Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell Yellow

Keeper for next year?

This has probably been brought up already, but have been speaking to a mate about this.
Rudd has excellent potential, but i''m not sure he''s ready for the physical side of Div 3.
So in that case, would people rather see Rudd in goal, or an experienced keeper (i.e Marcus Hahnemann, who is no spring chicken and has been released by Reading).
At first, the name Matty Gilks springs to mind, not going to be used by Blackpool and won''t cost much...

What i can''t understand is why people constantly keep on going on about whether Rudd can handle the physical side of League 1. Whta''s that all about?? He can''t catch a ball yet? Total rubbish if you ask me.. Too weak to take a hard shot?? Seriously i am taking the micky here because i can''t actually find a viable reason to why he wouldn''t be able to handle the physical side of things... Goalkeepers rarely go into full force competition with other players like say a midfielder would in the middle of the park.. So why not give one of our biggets prospects a big chance to stake him claim as one of the best Goalkeeping prospects in the country?? Afterall we see every season other teams playing their young talent and then they are sometimes even snapped up for 5-million or so by the top Premiership clubs. Obviously we wouldn''t get that for a keeper and i hope we don''t have to sell if he proves his quality... But comeon, give the guy a chance and stick him in there :)

I don''t get why people are saying the physical stuff, he was brought into the England U19 side recently to replace Smithies who ended the season as Huddersfield''s number 1 and got rave reviews attracting interest from Everton, so its the case of if your good enough your old enough. Don''t get me wrong they do need an experienced back up but if Rudd''s as good as what people say he will be number 1 !