Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Will we be top after 6 games

[quote user="james norwich"]We should be there or thereabouts or the fans will turn against the board & BG.[/quote]

With the players we are being linked to,and Cureton still having a chance acording to Gunn,we''ll be lucky if we get out of the bottom half of the table.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]Highly unlikely. And I hope we''re not, the early pacesetters rarely last the season.[/quote]

The voice of gloom ...... apt usernameIf we''re top by 10 points at xmas you''ll still all be moaning

[quote user="The Undertaker"]Highly unlikely. And I hope we''re not, the early pacesetters rarely last the season.[/quote]

yeh i think last season carlisle and oldham were the top 2 after a few games. Oldham only finished midtable while carlisle almost got relegated

[quote user="james norwich"]We should be there or thereabouts or the fans will turn against the board & BG.[/quote]

Why should we? There are better teams than us in the league who don''t have to assemble almost an entire squad from scratch with very little money. We''ll be lucky to be midtable.

After ten matches fans will have a pretty good idea of how things will go. Trying to be positive Gunn has arranged an extensive series of matches so that the ''new'' team will have every opportunity to get to know each other and be fit to hit the new season running.

[quote user="book end"]

Why should we? There are better teams than us in the league who don''t have to assemble almost an entire squad from scratch with very little money. We''ll be lucky to be midtable.

[/quote]

I agree with this post. Just because we''ve dropped down a league doesn''t automatically make us one of the better teams. All we have going for us next season is the brand - hopefully that will attract some of the more experienced, quality players - but the skeleton of a team that we have now is not good enough to be challenging for the top spots in my opinion. Im pretty sure most of our rivals next season will already have a stronger squad than we do right now. Adding on top of that the fact that we need another 7-11 players to come in and ''gel'', then I think its sensible not to get one''s hopes up. Until we have an identifiable squad in place for at least one whole season, we won''t be going anywhere unless gunny turns out to be a good manager (ha!)

Not moaning or being negative at all, but history shows that if we''re in the chasing pack up to Christmas we''ll be in with a shot. Obviously I''d love to see us top the table all season, but to answer the topic starters question, it ain''t gonna happen.

''Will we be top after 6 games''

Not a snowball''s chance in hell. If Norwich are even in the top half of the division i''d be surprised. Watch out for Gunnisms such as ''the team need time to get to know one another'' etc.

[quote user="crafty canary"]With the squad as it currently stands we''ll be lucky not to be in the bottom 6 let alone anywhere near the top.[/quote]

Have we got 11 players?[^o)]

No chance. With Cheese and Biscuits incharge and what is left of the board still here, we are going not going up.

How can anyone answer a question when we don''t know the squad that we''re going to have yet?Seriously, this is just another thread for the idiots of this forum to have a moan.I for one am remaining open minded. Let''s wait and see what Gunn is able to do before we start making predictions.