Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Show ambition: Dont sell Clingan or Hoolahan at any price

We cannot afford to sell our best players. At least give them until the Jan transfer window. They signed the contracts they should stick by it, if they were worried about relegation they shouldnt have signed them.

If I was the manager I would accept no bids unless they were crazy offers.

I didnt mind Marshall being sold for around 600k as that is all he is really worth. And Declan Rudd and Steer will probably end up better.

I agree with you, I have said it before and i''ll say it again, if our Board have any ambition and desire to get back out of this division, they will keep hold of both Clingan and Hoolahan to give us a fighting chance next season, sadly it''s going to be extremely unlikely though.

But then you end up with a disgruntled player on the books who doesn''t want to play for the club and the whole situation becomes disruptive to everybody else on the playing staff.If they want out it''s best to let them go but for the best price possible.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]But then you end up with a disgruntled player on the books who doesn''t want to play for the club and the whole situation becomes disruptive to everybody else on the playing staff.If they want out it''s best to let them go but for the best price possible.[/quote]

Spot on. As much as the club might want to try and keep hold of them, they probably both wanting to be playing at a much higher level.

they shouldnt have signed for us. Im sure they will give 100% effort if we promised them we would consider bids in Jan if were not in the top two.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]But then you end up with a disgruntled player on the books who doesn''t want to play for the club and the whole situation becomes disruptive to everybody else on the playing staff.If they want out it''s best to let them go but for the best price possible.[/quote]Yes but you can negate this by having a few hungry younger players who are all too ready to take the disgruntled players place in the side. IMO we can not afford another wholesale clearout - that is far more disruptive than a single disgruntled player - we have to keep hold of the little quality we have.

We should definatley let them go! We are going to need money to strenghten the team and there the only two who are worth anything. You can''t build a promotion winning side off jus free transfers! I''m sure they wont really want to stay either if championship clubs are interested. and as for there wages Roeder bought them both so they could be on anything! I''m afraid we have to let them go!

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]We should definatley let them go! We are going to need money to strenghten the team and there the only two who are worth anything. You can''t build a promotion winning side off jus free transfers! I''m sure they wont really want to stay either if championship clubs are interested. and as for there wages Roeder bought them both so they could be on anything! I''m afraid we have to let them go![/quote]

Yeah i dont mind them both going as long as the money is used to sign up some young players,but I think the money go into the black hole and never seen again. 

I totally agree NCFClad, however, we may have to for financial reasons.Their wages will be high, and if we can attract some decent money and invest it in building a decent squad, I would be happy with that.We need to hold out for money though, and not just give in like we always do...

[quote user="ncfclad"]We cannot afford to sell our best players. At least give them until the Jan transfer window. They signed the contracts they should stick by it, if they were worried about relegation they shouldnt have signed them. If I was the manager I would accept no bids unless they were crazy offers. I didnt mind Marshall being sold for around 600k as that is all he is really worth. And Declan Rudd and Steer will probably end up better.[/quote]

don''t waste your time they never listen to fans, thought they used to say football was about the fans not anymore, they need to tell the fans whats going on instead of stringing us along

Life is not as simple as "don''t sell at any price".  Many things to consider as any employee in any business:

• Is the player (employee) happy - will he play (work 100%) for you /  will you get "value for money"?
  • Is the money (transfer fee and / or wages) better spent elsewhere?
  • Do finances dictate maximised transfer revenue?

I don''t know the answers but I suspect the result is that these guys will go.

My only fear is that they get sold for "undisclosed" amounts, then we will never know if the money was put back into the team. (As usual!)

I''d rather we show ambition by setting a high, but fair price for both and stick to it. £1.5mil for Clingan, £1mil for Hoolahan.

[quote user="ncfclad"]We cannot afford to sell our best players. At least give them until the Jan transfer window. They signed the contracts they should stick by it, if they were worried about relegation they shouldnt have signed them.

If I was the manager I would accept no bids unless they were crazy offers.

I didnt mind Marshall being sold for around 600k as that is all he is really worth. And Declan Rudd and Steer will probably end up better.[/quote]

I agree with you, but as things are at the moment we probably cannot afford to keep them.

Clingan has only 1 year left on his contract. If we don''t sell him now, at the end of the season he can walk away for free! I have a feeling he will be sold on the cheap for around 750k.

NCFCLAD - Hello mate, any interest to you?

Clingan poised for Sky Blues switch?

Last updated: 04/06/2009 09:33:00

Sammy Clingan could be the next player to leave Carrow Road after

reports claiming Coventry City were lining up a £1m bid for the

Canaries midfielder.Sources

in the Midlands says national newspaper claims that Chris Coleman was

lining up a £1m bid aren''t quite on the money - but admit the

25-year-old is one of a number of targets for the Sky Blues boss, who

is said to be monitoring the situation closely.If a

seven-figure bid is on the cards, then Norwich boss Bryan Gunn may find

it hard to turn down for a player who clearly has loftier ambitions

than League One football next season.Gunn has already lost

keeper David Marshall to Cardiff while winger Lee Croft has already

departed before the expiry of his contract at the end of the month -

and Clingan and Wes Hoolahan are widely tipped for a swift return to

the Championship.Clingan is midway through a two-year contract,

having joined City for free a year ago, and could well fit into

Coleman''s thinking, with doubts over the futures of midfielders Michael

Doyle and Guillaume Beuzelin.The Northern Ireland international

scored six goals last season - four from the penalty spot as well as

two expertly-taken free-kicks, including the final City goal of the

season in the ill-fated defeat at Charlton on the final day.Gunn is already making plans of his own, with speculation linking him with to an ever-growing list of lower league players.Andy.