Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

OT: Brendan Rodgers...

I still don''t understand why football clubs appoint managers on such a long term contracts like Reading have done with Brendan Rodgers!!

I know he''s got a good pedigree but if it does all go tits up then Reading are going to have to pay out the rest of his contract..!

And we all know how expensive that can be....![:@] 

Anyone to clarify this mysterious?

Strange, isn''t it?They''ve gone from Coppell who only signed for a season because he wasn''t interested in pay-offs (like Stuart Pearce and no other from what I''ve read) to this. I don''t get it either.

[quote user="LQ"]Strange, isn''t it?

They''ve gone from Coppell who only signed for a season because he wasn''t interested in pay-offs (like Stuart Pearce and no other from what I''ve read) to this. I don''t get it either.

[/quote]

hmmm very odd indeed, there must be some logical reason that only high up people in football know!

Or is that they are convinced that he will do an excellent job?[^o)]

Well, Coppell was there for donkeys years, and it could well be that the Reading board think that stability is important to the smooth running of a club.  Chopping and changing hasn''t helped QPR, or us, or any number of other teams for that matter.

Maybe they''re hoping that if he does well a Premiership club will come in for him and they''ll be due a hefty slice of compensation if he''s on a long contract.