Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Just posted my season ticket rebate forms and it feels great!

For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.

[quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]

My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]

My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!!

[/quote]got letter friday morning, with them by the afternoon!

[quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across

how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my

anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the

Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]

So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?
[/quote]

Actually if you read my post again,it says it has changed numerous times,it doesn''t say i can''t finish the letter, i was trying to get my points across without making the letter to long and drawn out is the point!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?[/quote]

Actually if you read my post again,it says it has changed numerous times,it doesn''t say i can''t finish the letter, i was trying to get my points across without making the letter to long and drawn out is the point!!

[/quote]...but you still haven''t sent it yet.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]

So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

...but you still haven''t sent it yet.
[/quote]

No i''ve not sent it,not because it''s not finished but because i just haven''t got round to it yet,simple as that, Sorry i''m so slow!! June 19th is the deadline and as long as they get it before then whats the problem?

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]My letter has changed numerous times because i just can''t get across how angry i am in under about 5,000 words!! Must admit that getting my anger down on paper has sort of made me even more determined to get the Suffolk two out of OUR club!![/quote]So how do you intend to do that then ?  I mean, given that you are so angry you can''t even finish a letter ?[/quote]

[/quote]...but you still haven''t sent it yet.[/quote]

No i''ve not sent it,not because it''s not finished but because i just haven''t got round to it yet,simple as that, Sorry i''m so slow!! June 19th is the deadline and as long as they get it before then whats the problem?

[/quote]There isn''t one.  I just wonder how someone with so much obvious enthusiasm for removing a couple of multi-millionaires from a big business would go about it if they can''t finish a letter.So if this causes any offence [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...but you still haven''t sent it yet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

There isn''t one.  I just wonder how someone with so much obvious enthusiasm for removing a couple of multi-millionaires from a big business would go about it if they can''t finish a letter.

So if this causes any offence [:)]
[/quote]

No offence taken,and as i say the letter is finshed and was finished at about the third draft just simply because i wanted it to be short and to the point,i got rather button happy and it turned into a bit of a novel and in all honesty if the club do read them a long rant would probably just get skipped through,the finished letter was as i wanted it to be, short and to the point.

Anybody who does''nt take it is either far too rich or a complete and utter Prat.I am not ggiving the current board another penny and have cancelled my season ticket.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Anybody who does''nt take it is either far too rich or a complete and utter Prat.I am not ggiving the current board another penny and have cancelled my season ticket.[/quote]yeap you way is the right way!!! but i cant see me sstopping, but i wil make them away how i feel!

[quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it

[quote user="Croydon Canary"]How anyone can think that claiming the rebate will in some way help the situation is beyond me.Oh well it,s your choice I suppose.[/quote]

Why should anybody pay more than a Division 3 (old money) price for Division 3 football?

Claiming the rebate will send the NCFC board a message.

The guilt lies with the board not the fans. 

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it[/quote]good for you.....you must a bit in th back pocket, maybe slip some more there way, you might a plac on the board!

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]

I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.
You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it
[/quote]

Good on you for feeling that you can give the club £1,000, for some that is two months mortgage, or the difference between treating the family to a week away or staying at home.

I won''t give people a hard time for deciding what to do with their money, it''s their choice, but, what you have to ask yourself is, 1- can you 100% trust the board to put ALL the money into the player budget?  2- As ST holders we already pay into the club, why do we have to pay Championship prices to watch league 3 football? 

Once again I say good on you for donating that money.

Don''t forget that as it stands the players budget just pays the wages for the dross that got us relegated (they are our only players at present). Don''t be deluded into thinking players budget means transfer kitty - it doesn''t. It means Mr Doncaster''s black hole first, then the scraps that are left might go to good use. 

[quote user="foggo7"]

I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.

[/quote]

How many season tickets did you buy then to get that much offered back to you?

"How anyone can think that claiming the rebate will in some way help the situation is beyond me.Oh well it,s your choice I suppose. "

Well you clearly trust the board in taking this club forward.

Throwing money at the the club won''t bring success if it''s not managed correctly, as has been the case for 5 years at Norwich.

If you think the board are capable of redeeming themselves, then yes fine, give your rebate back.

However, if you think the board are going to proceed in the same ilk of which they''ve performed in for the past decade for the forseeable future, surely it would make sense not to give the club your money?

I don''t understand how the majority of supporters of the board don''t get why not ''all'' fans want to feel like their throwing their money down the pan?... [^o)]

[quote user="John"]

"How anyone can think that claiming the rebate will in some way help the situation is beyond me.Oh well it,s your choice I suppose. "

Throwing money at the the club won''t bring success if it''s not managed correctly, as has been the case for 5 years at Norwich.

If you think the board are capable of redeeming themselves, then yes fine, give your rebate back.

