Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Very good news

I hope he''s on less money this season.  If not I''d be surprised if he wasn''t sold before the end of August, after a few games have proven his fitness. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope he''s on less money this season.  If not I''d be surprised if he wasn''t sold before the end of August, after a few games have proven his fitness. 
[/quote]

He is...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED11%20Jun%202009%2009%3A50%3A05%3A537

[quote user="yorkcanary"]Very Promising to hear hat he wants to stay to help NCFC next season !!![/quote]

Or, he''s had a terrible injury and no one wants him!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope he''s on less money this season.  If not I''d be surprised if he wasn''t sold before the end of August, after a few games have proven his fitness.  [/quote]

He is...

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED11%20Jun%202009%2009%3A50%3A05%3A537

[/quote]That is indeed very good news then.  He will be invaluable next season if fit.  Stefanovic and Doherty should be a brick wall in division 3.

Great news,

Let''s hope he can stay injury free!!!!

Evidently we need a defender like him in the team!

Priority now = GOALKEEPER

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]He wasn''t particularly injury prone throughout his career, so assuming this injury (which was a nasty one) is properly healed theres a good chance he''ll have a solid season for us.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

He wasn''t particularly injury prone throughout his career, so assuming this injury (which was a nasty one) is properly healed theres a good chance he''ll have a solid season for us.
[/quote]

One would like to think so [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

Early to start on the Gin Way, sun not quite over the yard arm hey what!![:D]

I think he is vital to our success next season... Very glad to hear he''s up for it!

Stefanovic will be a class above pretty much every other player in the league. Just hope he stays fit.

Massive risk in my opinion. Much as I like Dejan- he''s 34, suffered a bad injury last season that could recur, and despite a wage cut I would still imagine he is being paid more than we can realistically afford. If any one was brave enough to put a bid in for him i think Gunny would bite their hand off.

Top marks for some old fashioned loyalty though Dejan...  

I am chuffed it is looking likely that he will stay. I really rate him and I think it is even more important at this level to have a cool head at the back. Personally I think he may well be good for another season after this but we will have to see.Get in a young understudy or two and they can learn off this guy. He has been a captain and he is/was an international so very much a decent player to have around the team and squad.

great news now 1 more centre back and sound at cb, still a proven goalscorer is needed because i still can''t see where are goals are going to come from

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope he''s on less money this season.  If not I''d be surprised if he wasn''t sold before the end of August, after a few games have proven his fitness. 
[/quote]

He is...

[/quote]

automatic pay cut??

does that apply to all players??

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

He is...

[/quote]

automatic pay cut

[/quote]

didn''t mean the ''?'' marks after automatic pay cut, as I know what that is!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

[/quote]

not not quite there yet hehehehe

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

no not quite there yet hehehehe

[/quote]

See I''m at it again, I need to go back to bed lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just put it down to the shaking hands (like mine)

A stiff whisky works wonders(medicinal purposes only)[;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I hope he''s on less money this season.  If not I''d be surprised if he wasn''t sold before the end of August, after a few games have proven his fitness.  [/quote]

He is...

[/quote]

automatic pay cut??

[/quote]So the unthinkable was thought about at the time[:P]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just put it down to the shaking hands (like mine)

A stiff whisky works wonders(medicinal purposes only)[;)]

[/quote]

lol not so much shaking hands more like just tired from lack of sleep, oo-er that sounds worse than shaking hands hehehehe

Stef is a leader.  The only one in the playing staff at the moment.

I am a great admirer of his skills but even if he were no better than Doc, he would be far more valauble.   We ought to go a along way to keep him.

As for wages, presumably the club agreed a relegation deduction that was affordable if we were relegated

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes loyaly counts for a lot in my eyes, but how long into the season before he gets injured again lol[/quote]

He wasn''t particularly injury prone throughout his career, so assuming this injury (which was a nasty one) is properly healed theres a good chance he''ll have a solid season for us.
[/quote]

One would like to think so [:)]

[/quote]

He is 34 though and it''s a pretty bad one to come back from at any age, I did my ACL at 16 playing rugby and it will never fully heal so it may be that he''s useless next season. Still it''s great to see that there''s at least one player of quality who actually wants to play for this club, there''s been precious little noise coming from people like Clingan or Russell saying how keen they are to help us fight our way back into the championship. Of course for him another years worth of wages before he retires will be helpful so it''s in his interests to try and keep on going regardless, however if it means we get a fomerly premiership quality defender to mentor Spillane and our other youngsters then it should be worth the outlay.