Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Most respected poster & would they be prepared to...

I have reason and a proposition, why don''t we ask the most popular voted poster who is a willing volunteer and is of the opinion that the rebate scheme has been dealt with exceptionally poorly to be the voice and possible face of the forum.

I can not rememeber ever seeing a topic so hotley contested in the years i have been frequenting the board. The fact that so many of us have decided to claim our money back, the reasons for doing so is personal to each and everyone of us.  But i think a majority of the persons claiming will be because of league one football next season and the disappointment at the board.

I thought it might be an idea to prepare for the bad press we (the fans) will ultimately get when the media gets hold of the final percentage of season ticket holders that have decided to ignore the request from the club to forgo the rebate and give OUR cash to the club. 

I garuantee if we the fans contacted the media (regional/national papers and regional/national television) at a time when Norwich City publish the percentages and stated the reasons (so many valid reasons have been posted) why so many of us have decided to keep hold of our moneies at a time that the club obvioiusly needs the extra funds.  We the fans would get time on the air to defend our reasons and to point out a few home truths which otherwise would be not published and kept away from the general publis eye.

I appreciate that someone would have to make the initial contact, witch could be done through this website as it is obviously conected with our local press and someone would need to be reponsible in every sense of the word.

I totally agree, but it would be better than some reporter going into norwich market on a monday morning and finding the first person they find who clearly hasn''t got a clue or doesn''t care and making us look foolish.

If we could put a proposal forward through this site then we would have to trust the person that a majority clearly feel they could trust? 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

I totally agree, but it would be better than some reporter going into norwich market on a monday morning and finding the first person they find who clearly hasn''t got a clue or doesn''t care and making us look foolish.

If we could put a proposal forward through this site then we would have to trust the person that a majority clearly feel they could trust? 

[/quote]

I think it''s a good idea in theory [:)]

Andy Larkin would seem the most suitable figurehead ''from what i''ve heard'' from other posters on this board.

He''s certainly of the same opinion as the majority on this board, and from what''s been said, it would seem he''s a good speaker, that''d put our cause forward to the public a little more attractively than that animal who was unleashed unto the 606 phone in session (couldn''t possibly put together a sensible and coherent argument to save his life. An unfortunate individual indeed).

This whole rebate saga is becoming almost surreal. I sincerely hope that the majority of fans claim the rebate that they are perfectly entitled to take. Gunn''s response to the issue is unacceptable, uncalled for and is the equivalent to a slap in the face to the many LOYAL fans who will be claiming the rebate. He has gone down dramatically in my estimation. Whatever happened to the old philosophy of "The Customer is ALWAYS RIGHT"? Perhaps the board and their apologists believe that as we have been forced to swallow so much sh..ite over the past few years, that a little more won''t hurt!

[quote user="John"]

Andy Larkin would seem the most suitable figurehead ''from what i''ve heard'' from other posters on this board.

He''s certainly of the same opinion as the majority on this board, and from what''s been said, it would seem he''s a good speaker, that''d put our cause forward to the public a little more attractively than that animal who was unleashed unto the 606 phone in session (couldn''t possibly put together a sensible and coherent argument to save his life. An unfortunate individual indeed).

[/quote]

I agree about Andy [Y]

I have reason and a proposition, why don''t we ask the most popular voted poster who is a willing volunteer and is of the opinion that the rebate scheme has been dealt with exceptionally poorly to be the voice and possible face of the forum.

I can not rememeber ever seeing a topic so hotley contested in the years i have been frequenting the board. The fact that so many of us have decided to claim our money back, the reasons for doing so is personal to each and everyone of us.  But i think a majority of the persons claiming will be because of league one football next season and the disappointment at the board.

I thought it might be an idea to prepare for the bad press we (the fans) will ultimately get when the media gets hold of the final percentage of season ticket holders that have decided to ignore the request from the club to forgo the rebate and give OUR cash to the club. 

I garuantee if we the fans contacted the media (regional/national papers and regional/national television) at a time when Norwich City publish the percentages and stated the reasons (so many valid reasons have been posted) why so many of us have decided to keep hold of our moneies at a time that the club obvioiusly needs the extra funds.  We the fans would get time on the air to defend our reasons and to point out a few home truths which otherwise would be not published and kept away from the general publis eye.

I appreciate that someone would have to make the initial contact, witch could be done through this website as it is obviously conected with our local press and someone would need to be reponsible in every sense of the word.

[/quote]Having that you say the subject has been highly contested you accept posters on here are arguing both sides of the debate.Why then do you suggest electing a representative of only one side of the debate

The obvious person for the media to talk to about this is John Tilson. NCISA went to the trouble of holding a public meeting and it is perfectly fair to argue that the straw poll it conducted then effectively gave it a mandate to mount its campaign recommending that fans claim the rebate. A position it has now reiterated in the wake of the Foulger offer.Moreover, Gunn has now - perhaps not very wisely - specifically drawn NCISA and its chairman into the public argument.As it happens, any news editor worth their salt would have had one of their reporters phone up Tilson today to get his reaction to Gunn''s comments, and perhaps that has happened. We shall see.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The obvious person for the media to talk to about this is John Tilson. NCISA went to the trouble of holding a public meeting and it is perfectly fair to argue that the straw poll it conducted then effectively gave it a mandate to mount its campaign recommending that fans claim the rebate. A position it has now reiterated in the wake of the Foulger offer.

[/quote]

Agreed.

I appreciate what you are saying Foggo, and thats why i''d never put myself forward as i''m rubbish with words, i am not saying anyone is right or wrong in their decision, but i fall on the side of not giving my money back, and as the club will have somone in s a suit and tie representing the board and their proposition, i feel the fans who are not going to be formally represented should have their say.  Thats the crux of my idea, thats all.

I appreciate what you are saying Foggo, and thats why i''d never put myself forward as i''m rubbish with words, i am not saying anyone is right or wrong in their decision, but i fall on the side of not giving my money back, and as the club will have somone in s a suit and tie representing the board and their proposition, i feel the fans who are not going to be formally represented should have their say.  Thats the crux of my idea, thats all.

[/quote]that''s a fair point, even though I am on the other side of this debate my opinions are never set in stone and I think most of us would enjoy watching a debate on a wide range of issues that concern the club, if it was conducted in an even arena by people of equal knowledge and standing. Unfortunately as with politicians you tend to find these types of people never answer the bloody question anyway

[quote user="Big Bob"]Jordi Murrell.[/quote]

Don''t be so silly, it''s Beaker all the way for me.