Sign in to follow this  
HappyhammerAndy

Freddy Sears to Wednesday?

Per Hammer,A month or so ago I told you that he was likely to be loaned out for next season, he''s likened to Tony Cottee and many championship teams etc have been interested, so where were your geezers, perhaps, you should ask them?This time last year, I told you about two youngsters in the same position who are now in the first team squad, Jack Collison and Stanilaz. At that time you said that you did not want West Ham''s cast offs, which is fair enough.However, maybe you should consider looking out for the other excellent academy players coming through at West Ham that Zola will want to loan out on the same basis for next season?  As Per West Ham, Peterborough and other sites -  West Ham starlet Freddie Sears has been told that he will be sent out

on loan to get experience this coming season, is Wednesday his

destination?

It was suggested that a host of Championship clubs are interested in

taking the pacy forward on a season long loan from the Hammers, with

Championshp new boys Peterborough being amongst the clubs linked.

But it appears today that the Posh'' Director Of Football Barry Fry has said that Hillsborough will be his destination.

Speaking to the Peterborough''s Evening Telegraph, Fry said:The lad came

down to London Road with his dad and liked what Darren Ferguson had to

say.

"He made it clear he was keen to come here, but West Ham have blocked

the move and told him he has to go to Sheffield Wednesday."

Peteroborough were one of the more free scoring sides in League One

last year as they marched to the title, with Aaron Mclean and Craig

Mackail-Smith hitting the net regularly. But it seems that Darren

Ferguson wanted to beef up his attack with the addition of Sears

according to the outspoken Fry.

"It is a big disappointment because Freddie would have provided some

hot competition for Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron Mclean, but there was

obviously more money involved with Wednesday.

"We have already come up with another target who would be a permanent

signing and a bid went in yesterday. We''re hoping there will be more

progress today."Andy

"Peteroborough were one of the more free scoring sides in League One last year as they marched to the title"

.... What title?

Dear oh dear... have we not learnt enough from the loans fiasco yet???

Oh and Freddy Sears & Co wanting play in the 3rd Division?  Do me a favour!!!

Tangible fixed assets - Hello boss.I''m happy for you. If you have your own potential England strikers, that''s great for English football. "Sears hasn''t been able to stop scoring hatfulls of goals at all age groups and we rate him as a potential England striker in the future, depending on his development" Tony Carr''s assessment not mine. 

Smudgers right, even if we did want them, as a League One club now, there is no way we''d be able to prise them away from you Hammers on loan. Especially if theres hot interest from a host of Championship clubs to compete with.

And frankly, i''m just fed up with the concept of the loan system now. It''s a system we''ve abused, we''ve screwed ourselves over in doing so, and the thought of us persisting with it seems so dim and riduculous to me now (and so "Norwich like" as well, unfortunately).

Can we for the first time in half a decade finish the season with at least a bit of dignity next year? The fact we''re playing in League One for the first time in 50 years, with a manager at the helm who doesn''t have a clue unto what his job is actually ''about'', headed by a drunken chef surrounded by a host of headless chickens, with a team that consists of no more than 10 players in a game that requires 11, including a striker who couldn''t hit water if he fell out of a boat, a "recovering" alcholic in the midfield who doesn''t shy away from going to his training sessions half naked, who by the way is bound to go back to the drink when his ''potential'' drinking buddy from Luton returns, a right back that has the tendency to fall asleep for 85 minutes of every game, an ageing centre back and one left back who each spend at least 95% of the season in the recovery room, while everyones hopes of someone saving the club from disaster are pinned on a man who was installing windows only a few months ago, and at the same time, the two players with any noticeable quality are currently clawing for an escape route to get out of this mess before our club ruins their careers, and a fanbase that has a "100%" tolerance policy, that has inevitably allowed all this to happen........... ''And breathe''.....

Sorry, i get caught up in the moment some times [:$]

But as i said, i don''t think it''s worth mentioning, as realistically, we don''t have a chance in hell of bringing a youthful player of that quality over here anyway.

[quote user="Happyhammer/Andy"]Tangible fixed assets - Hello boss.I''m happy for you. If you have your own potential England strikers, that''s great for English football.

Agreed but we need players up to the job, or we will drop again, i say have a few young ones, but you need a little bit of age and experience in there!!

JohnWith respect mate, I think that you do yourself down to easily.Why Zola is sending him to a club that punts the ball upfield, I don''t know. If I was humbly sitting in his chair, I''d be looking for a club like yours that attempted to play the ball on the ground and tried to play entertaining football, that might include you, might''n it? Your only up the road and it''s easier for him to get to your gaff than Hilsborough, ain''t it? One of the last player''s that West Ham loaned out to Southend was Junior Stanilas, who is now fighting for a place in the West Ham side.Andy.