However, if you think the board are going to proceed in the same ilk of which they''ve performed in for the past decade for the forseeable future, surely it would make sense not to give the club your money?

I don''t understand how the majority of supporters of the board don''t get why not ''all'' fans want to feel like their throwing their money down the pan?... [^o)]

[/quote]

Exactly, I don''t trust the board anymore, and if I''m honest haven''t done in a while.  All the time the cook is on the board they will have no more money than normal from us.  If they sell up and go I will donate money.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="foggo7"]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.[/quote]

How many season tickets did you buy then to get that much offered back to you?

[/quote]2 barclay that myself and my son use 4 top of the terrace carvery that I use for business

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="John"]

[/quote]

id rather give it to the homeless at the moment! our board have made us into a laughing stock!

Exactly, I don''t trust the board anymore, and if I''m honest haven''t done in a while.  All the time the cook is on the board they will have no more money than normal from us.  If they sell up and go I will donate money.

[/quote]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it[/quote]

Good on you for feeling that you can give the club £1,000, for some that is two months mortgage, or the difference between treating the family to a week away or staying at home.

I won''t give people a hard time for deciding what to do with their money, it''s their choice, but, what you have to ask yourself is, 1- can you 100% trust the board to put ALL the money into the player budget?  2- As ST holders we already pay into the club, why do we have to pay Championship prices to watch league 3 football? 

[/quote]I don''t particularly trust them as far as I can throw them and I want them replaced but in the mean time I want the club to be as high as they can be and enough of the club left in tact for the new owners to work with.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]I''ve just thrown my rebate letters away, they amounted to just over  £1000. If like me you accept that like it or not we are going to go through a large part of next season with the people in the club remaining as they are, then those people are more likely to keep the club moving forward with the aid of our money.You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it[/quote]

[/quote]I don''t particularly trust them as far as I can throw them and I want them replaced but in the mean time I want the club to be as high as they can be and enough of the club left in tact for the new owners to work with.[/quote]But what does putting your money into smith and co achieve??? to have a 1000 rebate you must have some kite, maybe put more in, and ge ya self a place on the board!

I think it''s says everything about the club that the rebate is an opt-in scheme.The season ticket rebate should have been automatic, with all season ticket holders refunded the moment we got relegated.The

club could then have grovelled for an £80+ donation from fans to watch

League One football. Instead we''re forced to write to them to ask for

what is ours anyway.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]I don''t particularly trust them as far as I can throw them and I want them replaced but in the mean time I want the club to be as high as they can be and enough of the club left in tact for the new owners to work with.[/quote]But what does putting your money into smith and co achieve??? to have a 1000 rebate you must have some kite, maybe put more in, and ge ya self a place on the board![/quote]No it''s a lot of money to me I promise, I can only keep saying that whilst I''m of much the same opinion on the board as you are claiming your rebate will do nothing towards them leaving so if you accept as I do that Gunny will be the manager for at least half this season, he''ll have a better chance with a bigger playing budget and the team needs to be kept in as strong a position as possible.For me the theory that if you hope for failure and allow the club to crumble even further in the hope that a buyer will come in and rebuild it doesn''t hold water, that seems to be the view of some

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I think it''s says everything about the club that the rebate is an opt-in scheme.The season ticket rebate should have been automatic, with all season ticket holders refunded the moment we got relegated.The

club could then have grovelled for an £80+ donation from fans to watch

League One football. Instead we''re forced to write to them to ask for

what is ours anyway.[/quote]bad times!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Spartan"]For the first time I''ve had an opportunity of showing my disapproval of four years of total lack of ambition and mismanagement in a very practical way, and it feels very good indeed! I make no apology for claiming back what is rightfully mine, and would rather spend the £140 on myself than seeing it frittered away by Delia ''Prudence'' Smith or our second rate, inexperience and unqualified manager. Unlike some posters who still have their heads buried deeply in the sand and have accepted without a whimper the current demise of the club, I cannot and will not put a penny into the club until Smith and Gunn have gone. Rest assured we are going no where whilst the remnants of the management regime are still in place, and whilst we dither in the transfer market other clubs are very busy setting up deals and snapping up the players capable of regaining championship status. We are in the third tier of English football, and there are those supporters happy with the situation, and will accept relegation if it comes, which it inevitably will if the status quo remains.[/quote]

You can make ya points and you''re quite entitled to do that but the bigger the players budget Gunny has the more likely he is to succeed, I don''t support the board or the manager but I''m not accepting relagation as you say I''m fighting it
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t particularly trust them as far as I can throw them and I want them replaced but in the mean time I want the club to be as high as they can be and enough of the club left in tact for the new owners to work with.

[/quote]

But what does putting your money into smith and co achieve??? to have a 1000 rebate you must have some kite, maybe put more in, and ge ya self a place on the board!
[/quote]

You went a bit Scottish there for a split second.[:D][:D]