Sign in to follow this  
Chabal

The 3 teams promoted from League One last season.

All had a front pairing who scored  at least 40 league goals between them:

Leicester - Fryatt and Howard - 40 goals

Peterborough - Mackail-Smith and Mclean - 41 goals

Scunthorpe - Hooper and Hayes - 41 goals

For those Norwich fans confident of promotion next season, which pairing will score 40 for you? And if you don''t think any pairing will, why do you think you''ll be promoted?

[quote user="Chabal"]

For those Norwich fans confident of promotion next season, which pairing will score 40 for you? And if you don''t think any pairing will, why do you think you''ll be promoted?

[/quote]

I think that an Alan Lee and Cody McDonald partnership would score 30+

On the other hand I cant see any pair from Martin, McDonald and Cureton scoring many more than 20.

We need a quality target man, if we get one of those then any of our three would have a chance of getting a fair few.

We cant underestimate the need for creative midfielders though, which is where I believe Huckerby and Daley could fit in.

We have no one at the club right now capable of scoring 20+ goals a season. Cureton is crap and out of form. Cody Mcdonald is to inexperienced to score 20+ goals.  Grant Holt and Andy Bishop would be a great partership and would get close to scoring 40 goals between them.

Why hasnt your Club gone for a player like Billy Clarke ? He is available  on a freebie and would have been a good goal scorer for you at your level.

I can only assume that you dont appear to have any funds for players, when you dont approach decent player (s) that are available on free''s!

Going up will certainly be harder than many think!

Personally I think if we kept Shackell and Lee and spend the transfer money from Clingan on a couple or 3 good players we will stand a chance, otherwise it will be difficult!

[quote user="Chabal"]

All had a front pairing who scored  at least 40 league goals between them:

Leicester - Fryatt and Howard - 40 goals

Peterborough - Mackail-Smith and Mclean - 41 goals

Scunthorpe - Hooper and Hayes - 41 goals

[/quote]

Cody MacDonald and The Big Man!

[quote user="barryevans"]3 good players we will only end up with about 600,000 if he is sold won''t get us jack maybe 1 decent lge1 player[/quote]

1 decent league one player? are you joking? the 24 league one clubs spent a total of £6.7m in the whole of 2008/2009.

Thats 267k PER CLUB!

600k would buy you half a league one team, £1.5m would buy you a promotion if you spent it right.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Going up will certainly be harder than many think!

Personally I think if we kept Shackell and Lee and spend the transfer money from Clingan on a couple or 3 good players we will stand a chance, otherwise it will be difficult!

[/quote]Trickier than it appears as we own neither Shackell or Lee so your scenario involves selling one player and buying four or five.