Sign in to follow this  
pitch fork

Crisps + proffesional football = ?

have not felt the need to write on here for a while.  BUT ...I was sitting on the bench opposite Rays CDs near Anglia Square today listening to Ace of Base on my MP3 player. When I saw Jon Otsemobor smashing  a packet of scampi Nik Naks crisps as he hurried down Magdalen street past a charity shop. It made me feel a little perplexed by what i had witnessed. Im paying for those Nik Naks!Should a proffesional football whos attitude and performance last year was unsatisfactory be doing this?shoud he have spent the money in a charity shop?but then my thought process changed...surely the bigger question has to be what is the best packet of crisps?you see i dont like Nik Naks my favourite is pickled onion monster munchwhats yours?

[quote user="pitch fork"] have not felt the need to write on here for a while.  BUT ...I was sitting on the bench opposite Rays CDs near Anglia Square today listening to Ace of Base on my MP3 player. When I saw Jon Otsemobor smashing  a packet of scampi Nik Naks crisps as he hurried down Magdalen street past a charity shop. It made me feel a little perplexed by what i had witnessed. Im paying for those Nik Naks!Should a proffesional football whos attitude and performance last year was unsatisfactory be doing this?shoud he have spent the money in a charity shop?but then my thought process changed...surely the bigger question has to be what is the best packet of crisps?you see i dont like Nik Naks my favourite is pickled onion monster munchwhats yours?[/quote]Selfish beggar could have bought some 1970s chipboard and a cardie for the price of that bag of nik naks.Builders Breakfast crisps are my current personal favourite.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="pitch fork"] have not felt the need to write on here for a while.  BUT ...I was sitting on the bench opposite Rays CDs near Anglia Square today listening to Ace of Base on my MP3 player. When I saw Jon Otsemobor smashing  a packet of scampi Nik Naks crisps as he hurried down Magdalen street past a charity shop.
 It made me feel a little perplexed by what i had witnessed. Im paying for those Nik Naks!
Should a proffesional football whos attitude and performance last year was unsatisfactory be doing this?

shoud he have spent the money in a charity shop?

but then my thought process changed...

surely the bigger question has to be what is the best packet of crisps?

you see i dont like Nik Naks my favourite is pickled onion monster munch

whats yours?
[/quote]

Selfish beggar could have bought some 1970s chipboard and a cardie for the price of that bag of nik naks.

Builders Breakfast crisps are my current personal favourite.
[/quote]

Mmmmmm mine too, they are scrummy, also have to love the old fave of prawn cocktail.

I think you''ll find that Walkers cheese & onion crisps are the bestest ever flavour.

And when placed between two slices of bread they are a a delicious treat

[quote user="BringBackIwan"]

I think you''ll find that Walkers cheese & onion crisps are the bestest ever flavour.

[/quote]

I second that, although Salt & Vinegar chipsticks are mighty tasty too.....

[quote user="BringBackIwan"]

[/quote]

I agree with you there, however you should also try the following,

Make a ham sandwich in the normal way, but then butter the top of it and then put on some mayonaise, then put the cheese & onion crips on top of the mayo. and complete it by putting another piece of buttered bread.

The triple decker ham and crisp sandwich.

Salt and vinegar chipsticks are to die for!!! [Y]Having said that, on the potato based snack front I''m a simple girl - ready salted or s&v for me. I''ll never forgive my brother for force feeding me a whole packet of tomato sauce flavour Monster Munch when I was 9. Scarred for life...

[quote user="yorkcanary"][quote user="BringBackIwan"]

[/quote] I agree with you there, however you should also try the following, Make a ham sandwich in the normal way, but then butter the top of it and then put on some mayonaise, then put the cheese & onion crips on top of the mayo. and complete it by putting another piece of buttered bread. The triple decker ham and crisp sandwich.[/quote]

I''m off to buy some ham & mayo . . . . . . . .

Does anyone else go overboard on Pringles dipped in Nutella?No?Just me then...

Hope not![:O]Try it though - food of the gods (or goddesses)

[quote user="LQ"]Does anyone else go overboard on Pringles dipped in Nutella?

No?

Just me then...

[/quote]

Bit off topic, but my wife got me in to vanilla ice cream, salted peanuts & chocolate sauce.

It''s like a Snickers ice cream sundae. Delicious

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]When my eldest sister was pregnant she had a craving for pickled gherkins and ice cream, that is wrong in so many ways lol[/quote]That''s gross!!!I don''t remember craving anything in particular when I was pregnant (except getting it out of me as soon as was humanly possible!)

Tayto cheese and onion are the best especially in a sambo my friend when she was in australia got them shipped out to her from ireland

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]When my eldest sister was pregnant she had a craving for pickled gherkins and ice cream, that is wrong in so many ways lol[/quote]

That''s gross!!!

I don''t remember craving anything in particular when I was pregnant (except getting it out of me as soon as was humanly possible!)

[/quote]

It sure is gross, used to make me heave hehehehe but bless her she couldn''t help it.

[quote user="tippyellow"]Tayto cheese and onion are the best especially in a sambo
my friend when she was in australia got them shipped out to her from ireland
[/quote]

I had a work colleague that would always bring a load of Taytos back with him!

Quick snack! Cheese on toast,but with a layer of Walkers s&v or bacon crunched up,then the cheese lightly melted on top! Good after pub munchies.

Is no one going to stand up for Norfolk and for Kettle''s Mature Cheddar and Red Onion? As for cravings, champagne, of course, but I''d be hard pressed to link that to pregnancy...