to remind people?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]Surely we would have been better off hiring Smudger as Chief Exec and spending the wage difference on a nice new kitchen?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Could be an excellent appointment......Bet he don''t come cheap.....[;)][/quote]Exactly Mello...Where the hell did they get the money to appoint one of the best cheif execs there is?  I thought we were supposed to be in administration by the 1st July(according to Wiz).