Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Why do so many of you want administration?

I really cannot get my head round this one?

It now looks likely that investment is coming into the club.

Delia has made mistakes but this certainly does not make her a bad person, she is passionate about our club and the appointment of the new CEO looks to be a sound decision. If the new board members control the club better then i would be happy.

Gunny''s appointment is not one that we all like but i still think that Crook and Butterworth will have what it take''s to get us out of League 1.

Surely this must be better than administration????

Discuss.................

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I really cannot get my head round this one? It now looks likely that investment is coming into the club. Delia has made mistakes but this certainly does not make her a bad person, she is passionate about our club and the appointment of the new CEO looks to be a sound decision. If the new board members control the club better then i would be happy. Gunny''s appointment is not one that we all like but i still think that Crook and Butterworth will have what it take''s to get us out of League 1. Surely this must be better than administration???? Discuss.................[/quote]

Yes, this forum is inundated with a plethora of "We demand administration!" posts.....

i think alot of people see it as (when not if) due to how much the debt has increased over the last few years .

long term many see it as the answer to our problems and the we need to start again .

if norwich are forced into administration then delia would be forced out and someone could come in and buy the club on the cheap but if no one did that would concern me more as this football club would be a thing of the past .

Only an idiot would want admin, the effect on the club and local businesses would be catastrophic, but some people on here won''t be happy until it happens.

[quote user="supercol"]Only an idiot would want admin, the effect on the club and local businesses would be catastrophic, but some people on here won''t be happy until it happens.[/quote]

I agree.

Should an announcement be made tomorrow stating that we have gone in to administration I think I would be more gutted than when we relegated, and I''ve just got over that!

Be very careful of what you wish for....I really can''t believe that any true fan could possibly wish to see us go down the administration route. In fairness, there was a time, before points deductions etc. when a few clubs (some quite close to home) appeared to lose their debt burden for very little consequence- apart from the plethora of small local creditors sent to the wall or forced to hang on by their fingertips of course-. Funnily enough, the effect can be worse if you own your ground as you then have a realisable asset which could, in theory, be sold on for other purposes to maximise return for the creditors. The consequences now, with deductions, transfer bans etc. are far worse and I believe it will not be long before we see at least one League club forced into liquidation.At the risk of attracting the usual insults, I don''t actually care who owns the club providing they understand that football has to be the main focus and everything else is peripheral. I think DS and MW-J have learned a painful lesson over the last few years but the signs now, with the CEO appointment and the noises coming out of CR are that they HAVE learnt it. If McNally is given the power to do what needs to be done and, if as promised, we get new directors and new investment then I for one will be reasonably optimistic that we can turn round our fortunes on the field.Yes, DS and MW-J and co. have made mistakes and need to take a back seat now but, despite all the encouragement, I find it difficult to hate them or wish to see them ground into the dirt for their sins which largely amount to being too amateurish for their own or the club''s good.PS No, I don''t work for the club, am not related to the shareholders or a binner.

Excellent post.. hopefully things are stirring at Carrow Road ( now sitting back and waiting for Smudger and First Wizard to rubbish everything)

Hopefully things are stirring ? in what way , this Board has what it wants now 18,000 season tickets , a squad of cheap players on low wages , a management team that nods in agreement like those dogs you used to see in the back of cars . Last thing anybody at this club will want is promotion , if administration would get rid of the cook i would grasp it with both hands , the woman is an embarrassment to football .

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I really cannot get my head round this one? It now looks likely that investment is coming into the club. Delia has made mistakes but this certainly does not make her a bad person, she is passionate about our club and the appointment of the new CEO looks to be a sound decision. If the new board members control the club better then i would be happy. Gunny''s appointment is not one that we all like but i still think that Crook and Butterworth will have what it take''s to get us out of League 1. Surely this must be better than administration???? Discuss.................[/quote]

So where are all the people who want administration, I don''t know any??

I think the very select group of people who want administration are under the assumption that the current board will automatically go, the rubbish players will be sold off, the debt will be cleared, Peter Cullum will ride in on a white steed and the latest batch of academy players will all be brilliant.

Of all these, the only thing that will happen, in all likelihood, is the debt being cleared although this will come at the expense of a ten point deduction and lots of local businesses going bankrupt

Administration would not neccessarily mean the end of DS and MWJ.Leeds went into administration and came out of it under Ken Bates, he just used it to re-finance and re-structure the clubs debts and remained in charge.I wish it was as easy as going to admin, all debts paid and sorted, new money, new people, off we go again all lean and mean!! Which is what some -not all!!-posters seem to think. It might well mean we lose the ground-and if it has to be sold, whose to stop someone like Tesco''s buying it with plans for a superstore on the site, neither the ground -or Colney-would go up for sale with some sort of "guarantee" that whoever buys the ground/land etc has to let the football club still use it! The sort of people who would come along and cherry pick the assets of a football club in administration won''t give a shit about that football club, believe me! (look at Wrexham and what has been happening to them).Leeds again, they sold their training complex at Thorpe Arch when they went into admin, they have until, I think, the end of this year to buy it back-under the sale agreement-at a pre-determined price (one which naturally sees the company that bought make a nice fat profit!) else the whole area becomes a free for all, and anyone could buy it, including housing developers.Sooner or later, a "middling" club is going to go into administration and go out of business permanently. It happened in this league with Maidstone United, it has happened in Scotland with Gretna. We don''t want our club to be the one slightly up the chain to be the first of that type to go.

