Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is Roeder now unemployable?

I think he very well could be. It was an ugly dismissal for the Essex boy and I think it could hurt him for years to come. I wouldn''t be surprised if he is given a job by an old pal as a youth development manager somewhere, that is a job he has been successful at before.

I genuinely think he can still do a good job anywhere in a short-term ''troubleshooting'' role. Somone struggling towards the end of the season etc.

But I agree in principle - even before he joined us he had an awful reputation in the game.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Just an idle thought............who would take a risk on him now?[/quote]

At some stage Ipswich hopefully!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Definitely no more than 18 months![/quote]

Without a doubt.. if i was a chairman in an unstable financial condition i wouldn''t sign him full stop!!

If i did it would be on a rolling 6 month contract !

He has some international experience. Perhaps he would be a candidate for the job managing Iceland, a country where there''s nowhere to go but up, and there''s plenty of abuse going around at the moment such that Mr. Roeder''s slips would hardly be noticed. 

I could see him taking on a director of football role, or maybe scouting - he has the eye for the players (and oddly the contacts to get them) just not the communication skills required to deal with them.With that said, I remember an interview where he said that Norwich would be his last management job.

Roeder is the new Manager for our Reserves ... ''smile''

How many loan players are allowed to play in a reserve game .. 11 or 12 ?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would rather have Roeder here than the detestable Bryan Gunn .
[/quote]

you call youreslf loan city fc i assume as a dig at all the loan players we had to fill out our depleted squad with..  wasn`t this the policy of glenn roeder ?  and yet gunn is the detestable one ? [8-)]

[quote user="The Undertaker"]

I genuinely think he can still do a good job anywhere in a short-term ''troubleshooting'' role. Somone struggling towards the end of the season etc.

But I agree in principle - even before he joined us he had an awful reputation in the game.

[/quote]i''ve never heard so much trollop

Apparently he''s looking at Brewery''s at the moment, however I very much doubt he could Manage a P*** up!

He is still living in his expensive Penthouse in Newmarket (Fact)

he is a very good talent spotter, look at ched evans, roeder loaned him (when knowone knew about him) out and now bigger clubs want him

[quote user="I am a Banana"]he is a very good talent spotter, look at ched evans, roeder loaned him (when knowone knew about him) out and now bigger clubs want him[/quote]

Quite a few people get lucky once.

OTBC

[quote user="I am a Banana"]he is a very good talent spotter, look at ched evans, roeder loaned him (when knowone knew about him) out and now bigger clubs want him[/quote]

Oh do give me a break. You really are a bloody nana.

Lucky one with Evans, how about the rest of his signings - be it permanent or loan. The man is an idiot!

As a football manager - YES!

But I''m sure he won''t struggle what with the £1.1M he got from Newcastle after leaving, probably a hefty sum of West Ham when they sacked him and the 6 figure sum we had to pay him when sacking him for the top notch job he done!