Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

We could be in big trouble

It is now 3 weeks since Delia & Michael said that they would have news about the make up of the new board . ( And hinted at new investment )

Michael said "an anouncement would be made in the very near future" now to me 3 weeks later the "very near future" is well and truly gone. 

Rumours persist that unless Sammy Clingan is sold we could go into administration, I hate coming on here and being a "doom monger" but my info in the last few years has been pretty good so I do think things are very bad . Perhaps even terminal.

Our "super Keen" manager who "cannot wait to  right the wrongs of last season"  has signed......no bloody one.

Has he any money ?  Is this the reason for our inactivity in the transfer market ? Was Gunn''s appointement purely on the basis that he would agree to a 1 in 1 out policy ?

I do think Archant should be asking some serious questions of our club''s leaders.  

Because, as those at the club know, during the close-season there is nothing we as supporters can do about anything. 

PS Gunny,  by twiddling your thumbs and doing b****** all you are doing is giving  your critics more & more reasons to hang you with. 

FFS: If you expect an Archant group to ask serious questions "of our club''s leaders" I think you should either get out more or book in to the Priory Clinic. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"]FFS: If you expect an Archant group to ask serious questions "of our club''s leaders" I think you should either get out more or book in to the Priory Clinic. [/quote]

Ermmmmmmm........perhaps you could do better then?

I mean, we''ve been led to believe that this kind of hard-nosed thingy would be right up your street............

OTBC

How do you know Gunny is doing b***** all ? How many other clubs have signed players ? Not many.. are Benitez, Ferguson, Ancellotti, Wenger, ONeill doing b***** all ? IsGrayson at Leeds doing b***** all ?

[quote user="canarytim"]

( And hinted at new investment )

[/quote]

Yeah?

We are in big trouble, & with Smith in charge & Gunn managing I don''t see any reason to suggest anything will improve. I''m betting on a 15th or lower place in league 1 for the end of next season.

this is all getting a bit tiresome, have a go at Gunny, have a go at the board, honestly have most of you got nothing better to do! Give it time, signings do not happen overnight how many signings have there been so far in this close season?? Not many.

[quote user="supercol"]How do you know Gunny is doing b***** all ? How many other clubs have signed players ? Not many.. are Benitez, Ferguson, Ancellotti, Wenger, ONeill doing b***** all ? IsGrayson at Leeds doing b***** all ?[/quote]

Do all these clubs need entirely new playing staff? NO

Problem is Truyellow...that we have heard that every summer. And we still hit game one with no strikers, holes in the team and the promise of loans. We need to hit the floor running not limping. We are in such a bad way we must steal a march and not just keep up with the pack.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]FFS: If you expect an Archant group to ask serious questions "of our club''s leaders" I think you should either get out more or book in to the Priory Clinic. [/quote]

As you''re so full of it, why don''t you do it then?............I think we all know why you won''t![:|]

I think we also all know exactly what you are.  As soon as there is any money to be made out of Norwich City we will be there, dear.  At the moment no one wants to know.

[quote user="trueyellow"]this is all getting a bit tiresome, have a go at Gunny, have a go at the board, honestly have most of you got nothing better to do! Give it time, signings do not happen overnight how many signings have there been so far in this close season?? Not many.[/quote]

The thing is though true is that we hear your argument every summer and then sign crap loan players just before the season starts because we dragged our heels,this summer we need the biggest squad rebuild since..well ..since last summer, and the slowly slowly approach is no good,we need about 10 players for God sake and there are good players out there to sign today not in three or four weeks!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="trueyellow"]this is all getting a bit tiresome, have a go at Gunny, have a go at the board, honestly have most of you got nothing better to do! Give it time, signings do not happen overnight how many signings have there been so far in this close season?? Not many.[/quote]

The thing is though true is that we hear your argument every summer and then sign crap loan players just before the season starts because we dragged our heels,this summer we need the biggest squad rebuild since..well ..since last summer, and the slowly slowly approach is no good,we need about 10 players for God sake and there are good players out there to sign today not in three or four weeks!!!

[/quote]Gunn has already said in the local press that he expects to have a good idea of what his squad will look like by mid-July.  If you don''t like what he has by then, by all means, start moaning.This is a thread about nothing.

While i don''t actually believe Gunn will bring the right quality in, until the end of the month when alot more players become free agents when contracts expire, traditionally business in the transfer market is slow in June.

He needs players in early as possible thoguh to allow for them to bed in & gel in the friendlies

We are close to administration, I can feel it in my bones. Watch this space.........

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Gunn has already said in the local press that he expects to have a good idea of what his squad will look like by mid-July.  If you don''t like what he has by then, by all means, start moaning.

This is a thread about nothing.
[/quote]

Exactly. It is all becoming a little boring now.

Last week we were told  there was no funds to pay staff wages, next week it''ll be we''ve had to sell the pitch to make ends meet.[|-)]

[quote user="coops"]We are close to administration, I can feel it in my bones. Watch this space.........[/quote]If that is the case, then it will be because D & M have stopped putting money in - which is something that they have been demanding of any prospective buyer.Can''t see it myself.

