Sign in to follow this  
Victor Segura

What's the minimum to expect next year?

[quote user="LQ"]But the basic infrastructure of the club is still high-end Championship level, not League One level and that costs money that we won''t have coming in. Advertising, league payments, ticket sales etc will all fall. Sure there are some savings that can be made, but not enough without damaging the whole thing in a way that will take years to rebuild.

[/quote]

Yes, the last thing we want - is the corporate facilities and the off the field activities and restaurants to suffer, fail and flounder - like the football....has.

[quote user="LQ"]You have a very skewed view of me.

[/quote]

No, I don''t think so.....You wouldn''t look out of place on the ''Apprentice''....actually.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]But the basic infrastructure of the club is still high-end Championship level, not League One level and that costs money that we won''t have coming in. Advertising, league payments, ticket sales etc will all fall. Sure there are some savings that can be made, but not enough without damaging the whole thing in a way that will take years to rebuild.

[/quote]

Yes, the last thing we want - is the corporate facilities and the off the field activities and restaurants to suffer, fail and flounder - like the football....has.

[/quote]

You wouldn''t think we are a FOOTBALL club!

Actually I was thinking about costs like Colney and the match related infrastructure at Carrow Road.You two can think about restaurants if you like.

Theres plenty of overhead that can be cut such as the £805k pa (per Doncasters analysis in the local media) relating to accommodation, travelling etc. Then theres the media department, after all who in the national media is going to be interested in a Division 3 (old money) club?  Just needs the board / senior management of NCFC Plc. to appreciate that we are now a Division 3 (old money) club rather than a Premiership club. 

[quote user="LQ"]Actually I was thinking about costs like Colney and the match related infrastructure at Carrow Road.

You two can think about restaurants if you like.

[/quote]

Why not, the major-shareholder does.....

LQ, do excuse me for being dim, but what exactly is match related infrastructure? Can you mean, the pitch and the stands?

Carrow Road used to be a football ground.

Minimum to expect.

As promised, some changes at board level. I am not holding my breath, but hey, we were promised!

Until we get changes in policy and philosophy it will just be more of the same old same old we have witnessed for the past few years. Doesn''t necessarily have to be personnel changes, but changes in thinking.

Nothing has changed yet as far as I can see. Same old stuff churned out.

Yes we have bigger crowds and a larger ST holder base than other clubs in the league (but we had that in the Championship and what good did it do us?).

Same personnel same thinking - an average finish. Anything from 5-15th. Could be worse if Gunn carries on as he left off at Charlton.

We have next to no players left, and pre season starts at the end of the month. What money we have for players is anyone''s guess. What that money gets spent on, again is down to the managerial team and on their showing last season I have no confidence in them turning things around.

NCFC needs a radical shake up, starting in the boardroom. Only then will our fortunes change for the better.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]

...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.
[/quote]

Whereas your full time employment, seems to be the self-appointed sentinel of this forum.....So much free time, I do envy you.[/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing Mello.
[/quote]

Yeah, the angry and little Green Monster that I am.

[/quote]

You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)]
[/quote]

Nope, and nope....Are you hoping for a date with LQ?

[/quote]

Nope.  to be fair, I was expecting a better comeback from you.  But I guess you''ve become just another kid in the playground.
[/quote]

....and you''re just a dull old nanny goat - in a adult environment.... Got a season ticket yet?....Then you can tell me and others, how to spend our rebates...

[/quote]

Now now children, stop bickering or theres no more internet for you!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]

...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.
[/quote]

Whereas your full time employment, seems to be the self-appointed sentinel of this forum.....So much free time, I do envy you.[/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing Mello.
[/quote]

Yeah, the angry and little Green Monster that I am.

[/quote]

You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)]
[/quote]

Nope, and nope....Are you hoping for a date with LQ?

[/quote]

Nope.  to be fair, I was expecting a better comeback from you.  But I guess you''ve become just another kid in the playground.
[/quote]

....and you''re just a dull old nanny goat - in a adult environment.... Got a season ticket yet?....Then you can tell me and others, how to spend our rebates...

[/quote]

Now now children, stop bickering or theres no more internet for you!

[/quote]

Munch my pump!.....

[/quote]

Have you not noticed we have kept our ''high-end Championship'' club infrastructure afloat for several years with the savings made by not employing ''high-end Championship'' players?Something like £700,000 pa on ''Accounting'' and 200 staff on the books implies to me there are numerous savings to be made at the club other than in the playing squad.

My minimum expectation is no yellow shorts.......

Other than that...any of the usual old sh1t will be generally tolerated by the sheep.

After more than half a century I have settled on avoiding relegation as the target - anything better than that a bonus.  After your unfortunate experience last season you may see why I find this the best solution (or not, as the case may be).