Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Return of Reserve league football - the start of the comeback?

Personally I think this is a good starting point to re-climbing the league ladder.  At least now players on the fringes should be match fit and are up for it when they play.  Last season players being recalled seemed to take ages to get into the pace of the action.  Yes some of the clubs are not of the qulaity you would like, but at least its games, and we haven''t yeet seen the qulaity of our squad.  The cancelling of reserve league football was another of Roeder''s massive misjudgements! 

The teams in our league aren''t any lower than us apart three of them i think,remember we''re division 3 now so we can''t moan about the other teams having far less quality,most are similar or better standard than us.

The whole point of pulling out in the first place was because its so crap.

"The whole point of pulling out in the first place was because its so crap."

Yes, we were playing Non-League reserve teams week in week out, as our reserve team got relegated 2 seasons prior to our removal from it, i think.

However the sides we''re up against this season in the reserves seem far more decent. Hopefully it''ll help us to develop.

Getting out of that league last season screwed a lot of our fringe players over. I''m personally happy to see it again.