With Smith clinging on for grim death I can''t see it happening just yet.... but after another dire season next term it would be on the cards I''m afraid.

I hope she is proud of herself..........

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1719342/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"] It now looks likely that investment is coming into the club.[/quote]

Did i miss something? We have investment coming in?

Delia C.B.E. would never allow the club to go into administration as her reputation would be in tatters if she could not pay her suppliers.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Delia C.B.E. would never allow the club to go into administration as her reputation would be in tatters if she could not pay her suppliers.[/quote]

Forgive me David but i would have thought that whether we go into administration or not would lay in the hands of our creditors and could not be dictated by Delia.

Her reputation may be high with those that frequent the kitchen but in the world of football i think that is a different matter.

Til. I think the point being made is that Delia would not allow the Club to go into administration because it would ruin her reputation.Of course she can prevent the club going into administration. She just has to put more money into the coffers- either her own money(as she has several times before)  or new external investment  and make sure the Club sticks to its payment terms. QED, creditors are happy and no administration.

I personally believe that some peoples obsession with the hatred of Delia or Delias failure is actually somewhat disturbing and creepy.

Its all very personal.

On a positive note I was personally pleased that David McNally came out and said that all our efforts should be focused on getting promotion at the first attempt.

Some of our fans seem to losing sight of the big picture.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

cluck, smudge, wiz and loan city.... the four horsemen. Do you really not know them?

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I personally believe that some peoples obsession with the hatred of Delia or Delias failure is actually somewhat disturbing and creepy.

Its all very personal.

On a positive note I was personally pleased that David McNally came out and said that all our efforts should be focused on getting promotion at the first attempt.

[/quote]What David McNally says quite frankly isn''t worth a w@nk.   Gunn runs the team,  it''ll be down to him whether we go up or not whatever budget it is.  McNally''s job as CE is to raise the cash flow.

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Its all very personal.

[/quote]

What David McNally says quite frankly isn''t worth a w@nk.   Gunn runs the team,  it''ll be down to him whether we go up or not whatever budget it is.  McNally''s job as CE is to raise the cash flow.
[/quote]

I don''t understand what you are trying to say?

Are you saying that The board and executive management will play NO part in how successful we are on the pitch going forward?

If you believe that then surely you must also believe that they played no part in our failures too..................

Oh........

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Its all very personal.

[/quote]What David McNally says quite frankly isn''t worth a w@nk.   Gunn runs the team,  it''ll be down to him whether we go up or not whatever budget it is.  McNally''s job as CE is to raise the cash flow.[/quote]

I don''t understand what you are trying to say?

Are you saying that The board and executive management will play NO part in how successful we are on the pitch going forward?

If you believe that then surely you must also believe that they played no part in our failures too..................

Oh........

[/quote]I''m saying exactly what I said.  The CE can say what he likes to the fans about promotion,  it''s just lip service to get the fans rallied again.  What does actually matter is,  what Gunn actually do himself and what Delia has told the new CE what she expects from him, and imo that''ll be more about off field activities, like raising cash.I''m not talking about accountability of past balls ups, with a board shuffle and a new CE  it''s about how we do from now on.  Whether we plough forward or go jugs up.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You know me CA... theres one... [;)]

I think if it meant that we got shot of the cook and Cullum or somebody else of his ilk came in that you would be more than happy with it too.

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"] It now looks likely that investment is coming into the club.[/quote]

Did i miss something? We have investment coming in?

[/quote]

hahaha what a new CEO who will be investing nothing and being paid a handsome salary (just like the one we have got shot of) and a couple of Fougler''s friends who will be lucky to put enough together to sign one average player with a broken leg (even at this level).

When are idiots like you going to realise that whatever changes are made NCFC is well and truly screwed under Smith & Wynn Jones?  [:$]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Its all very personal.

[/quote]

hahaha not as creepy as your personal obsession with the destruction of NCFC with your support of the lying duo that have all but crippled our club from the other side of the Atlantic... [:$]

[quote user="The Fuehrer with a Pound Shop Keyboard"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Its all very personal.

[/quote]

What David McNally says quite frankly isn''t worth a w@nk.   Gunn runs the team,  it''ll be down to him whether we go up or not whatever budget it is.  McNally''s job as CE is to raise the cash flow.
[/quote]

Err NO... it will also be down to the clowns who gave Gunny the managers job and who will be giving him a budget fit for an under 12''s 5-a-side team also.... oh and lets not forget all of the fools that are sitting in silence still prepared to back those who have proven time and time again that they are not to be trusted.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

I agree completely, it scares me sometimes how aggressive a few people get towards here. We are supposed to be one of the most developed countries in the world, yet people like Smudger would see us perform some sort of third world sacrifice and would jeer and cheer if she was hanged from the castle.  She has made some bad decisions, so its fine to criticise, but there is a significant difference between the perfectly acceptable dislike and distrust and the almost pyschopathic campaign of hate that is directed towards them.

For the record I myself have no confidence in the current board room set up, but I also appreciate that there is no apparent alternative, so am prepared to continue to support the playing and coaching staff in the hope that Delia and MWJ''s future actions will give me more confidence in their leadership.