One of the biggest things is that until we replace Doncaster there is no one their to sit down and negotiate with players and go through contracts etc.  This is however a preferable scenario to having Doncaster there.  Hopefully we might be able to get a Cheif Exec who can wheel and deal a bit and strike a bargain rather than trading like one of the clowns from the Apprentice.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Gunn has already said in the local press that he expects to have a good idea of what his squad will look like by mid-July.  If you don''t like what he has by then, by all means, start moaning.

[/quote] He will have a good idea of what his squad will look like by mid-July because it will be about the same it is now, minus one or two other player''s. A squad devoid of quality, full of gaping great holes. And what''s the betting we limp into the new season without a recognised target man / big striker, just like last season, having to play Russell up front if he is still here, and have to paper over the ever widening cracks with another host of loan players that we were not going to have but now have too have because other wise we would not be able to field a team?  We always enter the transfer market too late. Always being told that players, managers, agents, taxi drivers and grandparents are all on holiday at this time so we cannot possibly sign anyone while around us other clubs steal the march on us.

I really hope Gunn and Co are fired up and working their collective socks off to get the players we need into the club. With the squad we have we cannot afford to be found knapping. What worries me is we still do not have a proper board in place. We are three weeks and counting from when Munby and Dooncaster went and we were told they would be replaced quickly and the hint of investment was made. We are heading towards the new season a shambles and totally unprepared, on and off the pitch. 

I don''t think it''s gunns fault, he can''t just give players contracts. They have to want to come, and this involves AGENTS! They spend the summer selling their assets, I mean players to loads of clubs, and it''s up to them to choose where they want to go. How do you make a player move to Norfolk? That''s just the way transfers work now.

[quote user="canarytim"]

It is now 3 weeks since Delia & Michael said that they would have news about the make up of the new board . ( And hinted at new investment )

Michael said "an anouncement would be made in the very near future" now to me 3 weeks later the "very near future" is well and truly gone. 

Rumours persist that unless Sammy Clingan is sold we could go into administration, I hate coming on here and being a "doom monger" but my info in the last few years has been pretty good so I do think things are very bad . Perhaps even terminal.

[/quote]

If admin is going to happen I''d rather it was now than after another season or two of decline. 

[quote user="JohnoBono"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote] He will have a good idea of what his squad will look like by mid-July because it will be about the same it is now, minus one or two other player''s. A squad devoid of quality, full of gaping great holes. And what''s the betting we limp into the new season without a recognised target man / big striker, just like last season, having to play Russell up front if he is still here, and have to paper over the ever widening cracks with another host of loan players that we were not going to have but now have too have because other wise we would not be able to field a team?  We always enter the transfer market too late. Always being told that players, managers, agents, taxi drivers and grandparents are all on holiday at this time so we cannot possibly sign anyone while around us other clubs steal the march on us.

I really hope Gunn and Co are fired up and working their collective socks off to get the players we need into the club. With the squad we have we cannot afford to be found knapping. What worries me is we still do not have a proper board in place. We are three weeks and counting from when Munby and Dooncaster went and we were told they would be replaced quickly and the hint of investment was made. We are heading towards the new season a shambles and totally unprepared, on and off the pitch. 

[/quote]

Spot on,top summary of the club and the situation we find ourselves in!

[quote]recognised target man / big striker,[/quote]Who would you recognise as a target man / big striker ?  Seems to me that you''ve left yourself a big get out clause there come July.  Would you be happy with Grant Holt ?  Or a championship level target man ?[quote]We are heading towards the new season a shambles and totally unprepared, on and off the pitch. [/quote]It''s the 5th of June !

As an relatively asset rich company, wouldn''t our creditors force us to sell our assets, land etc, before forcing us into admin? I''m not sure how it works.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. It is all becoming a little boring now.

Last week we were told  there was no funds to pay staff wages, next week it''ll be we''ve had to sell the pitch to make ends meet.[|-)]

[/quote]

Well now Inchy, that would open up a whole new vista wouldn''t it........

Imagine. We''d have to play at Colney and hence get kicked out of the Third Division................maybe landing in the Ridgeon''s League Division 1 and playing before 75 hardy souls at Emerald Park (say) in mid-January and losing the battle (as usual these days) in the face of a biting north-easterly gale and seagulls caterwauling overhead.

Seriously though, lighten up its the close season - and that is always silly.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="supercol"]How do you know Gunny is doing b***** all ? How many other clubs have signed players ? Not many.. are Benitez, Ferguson, Ancellotti, Wenger, ONeill doing b***** all ? IsGrayson at Leeds doing b***** all ?[/quote]

Theirs been allot of transfers by other teams you twit!

easy lewie jees Surprise [:O]. financial problem are the main concern for the club ever since we got relegated getting players will be key to our success league 1 :)