Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

FAO DARREN HUCKERBY

I can understand that you might be worried about your reputation in returning, but I often saw Mark Walters play in League One. He was 35, crooked, and had totally lost his pace but he still lost defenders EVERY single time with just the simple step-over and was very nearly 38 when he retired in League One. Just ask Jamie Cureton about Mark Walters as he was in the same team at the time. If Mark Walters can do it and still retire as a legend for his club, then I''m sure that you can.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

I can understand that you might be worried about your reputation in returning, but I often saw Mark Walters play in League One. He was 35, crooked, and had totally lost his pace but he still lost defenders EVERY single time with just the simple step-over and was very nearly 38 when he retired in League One. Just ask Jamie Cureton about Mark Walters as he was in the same team at the time. If Mark Walters can do it and still retire as a legend for his club, then I''m sure that you can.

[/quote]

I second that before the anti-hucks rise from the underground. Hucks, please also look at Peter Beagrie. He lost every single shread of his pace but managed to play to a high standard until 39 or 40, pace and strength are one thing, class is truly permanent.

Absolutely agree.

I''ve watched and listened to Brighton and Hove Albion matches in the past couple of years,  and i can confidently say that Hucks is more than capable of ripping most League One defences to shreds.

[quote user="John"]

Absolutely agree.

I''ve watched and listened to Brighton and Hove Albion matches in the past couple of years,  and i can confidently say that Hucks is more than capable of ripping most League One defences to shreds.

[/quote]

Exactly. He isnt going to play 90 minutes week in week out, thats obvious. But thats easily remedied, play him against Walsall, rest him against Leeds, play him against Carlise, rest him against MK Dons..... sorted.

[quote user="Lewie McDonald I''m lovin it!"]Agreed come on hucks I don''t care if your slower than hartson come back! You''ll still be a legend in all of our eyes!

Hux, im not your biggest fan!!(if your reading this) and if I were you I would not come back to norwich, you would put too much preassure on your self!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="John"]

Absolutely agree.

[/quote]

Exactly. He isnt going to play 90 minutes week in week out, thats obvious. But thats easily remedied, play him against Walsall, rest him against Leeds, play him against Carlise, rest him against MK Dons..... sorted.

[/quote]

Mark Walters was still playing 30+ games per season as a winger in League One at 37 years old and he was still outstanding.

Even sicknote Darren Anderton played until nearly 37 and he was brilliant in League One.

Marcus Stewart is nearly 37 and is playing very well despite losing his pace. He has signed a new contract so will be playing in League One next season.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="John"]

Absolutely agree.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mark Walters was playing 30+ games per season in League One as a left winger at 37 - he was crooked and without any pace  (since he was 32) but was still brilliant at 37.

Sicknote Darren Anderton was brilliant in League One and retired at nearly 37.

Marcus Stewart is nearly 37 and totally lost his pace but has been playing very well in central midfield. He has signed a new contract and will be playing in League One next season.

A reasonably intelligent footballer will be able to adapt their style of play as they get older in order to make up for their lack of pace. A prime example was Alan Shearer. People forget he was very very quick in his younger days but as he got older he adapted to make use of his stature and power. Make no mistake Hucks is a bright boy (by footballing standards) and should be able to adapt his style of play, regardless of his "iffy" hip, and should be able to walk league 1.

Come on Darren, you are an adopted son of the city, and this city wants the prodigal son to return home!!!!

I will have to agree. I think Hucks has got at least another 2 years in him. Come on Hucks, get out of your current contract and come home now! We need you now, more than ever!

[quote user="ryan85k"]I think Hucks has two league one seasons in him.[/quote]

But would we get anywhere 2 league one seasons out of him?

[quote user="OldRobert"]

[quote user="ryan85k"]I think Hucks has two league one seasons in him.[/quote]

But would we get anywhere 2 league one seasons out of him?

[/quote]

Sorry....should read....but would we get anywhere near 2 league one seasons out of him?

He has 5 months left on his contract. Thats 20 weeks wages. It''s reported(can''t confirm this) that Hucks is on 3k a week. So that works out at just 60k to buy out his contract. I''m sure the club can afford 60k to bring Hucks back and to bring a bit of good feeling back to the club that it desperately needs!

I''ll repeat what I said on the 497 previous threads about exactly the same subject.If this were any other 33/34 year old left winger, injury prone as Huckerby is you would all be up in arms. Even Huckerby himself has said he may not be fit enough for the english game again - but then you misty eyed individuals have ignored that.I want a team built that can develop into the future, and we have enough questionable elements of our past at this club as it is.If he wants to come back, bring him back to work with the youth team.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll repeat what I said on the 497 previous threads about exactly the same subject.

If this were any other 33/34 year old left winger, injury prone as Huckerby is you would all be up in arms. Even Huckerby himself has said he may not be fit enough for the english game again - but then you misty eyed individuals have ignored that.

I want a team built that can develop into the future, and we have enough questionable elements of our past at this club as it is.

If he wants to come back, bring him back to work with the youth team.
[/quote]

I think you are over looking the fact that in his own unique way Hucks does have some good leadeship qualities.  I think the best way he can work with the youth team is by being in the first team squad with Luke Daley, Korey Smith etc. firmly and squarely under his wing. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll repeat what I said on the 497 previous threads about exactly the same subject.If this were any other 33/34 year old left winger, injury prone as Huckerby is you would all be up in arms. Even Huckerby himself has said he may not be fit enough for the english game again - but then you misty eyed individuals have ignored that.I want a team built that can develop into the future, and we have enough questionable elements of our past at this club as it is.If he wants to come back, bring him back to work with the youth team. [/quote]You can repeat this as many times as you like TheMarshmallowMonkey! No one agree''s with you! So shut the f*** up!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I''ll repeat what I said on the 497 previous threads about exactly the same subject.

If this were any other 33/34 year old left winger, injury prone as Huckerby is you would all be up in arms. Even Huckerby himself has said he may not be fit enough for the english game again - but then you misty eyed individuals have ignored that.

I want a team built that can develop into the future, and we have enough questionable elements of our past at this club as it is.

If he wants to come back, bring him back to work with the youth team.
[/quote]

Don''t believe all the rubbish Hucks goes on about not being up to it anymore!

I think that Hucks would of been out most potent attacking force last season and could of been the difference between staying up or not as it turned out to be!

I''m sure Hucks would accept a pay as you play deal if the club are worryed about his fitness!

I find all this - "Hucks isn''t fit enough anymore so he shouldn''t be risked" ironic when the club pinned a lot of hope in the long gone (in terms of being fit enough to play in the Championship) Carl Cort!

I''m still waiting for Huckerbys replacement cause we sure as hell didn''t get one last season!

Hucks is worth another go in our current predicament and sure his quality even if he would not be as quick as he was, would shine through and he''d be a great asset in League 1!

maybe he''s seen how quickly legends become targets for abuse at Norwich if things don''t go right and decided against it

RE: Foggo7

IF hucks turned out to be shite for us on the pitch fair enough we won/''t throw abuse at him. What Gunn did was to piss people off 1. By showing his managerial Nievety and then to sign a new contract and make our future look bleak! But anyway we''ll see how both of them do soon!