Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Very good news

[quote user="NXCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

He wasn''t particularly injury prone throughout his career, so assuming this injury (which was a nasty one) is properly healed theres a good chance he''ll have a solid season for us.
[/quote]

One would like to think so [:)]

[/quote]

He is 34 though and it''s a pretty bad one to come back from at any age, I did my ACL at 16 playing rugby and it will never fully heal so it may be that he''s useless next season. Still it''s great to see that there''s at least one player of quality who actually wants to play for this club, there''s been precious little noise coming from people like Clingan or Russell saying how keen they are to help us fight our way back into the championship. Of course for him another years worth of wages before he retires will be helpful so it''s in his interests to try and keep on going regardless, however if it means we get a fomerly premiership quality defender to mentor Spillane and our other youngsters then it should be worth the outlay.

[/quote]

Yes I agree totally, also did my ACL 5 years ago and it still gives me hell every now and then.  I am sure with his determination and knowledge he will make a great contribution to the squad.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NXCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

He wasn''t particularly injury prone throughout his career, so assuming this injury (which was a nasty one) is properly healed theres a good chance he''ll have a solid season for us.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He is 34 though and it''s a pretty bad one to come back from at any age, I did my ACL at 16 playing rugby and it will never fully heal so it may be that he''s useless next season. Still it''s great to see that there''s at least one player of quality who actually wants to play for this club, there''s been precious little noise coming from people like Clingan or Russell saying how keen they are to help us fight our way back into the championship. Of course for him another years worth of wages before he retires will be helpful so it''s in his interests to try and keep on going regardless, however if it means we get a fomerly premiership quality defender to mentor Spillane and our other youngsters then it should be worth the outlay.

[/quote]

Yes I agree totally, also did my ACL 5 years ago and it still gives me hell every now and then.  I am sure with his determination and knowledge he will make a great contribution to the squad.

[/quote]

Most painful experience of my life, not counting the events of 3rd May 2009!

[quote user="NXCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NXCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Most painful experience of my life, not counting the events of 3rd May 2009!

[/quote]

Got to agree there, I think the pain was worse with that than when I broke my ankle

Sorry, but I''m partially with Wizard on this one. It''s not exactly like anybody else wants to take a chance on a knackered 34 year old. Still, I''m pleased he''s up for it and if nothing else he should be comfortable in the third tier. As another poster said, the next priority should definately be a keeper.