Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

We won't know our Transfer budget for a while !

These were the words spoken by Ian Crook in a interview with the Daily Telegraph.

Just what the hell is going on at Carrow Road ? This is a disgraceful set of affairs, over the years I have had a lot of sympathy for our owners but with nearly 20,000 season ticket holders this is the worst betrayal yet of these fans by Delia & Michael.

You know who the Club will blame, the poor sods who asked for their refund.

I said on another post here (We could be in big trouble) that Gunny was talking out his a*** when he keeps saying "players are coming".

How can they if he does n''t know what his transfer budget ? Even if it is CRAP he should know by now.

No it all probably depends on how much we get for Clingan , Hoolahan and the rebate money ,when has this club ever had a transfer kitty

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]No it all probably depends on how much we get for Clingan , Hoolahan and the rebate money ,when has this club ever had a transfer kitty
[/quote]

Exactly, as well as any new investment. Well, somebody''s gonna have to step into the board?????

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

Those words leapt off the page at me too.

If it''s true, why say it, surely he could have thought before speaking[:@]

[/quote]

Maybe he did.

And, if so, good for him. After all the management team is getting the blame from some for something that is not their fault, aren''t they.

OTBC

[quote user="canarytim"]

These were the words spoken by Ian Crook in a interview with the Daily Telegraph.

Just what the hell is going on at Carrow Road ? This is a disgraceful set of affairs, over the years I have had a lot of sympathy for our owners but with nearly 20,000 season ticket holders this is the worst betrayal yet of these fans by Delia & Michael.

I said on another post here (We could be in big trouble) that Gunny was talking out his a*** when he keeps saying "players are coming".

How can they if he does n''t know what his transfer budget ? Even if it is CRAP he should know by now.

[/quote]

Stop taking the PinkUn for gospel. That whole article has been recycled, he has been in Sydney for two weeks now, so that could be very old news.

The news about Crook having lunch with Bosnich is at least 10 days old now, and Crook flew to Sydney just a couple of days after the season end.

The whole article is a shambles, just several completely different sources and quotes, from different times, being mashed together with list of references..... to be swallowed up by you lot.

To me it says more about Archants budget than Norwich City''s.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

Stop taking the PinkUn for gospel. That whole article has been recycled, he has been in Sydney for two weeks now, so that could be very old news.

The news about Crook having lunch with Bosnich is at least 10 days old now, and Crook flew to Sydney just a couple of days after the season end.

The whole article is a shambles, just several completely different sources and quotes, from different times, being mashed together with list of references..... to be swallowed up by you lot.

[/quote]

I mean WITHOUT a list of references.

[quote user="canarytim"]I agree but if  the club are keeping it a secret from our own management team we are in trouble.[/quote]

You are quite correct in saying that, but you have no real reason to believe that they dont.

As NISA managed to get rid of the Chairman and The Chief Executive, neither of whom have been replaced, I don''t see how anyone can expect to know what the transfer budget will be. The three remaining directors are hardly professionals as were the other two and for all the will in the world "pulling together" amounts to "muddling through". A ship cannot steer without a captain and Norwich City have not got one at the moment. In my opinion NISA have done the Club a great dis-service.

[quote user="Bobert"]As NISA managed to get rid of the Chairman and The Chief Executive, neither of whom have been replaced, I don''t see how anyone can expect to know what the transfer budget will be. The three remaining directors are hardly professionals as were the other two and for all the will in the world "pulling together" amounts to "muddling through". A ship cannot steer without a captain and Norwich City have not got one at the moment. In my opinion NISA have done the Club a great dis-service.[/quote]Well well Bobert seems I''m not alone in thinking that the Munby and Doomy ''affair'' was precipitated by the amount of negativity shown towards them here and elsewhere in the build up to the St. Andrews hall meeting. The announcement of Gunns appointment, do you think the timing of that was an attempt by the board to negate any opposition that might have been shown (was actually shown) at the same meeting to his appointment?Two sackings and one appointment just before the meeting and all conveniently pre-empting the outcome of any vote that might have been taken. Better to push Roger and Neil out before NCISA return a vote of no confidence in them makes it look like you''re the one in charge that way doesn''t it?Surprised to hear it from you though Bob.

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also as the rebate and Foulgers matching investment are being put towards the playing budget I am sure they wont know "exactly" what this years budget is until the rebate deadline passes.

[quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]This isn''t disgracefull it''s absolutely normal and will be the same, all be it by different degrees in every club in the land. As Karl Pilkington says they will know there minimum but the rest can change day by day, rebate money counts, player sales count it''s wheelin and dealin what did you expect crystal ball business deals

All this is, is a summer football space filler.The clue was with the ''?''  Meaning Archant can write any old crap shove a ''?'' on the end, hey presto a story.

[quote user="Bobert"]As NISA managed to get rid of the Chairman and The Chief Executive, neither of whom have been replaced, I don''t see how anyone can expect to know what the transfer budget will be. The three remaining directors are hardly professionals as were the other two and for all the will in the world "pulling together" amounts to "muddling through". A ship cannot steer without a captain and Norwich City have not got one at the moment. In my opinion NISA have done the Club a great dis-service.[/quote]

Breaking News!

Local convenience store company NISA, do a football club a dis-service - by removing its Chief Executive and Chairman!

"Roger''s absolutely devastated...He used to buy his daily fags from them....and they''ve got him the bleedin'' elbow - and to think I also got my munchies for my tea-breaks from ''em an'' all - and now I''ve also been shown the bloody door!...said a most irate Neil Doncaster. 

[quote user="Gunn Be Gone"]No it all probably depends on how much we get for Clingan , Hoolahan and the rebate money ,when has this club ever had a transfer kitty
[/quote]

i would rather have hoolahan and clingan than money!!

[quote user="Bobert"]As NISA managed to get rid of the Chairman and The Chief Executive, neither of whom have been replaced, I don''t see how anyone can expect to know what the transfer budget will be. The three remaining directors are hardly professionals as were the other two and for all the will in the world "pulling together" amounts to "muddling through". A ship cannot steer without a captain and Norwich City have not got one at the moment. In my opinion NISA have done the Club a great dis-service.[/quote]

How you can blame a supporters'' organisation for the mess that the Board have created at our Club over years of poor decision-making and ineffective leadership is beyond me.  Oh, and by the way, you say that there are only 3 remaining directors; are you sure of that? 

[quote user="canarytim"]

[/quote]Because they are, as they always are, seeking investment and have fingers in many pies. Sadly nobody on the board is a clairvoyant.The refunds are not the issue, they''ll have a rough idea on that

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Have we EVER known our transfer budget? Its always kept secret from us.[/quote]Obviously. You cant work out why?Please list the transfer budget for the other 91 clubs.See my point?