Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Premier League clubs alone owe over three billion pounds

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="coro"]God I hate the ''Premier League''.

I would honestly rather us be a top Championship side than a rubbish top tier one. I can''t stand it. Everything wrong with modern football.
[/quote]

Interestingly Delia, when I spoke to her, blamed it for all the woes of NCFC too and yet everyone is striving to get there. I do wish a group of people/clubs would take up an earlier suggestion of mine and set about forming an alternative to the Premier League. It would be a league of twenty clubs which had neither promotion or relegation but would concentrate on football excellence. At the end of the season there could be a match between the champions of both leagues for the Chamionship of Britain.The system works well enough in the USA with American Football (not soccer) and could work in England but for the conservative F.A. There is enough interest and money for two "Premier" Leagues.

[/quote]

If you''d heard her comments at Charlton after we went down you''d have known that already.  She says it to anyone who will listen.  Blame anyone or anything instead of taking responsibility for the mess we''re in. 

fwiw I believe a two tier Prem, probably with 36 clubs and with no relegation from the second tier is just around the corner.  That''s why wealthy people are investing in Championship clubs at the moment.  They know they can''t all get into the Prem and stay there but they''re jockeying for position in the top half of the Champ so that they make the cut when the new league is formed.  If there are enough of them they''ll vote for a two tier system and that will be that.

Norwich City undoubtedly has the potential to be part of it, but we need a miracle now to get anywhere near.  If we miss out it will spell the end of full time professional football at Carrow Road by 2015 if not sooner.

[/quote]

The strange world of Gurney Slade strikes again.

[quote]fwiw I believe a two tier Prem, probably with 36 clubs and with no relegation from the second tier is just around the corner.[/quote]

The football league chairman thinks you are wrong.

[quote]Mawhinney reckons that the gap between the Premier League and the

Championship is becoming significantly wider and represents "the single

greatest challenge to professional football in this country" as the

financial divide between the leagues expands.

But he is adamant that the idea of a two-tier Premier League proposed by Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has no chance of becoming a reality.

"It is not going to happen, it is nonsense," said Mawhinney.

"Let me do a little bit of arithmetic for you - Mr Gartside said he

would like two leagues of 18 teams - that is 36. He has got 20 in the

Premier League and he wants Celtic and Rangers - that means he needs 14

clubs from the Championship.

"You take 14 out of the Championship and it wrecks the Football

League. So it started in 1888 and Mr Gartside kills it in 2009 - I

don''t think so."[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]fwiw I believe a two tier Prem, probably with 36 clubs and with no relegation from the second tier is just around the corner.[/quote]

The football league chairman thinks you are wrong.

[quote]Mawhinney reckons that the gap between the Premier League and the Championship is becoming significantly wider and represents "the single greatest challenge to professional football in this country" as the financial divide between the leagues expands.

But he is adamant that the idea of a two-tier Premier League proposed by Bolton chairman Phil Gartside has no chance of becoming a reality.

"It is not going to happen, it is nonsense," said Mawhinney.

"Let me do a little bit of arithmetic for you - Mr Gartside said he would like two leagues of 18 teams - that is 36. He has got 20 in the Premier League and he wants Celtic and Rangers - that means he needs 14 clubs from the Championship.

"You take 14 out of the Championship and it wrecks the Football League. So it started in 1888 and Mr Gartside kills it in 2009 - I don''t think so."[/quote][/quote]

It hardly needs saying that Gartside couldn''t do it on his own, but if he gets enough support from other clubs they''ll break away like the Prem clubs (including Norwich City) did in 1992, and Mawhinney won''t be able to do a thing about it.  I''m sure he knows it too. 

I''m not saying I want it to happen, but past history says it will happen and recent history says we won''t be involved.  No point sticking head in sand.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="coro"]God I hate the ''Premier League''.

I would honestly rather us be a top Championship side than a rubbish top tier one. I can''t stand it. Everything wrong with modern football.
[/quote]

Interestingly Delia, when I spoke to her, blamed it for all the woes of NCFC too and yet everyone is striving to get there. I do wish a group of people/clubs would take up an earlier suggestion of mine and set about forming an alternative to the Premier League. It would be a league of twenty clubs which had neither promotion or relegation but would concentrate on football excellence. At the end of the season there could be a match between the champions of both leagues for the Chamionship of Britain.The system works well enough in the USA with American Football (not soccer) and could work in England but for the conservative F.A. There is enough interest and money for two "Premier" Leagues.

[/quote]

If you''d heard her comments at Charlton after we went down you''d have known that already.  She says it to anyone who will listen.  Blame anyone or anything instead of taking responsibility for the mess we''re in. 

fwiw I believe a two tier Prem, probably with 36 clubs and with no relegation from the second tier is just around the corner.  That''s why wealthy people are investing in Championship clubs at the moment.  They know they can''t all get into the Prem and stay there but they''re jockeying for position in the top half of the Champ so that they make the cut when the new league is formed.  If there are enough of them they''ll vote for a two tier system and that will be that.

Norwich City undoubtedly has the potential to be part of it, but we need a miracle now to get anywhere near.  If we miss out it will spell the end of full time professional football at Carrow Road by 2015 if not sooner.

[/quote]

The strange world of Gurney Slade strikes again.

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_UN2tweVZw Just for you.....

As a follow up to my previous posts on here...1) The SPL are finding the money that Setanta can''t to pay clubs in order to stop ''several'' of them from finding themselves in financial difficulties.2) KPMG are obviously not optimistic that Hicks and Gillett can refinance their £350million in the current economic climate. If they can''t it begs the question as to how any normal billionaire could renegotiate our loans (after riding up on their white charger and saving us from the clutches of evil) doesn''t it?