Sign in to follow this  
Victor Segura

What's the minimum to expect next year?

I know people will say playoffs or automatic promotion but realistically i can''t see this happening,we''ve got to build a squad mainly full of bosmans hopefully with the odd bit of money spent on as good  as we can get and the untried youth players,we''ll lose Clingan and Hoolahan at least aswell so like him or not Gunn has got a hell of a job on.We''ve got to basically start again and we do need stability desperately,i personally didn''t want Gunn but if he starts OK i will be right behind him and i''m sure i''ll be slated but i would take a top ten finish.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]

...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.
[/quote]

Whereas your full time employment, seems to be the self-appointed sentinel of this forum.....So much free time, I do envy you.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.[/quote]

Whereas your full time employment, seems to be the self-appointed sentinel of this forum.....So much free time, I do envy you.[/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing Mello.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]

...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.
[/quote]

Whereas your full time employment, seems to be the self-appointed sentinel of this forum.....So much free time, I do envy you.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, the angry and little Green Monster that I am.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]LQ to be appointed ''Head of Club Media''.....[/quote]...And Mello to be given a new brush and extra toilet duck to assist in his duties.[/quote]

Jealousy is an ugly thing Mello.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)]
[/quote]

Nope, and nope....Are you hoping for a date with LQ?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Jealousy is an ugly thing Mello.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)][/quote]

[/quote]Nope.  to be fair, I was expecting a better comeback from you.  But I guess you''ve become just another kid in the playground.

Win the league.

Can''t afford anyone to be in a comfort zone where they think just "consolidating" is a good job.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re getting a new brush aren''t you ?  Some people are never happy... [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope.  to be fair, I was expecting a better comeback from you.  But I guess you''ve become just another kid in the playground.
[/quote]

....and you''re just a dull old nanny goat - in a adult environment.... Got a season ticket yet?....Then you can tell me and others, how to spend our rebates...

Although unrealistic, considering that there''s going to be tough competition down there (Leeds, Millwall, Charlton etc), I think finishing in the play-offs has to be the minimum target.

Winning the league should be the main target. Even if its unlikely that we''ll achieve it, it still needs to be aimed for.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

....and you''re just a dull old nanny goat - in a adult environment.... Got a season ticket yet?....Then you can tell me and others, how to spend our rebates...

[/quote]How you spend your rebate is your business.  If you are happy to pay league 1 prices to watch league 1 football for the foreseeable future that''s your call, and the rebate certainly shouldn''t be seen as anything other than a chance to get an extra quality player or 2.  The first thing that anyone who took over the club would do is raise the season ticket prices though - not that it would bother you, as you can afford to pay...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

How you spend your rebate is your business.  If you are happy to pay league 1 prices to watch league 1 football for the foreseeable future that''s your call, and the rebate certainly shouldn''t be seen as anything other than a chance to get an extra quality player or 2.  The first thing that anyone who took over the club would do is raise the season ticket prices though - not that it would bother you, as you can afford to pay...
[/quote]

I don''t trust this board (what''s left of it).....Do you?

What makes you state/think, that there will be an increase on season ticket prices - if someone else takes over the club? Scaremongering, or are you psychic?

It''s like me saying the rebate money will go towards paying Neil Doncaster''s severance pay....which actually, sounds much more plausible.

Actually IF someone else takes over and IF the ST prices do go up it''s probably my fault for pointing out how cheap they are!

What resources?You''ve spent years on here telling everyone that all the money has been wasted. Now you''re saying that even without the rebate dosh and Foulger''s matching cash we''ve got resources?Nope - does not compute!

I trust that they don''t want to fail.  I trust that they want promotion out of league 1 to get more revenue and improve the worth of the club.  And I think they might realise that they have to provide a budget to Gunn that will enable him to get a decent squad together - Surely that lesson has been learnt by now.Increasing ST prices would, I would imagine, be step 1 to getting more money into the club.  Wasn''t it the billionaires of QPR that wanted to charge 50 pounds a seat for championship football when they took over ?  Seems like a no-brainer to me.  Someone really clever would do some research and come back with a spreadsheet which would show the highest price they could get away with, without losing too many fans  - that''s part of due diligence I would imagine.[quote]I don''t trust this board (what''s left of it).....Do you?

What makes you state/think, that there will be an increase on season

ticket prices - if someone else takes over the club? Scaremongering,

or are you psychic?

It''s like me saying the rebate money will go towards paying Neil Doncaster''s severance pay....which actually, sounds much more plausible.[/quote]

[quote user="LQ"]What resources?

You''ve spent years on here telling everyone that all the money has been wasted. Now you''re saying that even without the rebate dosh and Foulger''s matching cash we''ve got resources?

Nope - does not compute!

[/quote]

You do exagerate but thats no surprise. Were have I posted that ALL the money has been wasted?  Yes I have questioned the expenditure on tangible fixed assets that could have waited but not ALL the money that has been spent on tangible fixed assets, e.g., the Jarrold stand (excluding the offices), the pitch, the hotel.

The resources I referred to relate to the recurring revenues such as season ticket sales, casual seat sales, match day catering etc. that the long suffering city fans provide NCFC Plc. with every season. Moreover our average league gates will be considerably bigger than the majority of teams in Division 3 (old money)  so if we can''t compete at the top end of the division then it will be a poor show.

Furthermore  NCFC Plc will have the revenues from the sale of player registrations to reinvest in the playing squad unless the board intend to use it elsewhere.

I find myself agreeing with Tangy on this one, it''s the sales of those players and the 18,000 season tickets that should give us a head-start over other clubs when it comes to signing players.  But then you''ve got to build a team.  Maybe top 6 is achievable, but top 10 is likely.

But the basic infrastructure of the club is still high-end Championship level, not League One level and that costs money that we won''t have coming in. Advertising, league payments, ticket sales etc will all fall. Sure there are some savings that can be made, but not enough without damaging the whole thing in a way that will take years to rebuild.

[quote user="LQ"]Actually IF someone else takes over and IF the ST prices do go up it''s probably my fault for pointing out how cheap they are!

[/quote]

This is rural Norfolk we''re talking about, where the average salary is considerably variable (and lower) to the ''Smoke'' and many other areas of this Country.  

I suppose if the club recovers 30% of season ticket rebates - you''ll most likely claim the glory for that as well....