Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Do not expect any signings............

Because we''re broke.

Unless a lot of players are sold, Gunn has no transfer budget............its going to be a long old summer![:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Because we''re broke.

Unless a lot of players are sold, Gunn has no transfer budget............its going to be a long old summer![:|]

[/quote]

Remember Wiz if there no budget it''s the season ticket holders who requested the rebates fault,people like me who have asked for our money back because we no longer trust the board,we are the problem[;)]

Because we''re broke.

[/quote]Evidence that we cannot afford any signings this summer? Or is it just another "stating the obvious, but look at me!" post?

Because we''re broke.

[/quote]

Things are not that bad Wiz.

You will know when they are,they will be asking for your Tesco loyalty card rebates as well!!

"there will be no food if we don''t get those rebates to help stock the kitchens"

I think that we may be surprised:There will be some transfer proceeds to reinvest - Clingan, MarshallFoulger may persuade some to leave their rebates in the pot, which  he will double. It won''t raise too much, I think, but may finance the odd "signing-on fee"I am cynic enough to believe that some of the transfer proceeds will be used to reduce debt, but some, I believe, will be used to enlarge the squad. The apparent interest in Grant  Holt of Shrewsbury, if genuine, suggests some money will be spent. Having got most of the high wage earners off the books, we may be able to offer higher wage inducements to potential players.Nelson, given another week by his club, may still be a Bosman option, so the absence of news may indicate that things take time to work out.Given the size of the squad, and the stated intention of not using (as many) loanees, sheer desperation will lead to some signings.

[quote user="Salopian"]I think that we may be surprised:
There will be some transfer proceeds to reinvest - Clingan, Marshall
Foulger may persuade some to leave their rebates in the pot, which  he will double. It won''t raise too much, I think, but may finance the odd "signing-on fee"

I am cynic enough to believe that some of the transfer proceeds will be used to reduce debt, but some, I believe, will be used to enlarge the squad. The apparent interest in Grant  Holt of Shrewsbury, if genuine, suggests some money will be spent. Having got most of the high wage earners off the books, we may be able to offer higher wage inducements to potential players.

Nelson, given another week by his club, may still be a Bosman option, so the absence of news may indicate that things take time to work out.

Given the size of the squad, and the stated intention of not using (as many) loanees, sheer desperation will lead to some signings.
[/quote]

We all hope each year that this season will be the one we sign good players and plenty of them but each season we are let down,i hope your right and we get new players in but i would bet we will have the same old outcome,no decent players,cheap freebies and/or loans a plenty,i honestly hope i''m wrong but i just can''t see it.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Usually wiz posts this on the 1st of June - why the delay this season ?
[/quote]

And of course blah, you can prove that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Usually wiz posts this on the 1st of June - why the delay this season ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

About as much as you can prove your original post, First Hypocrite.

Of course there will be signings, quite a few I am sure. Whether they will be any good is another matter........

[/quote]

He didn''t know what his budget was?[:|]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Of course there will be signings, quite a few I am sure. Whether they will be any good is another matter........[/quote]

Nail, head, Mr Salahuddin.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Of course there will be signings, quite a few I am sure. Whether they will be any good is another matter........[/quote]

I am with you Salahuddin.  Delia et al will put some cash in if only to hold off the baying wolves. 

BG will have had promises made and I think he will have money plus the wages to get some players in, but they will be league 1 players - freebies and outcasts all, no doubt.

It is incredibly frustrating for us interested bystanders, but I do also recognise that with the minimal cash we will have, the search is going to take some time.  Otherwise we would have already been making noises about Gow I think.

According to Gunn everyone''s on holiday just now. Except every time i read Teletaxt etc I see transfers taking place. Maybe his targets don''t bleed yellow & green.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

About as much as you can prove your original post, First Hypocrite.

[/quote]

No signings, not a hint of one in fact, even Col Who have started getting players in, Foulger begging for cash, and all you have to back you up is insults.

First Hypocrite? yeah, right.[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

He didn''t know what his budget was?[:|]

[/quote]

Says the 4th rate, Archant wannabe hack![:|]

No signings, not a hint of one in fact, even Col Who have started getting players in, Foulger begging for cash, and all you have to back you up is insults.

[/quote]They''ve made one signing, a bloke from Blackpool I''ve never heard of.  Shaking in my boots ?  Hardly.

[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]

Says the 4th rate, Archant wannabe hack!Indifferent [:|]

[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

They''ve made one signing, a bloke from Blackpool I''ve never heard of.  Shaking in my boots ?  Hardly.
[/quote]

Still one more than us, other clubs are getting active, whilst we aren''t.

[quote user="I S"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Says the 4th rate, Archant wannabe hack!Indifferent [:|]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rest assured IS, if it gets dished out, I dish it out straight back!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]They''ve made one signing, a bloke from Blackpool I''ve never heard of.  Shaking in my boots ?  Hardly. [/quote]

Still one more than us, other clubs are getting active, whilst we aren''t.

[/quote]Mickey Nelson is deciding where he wants to be, that Llera fella is lining up to play for the highest bidder.  Auctions take time.  If there is no other interest in a player, the chances are we don''t want him anyway.